RAVEN MIDI Pack project - COMPLETE.

On samedi 30 mai 2020 at 9:14 PM, Jimmy said:

EDIT: Here's "Deathwind".

Deathwind (2:14) 

I get an error message in raw XML.

<Error>
  <Code>AccessDenied</Code>
  <Message>Access denied.</Message>
  <Details>Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.</Details>
</Error>

vv thanks, that one worked vv

Edited by Gez

Hello,

Count me in for these two:

E5M9: Skein of D'sparil

E6M1: Raven's Lair

Is there any need for a menu or intermission or do these already have original tracks?

Thanks!

Hey Dial-up! Great to have you here. Added your claims.

I certainly won't stop anyone from composing their own title/inter tracks. In fact it might be a good idea to have at least a title track, in order to differentiate the soundtrack immediately from game startup. Have at it!

Thanks Darman! I went and checked out your previous Heretic-esque compositions and I'm thrilled to see another person with such a love for composing in the Schilder style. Will be excited to see what you come up with for this. :D

Your claim has been added!

AD_79 and I agreed on an arrangement where E5M3 is now my slot and E5M6 is now his, so I have finished this track for "Quay".

A bit progressive, slow to build up, then winds up quite explosive. Just under the 3:00 limit too. I'm happy with it but I think I need to be careful not to write in the Jimmy style any more than I already have here, lol.

Lighthouse (2:57)

And since it wasn't posted just yet, here is @mrgrimsdale and I's third collaborative effort for E4M1!

Clustafalque (2:35)

Both are great tracks; enjoyed listening to them. Not sure on the loop for Lighthouse but I imagine once in game the loop would feel fine. :)

Turbulence (1:45) for E5M2

edit: Just noticed the melody is almost identical to Jimmy's Ravine for E5M1! Not intentional I promise! (but funny all the same)

Edited by Eris Falling

I'd like to claim E6M3, "Serpentine Pillars"

EDIT: Here's the midi (2:34)

Inspired by E1M5, E2M3 and E2M9

Edited by Mikolah : Added midi

Perfect fit for E5M2, Eris, as to be expected. Thanks again!

And hot damn, @Mikolah! Great stuff from start to end. So many cool interweaving ideas. Consider it added!

I don't at all mind an overflow and would welcome any further tracks even if they don't have a specific slot. Feel free to finish this, Viscra! Deathly menacing and boss-fight-like. It could definitely prove useful... :)

I have added your track to the OP under "Unassigned".

Oh wow, the project goes really quick. Can't wait until the completion of the whole project. I really like the "Die for Parthoris" as a final track for a boss battle. The part from 0:55 to 1:34 really got me hooked.

@Viscra MaelstromJust use here to thank you for your musics for Akeldama. The track "Death" for Map21 is my absolute favorite in the whole set. I was a fan of your works since TNT:R. Also, I really like the way how you compose "Docked In" here since it was the same music of E1M1, and the "Liquidation" fits the room looks like a bath on E3M4 ;P

Brilliant work here on an extremely menacing track, Eris. Cheers!

@wolfmcbeard and @pcorf, are you still on for E3M7 and E4M3? Anything you might need help with?

10 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Brilliant work here on an extremely menacing track, Eris. Cheers!

@wolfmcbeard and @pcorf, are you still on for E3M7 and E4M3? Anything you might need help with?

I have been busy with family and other projects but will work on E4M3 when I am ready, maybe later this week. I aint perfect but I'll try my best to make it fantastic.

Oh wow! I was thinking about this idea just as something silly during my SotSR stream, and wasn't expecting it to be worked on so soon! I'm eager to hear all of these in game eventually.

I'm up for composing 1 or 2 tracks for this. If anyone wants to give up their claimed slot to me, let me know asap. Thanks.

@Jimmy just slow going, been taking my time with it on top of other stuff.
I'm still not sure about what little I have, so I may drop out if I can't spark on something further in a few days.
I never found that first file sadly.

@Dwars It was a good call! I actually had a completely different set in mind for the next MIDI Pack, and hadn't at all considered that one of the IWADs would be an interesting direction to take - of course Heretic is a great choice not just for the purpose of resolving the problem of duplicated tracks, but also to give the community some more great music in the vein of Schilder, of which there's definitely been a severe dearth. Thanks for spurring me on to do this. :)

@Peter Feel free to go ahead and compose a couple of tracks! I will add them to the MIDI Pack regardless of whether they wind up in a designated slot. I'm nice like that :)

@pcorf Thanks for the update. Don't wanna rush you or place the idea of perfection on a pedestal, mind!

@wolfmcbeard Thanks for the update - I would still be curious to see what you have and see if it can be made into something really cool through collaboration!

On 6/2/2020 at 9:31 PM, Jimmy said:

Here's a new piece that I've tentatively put in E5M8, but I could be persuaded to place it in some other slot.

The Last Guardians (2:32)

Can I just say I love this? It sounds like what might have happened if Mark Klem had a go at a Heretic track :)

I have whipped up a quick song for E4M3. It's a bit like Hexen MAP01, fast paced and tense with lots of strings and kettledrums.

Crushed Spirits (1:55)

1 hour ago, pcorf said:

I have whipped up a quick song for E4M3. It's a bit like Hexen MAP01, fast paced and tense with lots of strings and kettledrums.

What do you mean by "it ain't perfect"? It's perfect :P   My favorite part is from 0:28 to 0:56.

Generally I don't enjoy the mapping for E4, but with the new musics, my motivation for playing those maps is way higher.