Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mad Dal 85

More BS Errors from another weapon from Realm667

Question

And here's another error. FlakCannon!

Any ideas why? All I'm doing is copying everything over so it should be fine! It seems everything from Realm works fine on it's own, but not in a mod/wad! This is getting absolutely ridiculous now! 😡

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_2.png

8 answers to this question

Try removing line 1241 and leaving the duplicated line 1246. I don't know why it's there twice to begin with.

Also make sure the inherited actor FlakCannonBase exists in your file too.

It's not recognizing the Weapon properties because it's not seeing the actor as a weapon. I assume FlakCannonBase inherits from the Weapon class. If not, it needs to inherit from something that does.

https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:Weapon

If you don't have FlakCannonBase in your file, try changing it to Weapon.

I did. I even added 'Weapon' before the ED number. Still won't work. Some things I want to add to my mod but they won't work when I copy everything over. Seems to me that some things from Realm667 aren't made for mods and will only work on their own. 😔 

Of course, none of us will know how and/or  what you did when inserting the flakcannon into your pwad.

I just did exactly that, into a simple test pwad, and it worked without problem.

o3ibtxa.png

lWK3obJ.png

7 hours ago, Kappes Buur said:

Of course, none of us will know how and/or  what you did when inserting the flakcannon into your pwad.

I just did exactly that, into a simple test pwad, and it worked without problem.

o3ibtxa.png

lWK3obJ.png

I extract it from the flakcannon.wad and put it into my wad/mod. Just don't understand why it won't work in my mod. I don't touch or edit any of the files, I just insert an ED number if one isn't there.

On 4/27/2020 at 4:11 AM, Mad Dal 85 said:

Just don't understand why it won't work in my mod.

That is why it is always best to upload a pwad instead of just screenshots.

18 minutes ago, Kappes Buur said:

That is why it is always best to upload a pwad instead of just screenshots.

I really don't want upload my mod on a public forum for any Tom, Dick or Harry to snout through until I release it when it's eventually finished, which is why I screenshot the errors. There's a few bugs in it too which I know how to deal with myself. But the errors from weapons and other stuff that don't work, I'm just not gonna put them in my mod anymore. I'm sick of trying numerous times now to get them to work.