Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
maxmanium

Jittery pistol animation with DEHACKED centering

In my project, part of my dehacked patch makes the pistol perfectly accurate and changes the animation a little bit. In doing so I decided to auto-center it using the DEHACKED unused parameters. It works fine in every other source port, but in Eternity it's jittery and I can't figure out why. I attached a .wad with the patch in question so you can see what I'm talking about.

pstcentr.zip

It's because of interpolation. We'll see a solution to fix that. Your mod is fine, don't turn off interpolation.

I've fixed it. Try the next version coming up on https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/eternity/.

Normally weapons have smooth movement when changing offsets, and this can be seen when bobbing them around. Due to mods like yours not expecting this effect, I had to disable interpolation when "Unknown 1" / "Unknown 2" is used, but if you think in some cases it may look better with smooth movement, you can do it in EDF using either the "+/-interpolate" specifier when using frame/framedelta, or "offset(x, y, interpolate)" when using the Decorate state syntax.