Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WARDUST

ROGUE REBEL Tc [RELEASE]

Asking for your opinion:
After many changes with the monsters behaviour, i arrived to the limits of my brain (and the easy scripting i think). The oint is that i use a thingHate code just make some monster hate each other, but that feature has some problems. The bigger one, is that the monsters with the proper behaviour, becomes "deaf", So, they don't awake when you shoot in the back, only if they see you or you shoot them directly. That's really weird in some moments.

So! that's the behaviours i can choose (talking about stormtroopers):

CURRENTLY:
1- Storms hate monsters and players, attack when see them(they can see 360º, to compensate the "deaf" problem)
PROBLEM: they never start stopped(as in Doom2 start), see you inmediately (also they are deaf, but not noticeable with the 360 view)

OPTION:
2- They start normal as always (can hear the shots and see you). But turns "crazy" if some hated monster (dianogas or mynocks) exist in the map.
PROBLEM: they start turning around without shooting you, trying to find a path, they only react when you shoot them)
That means that some maps are perfect and others, the storms has some problems.

Both of them are fully playable, but not perfect. I think i prefer the current one
Other option can be delete the new behaviour and just let the mynocks and dianogas attack, and start a single infigt with some stormtrooper (but i like when the soldiers stay alert and shoot together (It's weird if one is dying and his teammate is quiet seeing him die... also, this is mandatory for the icespiders version)

What do you think?
Regards!

Well, I told you what I thought about all this before. For the Icespider edition, You can remove Stormtroopers and the need for this hate system and just have Star Wars monsters. Honestly, the Stormtroopers kinda ruin the experience. You start a map and instantly all you hear is troopers dying and then you are left with an empty map. Let the Stormtroopers stay in the Standard edition, forget the hate system, and let the Icespider edition be its own thing. 

You can bring in the cool monsters and creatures of Star Wars for example the Rancor to replace barons and hell knights with a powerful attack that sends players flying when hit. Instead of guns, you could bring in melee weapons like Lightsabers, Stormtrooper stun batons, Darksabers, and more.

Looking at the code it seems that you're using type 0 and type 4 hate "Thing_Hate(0, 8, 4)". Have you tried using type 3 hate? "Thing_Hate(0, 8, 3)"? I believe type three hate will attack players.

1 hour ago, Xim said:

Looking at the code it seems that you're using type 0 and type 4 hate "Thing_Hate(0, 8, 4)". Have you tried using type 3 hate? "Thing_Hate(0, 8, 3)"? I believe type three hate will attack players.

Yes, i have tryed everyone of them. 3 fit perfect, but then the soldiers can't hear you when you shoot, but they can see you and attack (here i'm placing the +lookallaround and it works more or less, but then, i'm loosing the stationary/iddle initial position)
With 4 the monsters go against anything (enemies and player) without waiting (it works more or less)
Another solution i'm about to test is activate the hate through the monsters (mynocks etc) instead the troopers. In this way, they will behave as always except when an enemy monster is in the map (in this case they will loock for them and i hope they will attack the player)

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Rex705 said:

Well, I told you what I thought about all this before. For the Icespider edition, You can remove Stormtroopers and the need for this hate system and just have Star Wars monsters. Honestly, the Stormtroopers kinda ruin the experience. You start a map and instantly all you hear is troopers dying and then you are left with an empty map. Let the Stormtroopers stay in the Standard edition, forget the hate system, and let the Icespider edition be its own thing. 

You can bring in the cool monsters and creatures of Star Wars for example the Rancor to replace barons and hell knights with a powerful attack that sends players flying when hit. Instead of guns, you could bring in melee weapons like Lightsabers, Stormtrooper stun batons, Darksabers, and more.

In the current version they are more agressive and kill lot of spiders. I like the Aliens vibe it give me in that way (but i will consier ideas of course)

Thanks for commenting!

Finally, this is the behaviour:
behave normal (as always), but if there are hated monsters, will go after them and also the player when see

Example with Spiders in a Doom2 MWAD

I used previously to replace the bossbrain, and was appearing sometimes performing this time of death (ending the level at his death)
Also it has this minor changes:
Scout shoot sprite corrected
Bosses drops rewards
Inquisitors and Vader has GL lights attached to the saber sequences

Happy year ending! thanks for all the kind messages! :)

Edited by WARDUST

Starwars Merry New Year Sweetness!!!!!

Honestly, I really much appreciated you WARDUST of your hard work on you MOD and as always thank you! To everyone else here that does appreciate have a wonderful Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!!!

Nice! Me like!!!

59 minutes ago, WARDUST said:

An update for the E11 (mirroring to see the other side, and also a bit rotated)

upgrade.PNG.c48632ab5ff949f1512594db384cee33.PNG

28 minutes ago, WARDUST said:

This mod is absolutely insane . When there is a new version out ,I'd love making a few videos for my channel .

On 12/29/2022 at 6:59 PM, WimpyDenton84 said:

This mod is absolutely insane . When there is a new version out ,I'd love making a few videos for my channel .

Remember I will not post a visible link. "This is the way"

Thanks for your words!

Edited by WARDUST

Starting the year with some questions
I'm remaking the terrain, at first i wanted recover the old brown liquid to replace the green/doomish one, and i did something (video of the WIP attached) then, i see that this liquid doesn't look too much dangerous, so it can be a good replacer for Blood. My question the is what to do now with the green slime:

Green Slime -> Suggestions here (electric? green? gasoline look? that last option it's one of the things in testing)
Blood (usually the electric field) -> Trash compacter terrain

I agree that the trash compactor terrain is good replacement for the blood textures. Green slime might be okay as it is imo. But gasoline might be better than electricity.

21 minutes ago, Xim said:

I agree that the trash compactor terrain is good replacement for the blood textures. Green slime might be okay as it is imo. But gasoline might be better than electricity.

I will need your help when starting editing audio inside the pk3, there are some things i can't understand. For the next week i supose ;)

2 hours ago, Xim said:

Looks great. Will the dianoga spawn on the trash textures? 

That's one of the purposes yes

Lowly opinion: the new textures look amazing, but as a level designer, I love having some bright colors to add some (tasteful) "pop" to certain areas; as such, I kind of prefer the older nukage to the new one.  Obviously it depends on what aesthetic you're attempting, and I am no expert in canonical Star Wars liquids, but I can definitely imagine that green adding some awesome contrast in the middle of a drab Imperial base.

1 hour ago, Lutz said:

Lowly opinion: the new textures look amazing, but as a level designer, I love having some bright colors to add some (tasteful) "pop" to certain areas; as such, I kind of prefer the older nukage to the new one.  Obviously it depends on what aesthetic you're attempting, and I am no expert in canonical Star Wars liquids, but I can definitely imagine that green adding some awesome contrast in the middle of a drab Imperial base.

Yes, that's one of the challenges. I tryed with pink tones, but actually yellow/orange is working well (with GLlight attached and brightmaps, the contrast is good in my opinion, this tone is currently a neighbour of the green one.) let me record something for you to show it. Thanks for the opinion ;)

Edited by WARDUST

5 hours ago, WARDUST said:

<VIDEO>

I see what you mean; it looks pretty darn good.

Also, that level layout certainly seems familiar...

1 hour ago, Lutz said:

I see what you mean; it looks pretty darn good.

Also, that level layout certainly seems familiar...

I see also your point. It confirms my thoughts, so, when someone give good feedback like you, i take it in consideration.
In this video example i'm testing SLIME1, with a bit more contrast in the oilish details. Also i will be testing slime2 with the purple tone... but not sure if it will fit well, let's see
SLIME2
SWDB47.png.bbaa8923224291c22d5657a40f906443.png

SLIME1