Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nycemt123

Extra Lifer

That Phobos skin is wowzers!

I did my extra Lifer run on ITYTD... started on Thursday night... got the skin on Friday afternoon - with FORTY-FIVE extra lives in inventory!!

Has me wondering... why should ITYTD be a permitted difficulty level for receiving the skin? It literally had me feeling bad for the demons that (compared to my NM run) were essentially brainless. It was funny to keep the archviles alive as long as possible to spawn more so I could complete event series challenges in one fight scene... but omg!

Died 2x due to flukes (1 time I was wiping pizza oil from my beard lol & the 2nd I got stuck on a step surrounded by archvile summons as they were spawning)...

My point is that after having completed it, I feel that the skin should only be available for Extra Lifer on UV and up, whereas the title should be able to be obtained on ITYTD and up.

Thoughts?

I did the same thing, don't feel too bad about it. It is a nice looking skin anyway. Used the same run for the "can't improve upon perfection" milestone (beat the game with only 1 crystal and 1 suit point).

14 hours ago, SulfurOccult said:

I did the same thing, don't feel too bad about it. It is a nice looking skin anyway. Used the same run for the "can't improve upon perfection" milestone (beat the game with only 1 crystal and 1 suit point).

Hmm maybe that should be my next focus. So, only use one crystal and 1 praetor point to achieve?

2 hours ago, nycemt123 said:

Hmm maybe that should be my next focus. So, only use one crystal and 1 praetor point to achieve?

Yep, the Milestone is listed in-game. You're allowed to collect as many Praetor Points as you want, just can't spend more than one. And make sure not to accidentally interact with a Sentinel Crystal after the one in the Fortress, since you can't cancel the upgrade after that.

17 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Yep, the Milestone is listed in-game. You're allowed to collect as many Praetor Points as you want, just can't spend more than one. And make sure not to accidentally interact with a Sentinel Crystal after the one in the Fortress, since you can't cancel the upgrade after that.

Gotcha - thanks!

So I've gotta say... the Unmodded run is pretty difficult in a great way.

I decided to do it in Ultra-Violence. I'm actually stuck in Nekravol Part 1 because those pain elementals at the brain-room are vicious. Having a max of 50 armor/100hp reeeeeally takes a toll on ya!