Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Tormentor667

[DeHackEd & Sprite] Problem

Hi guys,
I have a very important question concerning dehacked editing. Before I start: I use ZDoom 1.23 to play my stuff and Wintex/Zeth to produce it. For step 1, I have changed the spectre to yet another chaingunner by copying the attributes and also I have changed a bit on my SS Nazi to fit the sprites on step 2. My DeHacked main part looks like that:

Thing 11 (Chaingun Sargeant)
Bits = 205520902

Thing 14 (Chaingun Major)
ID # = 58
Initial frame = 406
Hit points = 210
First moving frame = 408
Alert sound = 37
Attack sound = 0
Injury frame = 420
Pain chance = 170
Pain sound = 27
Close attack frame = 0
Far attack frame = 416
Death frame = 422
Exploding frame = 429
Death sound = 60
Speed = 8
Width = 1310720
Mass = 100
Action sound = 75
Bits = 71303174
Respawn frame = 435

Thing 24 (Doom Trooper)
Hit points = 80
Alert sound = 37
Death sound = 59

(you could eventually copy this and test it on your own).

In the second step, I changed all the chaingunner x2, x3, x4, x6, x7 and x8 sprites to x2x8, x3x7 and x4x8 to save time and work when I create them. I did the same to the SS NAZI walking sprites and I also gave the SS NAZI new shooting/hurting sprites (also x2x8, x3x4 and x4x8 instead of x0 for all views). As far as I have testet everything, the sprites work without any problems. But now you may ask what my problem is, aren't you!? :) Well, the bad thing about this is, that you can't hear the shooting sound, if the ssnazi/new chaingunner fire. :( Indeed, they are shooting, you see blood, pullet puffs and your health runs out BUT no sound. I hope someone can help me to fix this problem because I'm really pissed off.
If you want me to, I can also upload the wad file with the sprites so you can test it 1:1

Yes, I tested it now again with my doom2.wad : The ss nazi has no shooting sound :( Does Randy already know that bug and is he going to fix it?!

Nevertheless, this still doesn't explain, y my new chaingunner doesn't shoot :( Also ZDoom?

I don't know anything at all about dehacked BUT is this right?

Attack sound = 0

Because that is what you have. If it isn't right, that could be your problem. Anyway, the SS Nazi uses the same sound effect as the shotgun.

Ultimate DooMer is correct. There is a Zdoom beta33 bug that makes the SS Guy silent. Adding the following to your SNDINFO lump should cure the problem:

wolfss/attack dsshotgn