Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SynarchyBattleDoge

¿Its possible use custom textures with different color palette but without it?

I don't know if you understand me, but i want create a Minecraft map, just like Garry's Mod, the map gonna be to play deathmatch or invasion games, but when i try to import the textures in Slade if i colorize the pictures with the Doom Palette they look so very horrible, and if i just save them like Png and add to textures table, when i open Doom Builder X they look normal, but when i play the map they look harm, if the colors have changed.

Please help, i just want learn.

If your texture are in PNG, they will look normal in ports that have truecolor rendering. When truecolor rendering isn't used, the engine will have to force your PNGs into the game's palette, and yes that can make them ugly if the colors of the texture are very different from what the palette offers.

The mention of invasion games makes me think you're using Zandronum. In OpenGL mode it should display the textures just fine, in software mode it will force them into the palette.

On 4/27/2020 at 7:21 PM, Gez said:

If your texture are in PNG, they will look normal in ports that have truecolor rendering. When truecolor rendering isn't used, the engine will have to force your PNGs into the game's palette, and yes that can make them ugly if the colors of the texture are very different from what the palette offers.

The mention of invasion games makes me think you're using Zandronum. In OpenGL mode it should display the textures just fine, in software mode it will force them into the palette.

But what if want to do it to both engines, i really like Zandronum as Gzdoom, but i want made my things to both engines.

Both GZDoom and Zandronum have truecolor rendering. You don't need to convert to Doom Format if you are targeting those two engines.

2 hours ago, xvertigox said:

Both GZDoom and Zandronum have truecolor rendering. You don't need to convert to Doom Format if you are targeting those two engines.

But when i see it in Hardware Render it looks weird, and this is weird, because i use the hardware mode by lag