Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
invictius

Where does "Welcome to Ultra Progressive World, enjoy your stay" come from?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I've always interpreted it that Ling or one of the higher moderators roll their eyes at all the ultra-progressive posts in Everything Else (as they see it). As someone who had a pretty progressive upbringing (I wouldn't say ultra-progressive, though) I don't really notice ultra-progressive pots in the forum. Maybe the people in charge here are conservative? I've always sort of scratched my head at that heading. 

Share this post


Link to post

Afaik it was made after a certain post (2018? Dunno) by KobraKommando (i think???) criticized the forum for being "ultra progressive world".

 

Ling then changed the subtext to that subforum. Its an in-joke, Afaik.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Afaik it was made after a certain post (2018? Dunno) by KobraKommando (i think???) criticized the forum for being "ultra progressive world".

did ling change it because he thought it was accurate or did he change it as a coping mechanism because kobra was right?

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Teabλg_Johnson said:

did ling change it because he thought it was accurate or did he change it as a coping mechanism because kobra was right?

He changed it as a joke afaik.

 

Can't side with the given insinuation.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

I'm 99.99999% sure the quote came from Technician originally. Can't remember what it was in response to, but it was from just before the political shitstorm moratorium, I would guess late 2016. The quote was definitely applied to EE ironically because the ideas being called "ultra progressive" rarely ever were. In my opinion, anyway.

unless you consider "healthcare is a good idea" and "maybe don't hate transgender people for no reason" to be ultra-progressive concepts. I guess some people out there would.

Edited by Doomkid

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Doomworld isn't ultra progressive because they won't let me talk about napalming the suburbs, sinking cruise ships and shelling car factories with artillery. smh my head. 

 

Jokes aside, the real reason is that here on Doomworld you agree 100% with Bernie Sanders or some red-faced nerd is going to sputter angrily at you about how you're a fucking idiot and deserve the worst (and for the record I am very left myself, so I don't want You People getting on my case). 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Hellbent said:

I've always interpreted it that Ling or one of the higher moderators roll their eyes at all the ultra-progressive posts in Everything Else (as they see it). As someone who had a pretty progressive upbringing (I wouldn't say ultra-progressive, though) I don't really notice ultra-progressive pots in the forum. Maybe the people in charge here are conservative? I've always sort of scratched my head at that heading. 

Many of Linguica's posts I've read actually gave me the opposite impression, he seems like a relatively progressive guy.

 

4 hours ago, Doomkid said:

I'm 99.99999% sure the quote came from Technician originally. Can't remember what it was in response to, but it was from just before the political shitstorm moratorium, I would guess late 2016. The quote was definitely applied to EE ironically because the ideas being called "ultra progressive" rarely ever were. In my opinion, anyway.

 

Yeah, it was probably that. I have read some of Technician's posts before he was banned, and the dude was pretty crazy, to say the least...

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×