Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BarabaszEnthusiast

What mod would you like to see/create for Doom Eternal if it had mod support?

I would like to see a Simpsons Mod.
It was the first Mod i've ever had and played and it would be some Tradicion, to have a modern Version on Doom Eternal :P

- Allow players to temporarily overload the Marauder's shield, rendering him more vulnerable.  (Think Doom Hunter.)

- Tie Extra Lives in to the checkpoint system.  (I don't understand why the game doesn't do this already.)

- Add rune mastery challenges back in.  (Why were they ever removed in the first place?)

I do have an idea of making an alternate campaign, but I won't go into many details until I've cleared my thinking up a little. The current working title is Project Liber but I also at least be done with my own project first!

On 5/7/2020 at 2:20 AM, KainXavier said:

- Add rune mastery challenges back in.  (Why were they ever removed in the first place?)

I could see the argument being made that having to load in an entire separate minigame just to get a passive ability slows the pacing down to a halt.

And while I didn't personally mind the challenges, I also don't mind just being able to simply equip runes in a level and getting right back to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, thought you meant the challenges you need to complete to unlock in the first place. Otherwise, I agree that rune mastery is a strange omission in Eternal. A couple extra seconds in Chrono Strike would be fantastic.

A perfect recreation of Doom 3's campaigns, complete with maps and monsters but not the Doom 3 marine or weapons, just to see how these maps can be exhilaratingly broken with the Slayer's improved mobility (ledge-climbing, double-jump, dash, no fall damage) and overpowered weapons.

Already experimenting with simple modding.

-Removed chainsaw autorefill

-Shotgun ammo pickup increased to 10 as the ammo model shows 10 shells in it. Starting ammo count increased to 24 - upgrade gives +6.

-Shotgun pop-rockets now cost 3 ammo.

-Assault rifle ammo pickup reduced to 16 as the ammo model contains only 16 bullets. Starting ammo count increased to 80 - upgrade gives +25.

Mods that I already use:

-Nicer Loot Drops FX.

-Gameplay overhaul.

But it all needs testing, I like it so far...)

On 5/1/2020 at 6:11 AM, qdash said:

Everyone knows how Bethesda hate the mods. I'm not a dreamer.

isn't releasing the source code eventually still the law of the land at id? Or did Zenimax change it

Releasing the source code is complicated by the many third-party middleware libraries used nowadays. The Doom source code just had DMX and they tasked Bernd Kreimeier with cleaning it out before release. You'd have to expurge all he "social" cruft (achievements and so on) as you remove the proprietary Xbox/PS/Switch/Steam/Beth.net things in there, as well as miscellaneous oddities. Look at all the dll that ship with the game; if you see things that make you go "wtf is this?" like "CChromaEditorLibrary.dll", then congrats, you've found an open source blocker.

Continue modding - shotgun and assault rifle damage slightly increased. Fists now deal damage, I set it to 35-45 - it takes 3 hits to stun a simple zombie, 4 or 5 to stun imp or soldier...it really compensates the ammo usage considering no chaisaw autorefill. Now I'm looking in to way of bringing back megasphere overdrive ability like in D16.

Also this)):

On 5/9/2020 at 7:48 PM, Mr. Impso said:

Hdoom eternal. 
yeah I said it and I mean it because I have no shame.

I read that in your avatar's voice. :D

On 5/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, TenthRingWanderer said:

I do have an idea of making an alternate campaign, but I won't go into many details until I've cleared my thinking up a little. The current working title is Project Liber but I also at least be done with my own project first!

Okay, I can just reveal that it'll take place several years after Doom Eternal, and would revisit the original religious and suspensful undertones of Doom. Just a heads-up, it's going to take an open-minded approach to the Doom mythos so don't send your mob after me.

44 minutes ago, Nevander said:

A mod to enable the Pistol without needing Cheat Engine.

Speaking of which, is this thing even useful or fun in its current state, or is it showing clear signs for why it was cut and left in the code as a hidden feature?

On 5/11/2020 at 2:09 PM, id.dav said:

Continue modding - shotgun and assault rifle damage slightly increased. Fists now deal damage, I set it to 35-45 - it takes 3 hits to stun a simple zombie, 4 or 5 to stun imp or soldier...it really compensates the ammo usage considering no chaisaw autorefill. Now I'm looking in to way of bringing back megasphere overdrive ability like in D16.

Also this)):

Is there any chance that your mods will be working with DRM free executable?

Classic Doom 4 Eternal.  Sprite weapons mimicking the original weapons' behavior.  Why?  To that I ask, "Why not?"