Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
andrewj

Eureka News

Firstly, I'm glad to announce that a crash bug in 1.27 was fixed recently, and version 1.27b has been released which fixes it.  I suggest any Eureka users to install the new version.

Secondly, I'm even gladder to announce that Eureka now has a new sheriff, I have handed my badge over to @printz who will (time permitting) continue to develop it, and I am walking away from the project.  Thanks to everyone for your support over the years, and I wish printz lots of good fortune and happy coding on the project.

Good luck in your future stuff Andrew.

I'm glad that Eureka isn't dead!

@andrewj Thanks for all the work you've put in on Eureka and nothing but best wishes and good fortune for whatever your future holds!

@printz Congratulations and it's great news that someone will be maintaining and improving Eureka going forward.

Eureka rulz (and is my main editor) so I'm very pleased to know it's not being abandoned. Cheers to AJ Apted for his work so far and to printz for his work in the future!

it seems -lX11 is missing in the Makefile of the latest ver? is fltk-config supposed to include it automatically?

Edited by Angelwitch

5 hours ago, Angelwitch said:

it seems -lX11 is missing in the Makefile of the latest ver? is fltk-config supposed to include it automatically?

When I run fltk-config here with --ldflags, it does have -lX11 at the end.

What do you get when you run fltk-config --ldflags ?

And what operating system are you on?

On 4/30/2020 at 1:52 PM, dmdr said:

Eureka rulz (and is my main editor) so I'm very pleased to know it's not being abandoned. Cheers to AJ Apted for his work so far and to printz for his work in the future!

It's also my main editor (on Ubuntu) and it's great. It has its quirks but for the most part it can do what I want. I like the fact that for things like 3D floors and other geometry (steps or portals spring to mind) you need to manually construct them rather than rely on wizards. For me at least, that aids greatly with my learning of WTF is going on... 

I second the thanks to @andrewj and @printz for their hard work making a complex piece of software free for all to use.

fltk-config --ldflags returns "-lfltk". This is on Opensuse, Linux. I was unable to compile it without manually adding -lX11 to the Makefile. Seems like it's a distro specific issue? A little note regarding that would be a useful addition to the INSTALL.txt.

I would like to also share my thanks to the devs for their hard work on Eureka :) My primary editor has been SLADE but having multiple options on Linux is great :) What a wonderful community!

7 hours ago, Angelwitch said:

fltk-config --ldflags returns "-lfltk". This is on Opensuse, Linux. I was unable to compile it without manually adding -lX11 to the Makefile. Seems like it's a distro specific issue?

It might be a distro specific issue, I looked at their package for FLTK and they have modified the fltk-config script in their package, but I cannot say for sure if they "broke" the fltk-config script or not (there is no comments about why they modified the script).  But my feeling is that they did break it, at least for third party software (stuff they don't package themselves).

andrewj how can i get the miniwad iwad to work with eureka? when i try to make a new project using it i get this error message: That game is not supported (no definition file)

23 hours ago, permacucked said:

how can i get the miniwad iwad to work with eureka?

What is the miniwad iwad?  I have not heard of it before.

You can try using doom2 as the iwad and load the miniwad iwad as a resource wad (e.g. using -merge on the command line).

1 hour ago, andrewj said:

What is the miniwad iwad?  I have not heard of it before.

Probably this one: