Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Good-Old

Scary thing about "The Sky May Be" jokewad

Posted (edited)

After hours of killing demons I got tired and decided to have a laugh, so I downloaded and ran The Sky May Be, a jokewad I've heard of many times but never played. I really enjoyed it had a good laugh while playing, but then I noticed a "DO NOT OPEN" door which I thought would be the way to a room full of monsters. But that is entirely different from what happened. After opening the door,(it didn't open lol) I got the message "I TOLD YOU SO" and my PC froze. Yes, my PC froze, nothing worked. No sound, no response from the PC after pressing Alt + F4. No escape key, nothing. Just the message and the staus bar on screen. I had to force restart my PC to get it back working.

Did this happen to you?

If yes, how did you react to it?

Also, I will say it, the jokewad is pure gold and it is sad that there is no The Sky May Be 2 or any jokewad inspired from it. How is this from 1997?

Oh, thanks for remember me this amazing art is out there, i'm gonna check on it, i just finalized a megawad and i need some fresh air. This will be soo much fun.
If i stumble around the same glitch/bug/feature i will tell you. ;)

Also I forgot to mention the door was in E2M1.

I do think it's a feature; considering the fact that it's a jokewad and that it read "DO NOT OPEN". I guess I should start listening to warnings in jokewads. :D

I hope there aren't too many ways that malicious mappers can fuck with your hardware.

In the original version, that door does something that makes Doom crash and it kicks you back to DOS with a message "Told you so", whatever that pk3 version does seems worse...