Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MAN_WITH_GUN

[Doom 2] Sin City - Speedmap in 5,5 hours or less.

Hi. . . AGAIN. Yeah, not so much time has passed since I posted my last speedmap. . . it's about 2 week, maybe.

It doesn’t matter, today the map will be 2 times larger than the previous one, given that it spent much more time on it. (Although I wanted to finish in 4 hours, yeah..)

Sin City

Welcome to the city captured by demons, where there is no morality and laws; where time goes against you and death pursues everywhere. Welcome to the SIN CITY.

Hell has surrounded this city, and only you and your guns can resurrect the law in this lawless world. Who knows what's the demons awaits you. . . you live only once, right?

Enjoy your Doomsday!

Map Info:

IWAD: Doom 2

Port: Limit-removing.

Bugs: This map had some misaligned textures and wrong textures.

Music: "Guardhouse" by Jimmy. (Other music from megawad "Hellbound")

Other: New palette.

Download: Sin_City.7z

Screenshots:

1.png.f1e7a49ae5958cd67e5893596e16f77d.png

2.png.14affc76fd5c74327567ea9cdb5c455e.png

3.png.692eb7d56111b2dbaaabc7a10bed6bb5.png

Edited by MAN_WITH_GUN

Cool, looking forward to play this, as I liked your last map. Hope I find the time soon!

46 minutes ago, Loomis said:

Cool, looking forward to play this, as I liked your last map. Hope I find the time soon!

Looking forward for it and hope you'll enjoy :V

By the way, seeing how good a road can be designed with the stock textures I wonder why the id guys didn't put a road into a map like Doom 2 map 13 "Downtown". It would have fitted well and made the map look more realistic (and less monotonous).

4 minutes ago, Loomis said:

By the way, seeing how good a road can be designed with the stock textures I wonder why the id guys didn't put a road into a map like Doom 2 map 13 "Downtown". It would have fitted well and made the map look more realistic (and less monotonous).

Don't know, don't care. I made a map inspired by the megawad 'HellBound' :P

1 hour ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Music: HellBound Map13 - Encrus station.

The track is called "Guardhouse" and was made by Jimmy, just adding some info since it is one of my favourites :P

5 minutes ago, Guardsoul said:

The track is called "Guardhouse" and was made by Jimmy, just adding some info :P

Thanks for original track name! I personally didn't know the original music name. I just assumed that the track was taken from Duke Nukem 3D or somewhere else. Well, I was wrong.

3 minutes ago, Deadwing said:

Really impressive, especially for a speedmap D:

Tbh not even impressive for me, I think for a map with 10 minutes of gameplay this is too much time spent. I mean come on, it's too weak for me, I have to train my speedmapping skills ("._.)

Now I played your map. The visuals are again great. You seem to have a very good knowledge which textures fit to each other. Building such a detailed map would not be possible otherwise, I think.

When you say 5.5 hours, did you plan your map or do a sketch before those 5.5 hours start or is all the planning included in that short time? I would have needed at least the fivefold of time.

7 hours ago, Loomis said:

Now I played your map. The visuals are again great. You seem to have a very good knowledge which textures fit to each other. Building such a detailed map would not be possible otherwise, I think.

When you say 5.5 hours, did you plan your map or do a sketch before those 5.5 hours start or is all the planning included in that short time? I would have needed at least the fivefold of time.

Glad you like it and thank you for the feedback!

About the "pre-prepared map plan": Well, if I already had a map plan already - I would definitely have managed to make a map in 4 hours, or maybe less. Most of the time it took me texturing itself, unlike anything else I do it slower.

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

LMFAO "Clipbag show"