Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

DooM LogiC

I was just thinking if DOOMGUY runs like 57 mph's on mars, wouldn't he run on Earth with a speed of like 170 mph's?

Also, why would Demon's want to kill you? Their whole point is that they torture you in hell, and you cannot die, because you are already dead.

On that, how can zombies operate guns?

how do bullets fire at the same speed on Mars as on Earth?

How would plasma guns work? wouldn't all the ammunition fly out at once? Plasma is like a form of a gas, and tries to fill up a room.

the plasma would also damage you and everything.

How does DOOMGUY support his weight? 

Why is DOOMGUY the only marine helping? as seen in multiplayer, there are way more marines just as powerful as him.

How do you hear the shots and sounds of yourself and other demons in space?

why, in newer DOOM games or some other OG DOOM ports can you jump only a couple of feet, I get the double jump, but you should jump way higher?

shouldn't your sight be reduced by like an inch in DOOM 2, since you landed back on Earth?

why are the Mars stations so big? do you really need to make 100 square mile buildings?

Why does time not work? there are no days nor no nights.

Post some of your logic questions.

Also, this is a joke, I get that it's just a game.

So the other day I ordered a tremendous sandwich with all the fixins. It was a magnificent sandwich. I take the first bite and an avalanche of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions, and mayonnaise etc slide right out onto my lap. My lunch was ruined.

41 minutes ago, User Name said:

So the other day I ordered a tremendous sandwich with all the fixins. It was a magnificent sandwich. I take the first bite and an avalanche of lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and onions, and mayonnaise etc slide right out onto my lap. My lunch was ruined.

More like your pants were ruined, amirite? 

Also, a little sriracha with the mayo can be a pleasant addition. 

2 minutes ago, Job said:

More like your pants were ruined, amirite? 

Also, a little sriracha with the mayo can be a pleasant addition. 

I ruined the very pants I was returning.

Love sriracha!

>I was just thinking if DOOMGUY runs like 57 mph's on mars, wouldn't he run on Earth with a speed of like 170 mph's?

are you stupid or is your brain blowing bubbles

8 minutes ago, Teabλg_Johnson said:

>I was just thinking if DOOMGUY runs like 57 mph's on mars, wouldn't he run on Earth with a speed of like 170 mph's?

are you stupid or is your brain blowing bubbles

No, scientifically, if the gravity on mars is 3.711 m/s² and on earth, it's 9.807 m/s² you would move almost 2.6 times faster on Earth than on Mars, so building up velocity on Mars takes a super long time while on Earth it takes a couple of seconds. Also, running speed would be reduced. So no, he wouldn't run 170 MPH, he would run about 148 MPH.

4 minutes ago, LiT_gam3r said:

No, scientifically, if the gravity on mars is 3.711 m/s² and on earth, it's 9.807 m/s² you would move almost 2.6 times faster on Earth than on Mars, so building up velocity on Mars takes a super long time while on Earth it takes a couple of seconds. Also, running speed would be reduced. So no, he wouldn't run 170 MPH, he would run about 148 MPH.

in a newtonian hellhole, the closest thing that would be affected is acceleration, at which point you're correct. but other factors influence this, like net force. his speed will most likely not change, but his acceleration might

and we're talking about a video game that's older than most of the people playing it about murdering things, so

5 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

I was just thinking if DOOMGUY runs like 57 mph's on mars, wouldn't he run on Earth with a speed of like 170 mph's?

Classic Doom didn't take place on Mars. In any case, his marine suit is able to modify his movement speed in alien environments.

Also, why would Demon's want to kill you? Their whole point is that they torture you in hell, and you cannot die, because you are already dead.

The demons are trying to destroy your body so they can freely torture your soul.

On that, how can zombies operate guns?

Zombification leaves enough intelligence to use weapons.

2016: "While Lazarus Wave exposure does effectively wipe any vestige of human behavior from most of its victims,some subjects continue to display tactical cognizance posthumously. As with Possessed Engineers, this does not appear to be random. If an individual has training in combat (as part of the UAC Military) the Lazarus Wave event will transform them into more than mere slaves. This anomaly further supports the theory that there is some form of genetic coding embedded within the Lazarus Wave particles which governs the outcome of Lazarus Wave exposure on a per-case basis."

how do bullets fire at the same speed on Mars as on Earth?

I don't know.

How would plasma guns work? wouldn't all the ammunition fly out at once? Plasma is like a form of a gas, and tries to fill up a room.

The UAC found ways to contain plasma into spheres:

Classic: "Plasma Rifles shoot multiple rounds of plasma energy - frying some demon butt!"

Doom 3: "Energy based weapon developed in the Mars weapon facility. Unit is powered by plasma canisters manufactured in the EnPro facility."

2016: "The Plasma Rifle became standard issue among military units with the advent of Argent powered electromagnetic accelerators. Based off the HIPGD design of the early 21st century, this weapon delivers a rapid salvo of plasmoids that inflict both impact and thermal damage to the target."

How does DOOMGUY support his weight? 

Military training and adrenaline.

Why is DOOMGUY the only marine helping? as seen in multiplayer, there are way more marines just as powerful as him.

"You and your buddies, the only combat troop for fifty million miles were sent up pronto to Phobos. You were ordered to secure the perimeter of the base while the rest of the team went inside. For several hours, your radio picked up the sounds of combat: guns firing, men yelling orders, screams, bones cracking, then finally, silence. Seems your buddies are dead."

How do you hear the shots and sounds of yourself and other demons in space?

Demons twist reality to instill fear.

why, in newer DOOM games or some other OG DOOM ports can you jump only a couple of feet, I get the double jump, but you should jump way higher?

His weight, as mentioned before. It would affect his jumping velocity.

shouldn't your sight be reduced by like an inch in DOOM 2, since you landed back on Earth?

I don't know.

why are the Mars stations so big? do you really need to make 100 square mile buildings?

Yes, the UAC were developing teleportation, weapons, and radioactive waste management. They would also need residences, offices, and other facilities in time.

Why does time not work? there are no days nor no nights. 

Most of the games take place over the course of a few hours. Alternatively, the demons manipulate the perception of time.

---

Here are my questions:

1. If a demon dies in Hell, where do they go?

2. Who put machine parts on some demons?

3. If Archviles resurrect demons, why do Revenants (described as made from dead demon) exist?

4. How did the Cyberdemon hang the Barons on the walls at the Tower of Babel? It can't go all the way inside and there are only Lost Souls around. Plus, the Cyberdemon is missing a hand.

5. Why does flipping a switch (in a dead-end room) at the end of one level leads to Doomguy being in front of a door in another level?

6. Does Doomguy drink each health potion he comes across?

7. If armor shards are miniature helmets, how does Doomguy apply them to himself?

21 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

5. Why does flipping a switch (in a dead-end room) at the end of one level leads to Doomguy being in front of a door in another level?

Elevator; either going down or up; Doomguy always ends up in front of a grey door, opens it and a new map begins. iD probably thought that would be too boring for players.

40 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

3. If Archviles resurrect demons, why do Revenants (described as made from dead demon) exist?

Maybe Revenants are resurrected Archviles.

😨
13 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

1. If a demon dies in Hell, where do they go?

2. Who put machine parts on some demons?

4. How did the Cyberdemon hang the Barons on the walls at the Tower of Babel? It can't go all the way inside and there are only Lost Souls around. Plus, the Cyberdemon is missing a hand.

6. Does Doomguy drink each health potion he comes across?

7. If armor shards are miniature helmets, how does Doomguy apply them to himself?

1. They are resurrected as lost souls in hell, if those die, they are resurrected as lost souls, or they are resurrected as Revenants or by Arch-viles.

2. other demons or zombies are programmed to do it

3. they are probably resurrected by Arch-viles, then given the armor.

4. The cyberdemon rocket launched the bodies to the spot, duh!

5. Self destruct, the explosion lands him somewhere else.

6. Yes, he is a drunk.

7. miniature head.