Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DEMOn

Operating(this is a relative term) System?

What OS(s) do you have installed?
or a better way to put it: "What OS do you normally use?"

IMHO: Windows98 is the only way to fly for DOOM.

Win98 most of the time, WinXP other the times. I got WinXP free with my computer. I don't see a one reason why the 2000 is more better than the XP in any of way when XP is in this case free.

I just feel like talking this way.

Windows 98. I had installing Linux in mind, but I don't know what happened. (Nothing yet.) I do have an empty space of 6 gigs on my main HDD for it, though.

I use Windows XP. I like its stability (this is important to me), but find its lack of decent DOS support or emulation absurd (why??), and am glad that I have found ways to disable some of its more annoying features (it would be nice if they had a single option to "disable the useless crap the marketing department insisted on").

I have Office XP, but still prefer to use Office 97.

Win98 on everything but my laptop, which has WinXP Professional. Though I still miss Win 3.1 and MS-DOS 6.22. Might try Linux sometime in the future. Or partitioning a hard-drive and sticking Win 3.1 on my old computer again.

I hate XP and I have to live with it. If I was able to choose what OS I'd put on, I'd definitely choose win98SE, because I've never had problems with that when I used it.

i have XP, 2000 & 98

i use Win98SE because it runs my games w/out a lot of flak. plus it's ideal for DooM and it's source-ports... i can't part with MS-DOS! i CAN'T!!!

I had the choice between Windows 2000 and Windows 98. I chose 98 for the sole purpose of being able to use DCK and play DOS games.

Doom.

I use win98 and dos, like Ichor.

DooMBoy said:

Windows 98 Second Edition. And I'm happy with it. :)

Ditto for DOOM Anomaly. ...Though my puter does seem very unstable...hmmm..

I hardly have problems with Windows 98. It never crashes or freezes, just only sometimes freezes at startup or shutdown, not while running, but I keep it very lite on installed stuff. I've had worse installs in the past, though.

Windows 98 SE. It's fairly stable. I can't recall it ever freezing on startup, but sometimes it freeses at shutdown.

Internet Explorer has a tendency to close itself with an error message now and then though. No damage done, however.

Fredrik said:

Pfft, backwards people.

Damn proud of it too.