Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
loveless

casual demos

sometime in late march, i had decided to start recording demos.  started playing some new things as well as revisiting old wads. 

welp, here it is. 252 demos across 20 wads. 

i'm not even sure if this is the right place for this.  i didn't want to go and pollute the speed demos forum with my snails pace gallivanting. 

any of you recording fda/fun demos?  maybe post them here?  maybe we can all hang out(not literally) and watch demos?

lovelesscasualdemos.zip

I like this concept

╔═══════════════════════════╗

║  IOU one casual stardate20x6 demo  ║

╚═══════════════════════════╝

I'm enjoying your Plutonia 2 demos, good stuff. That spectre in map 14 though, first ran through a full SSG shot with its ghostly body and lived, then died and got resurrected, then swallowed a rocket like if it was a sausage, and lived again. Like, the empathy I felt there, you know.

2 minutes ago, loveless said:

@galileo31dos01 PL2 was a  J O U R N E Y.  that wad is no joke.

The JOURNEY is not Plutonia 2 though :P (oops, sorry for the lame joke)

I am playing quite a lot of old MegaWADs recently, so probably Plutonia 2 could be my next choice. I'm kind of worried about WADs from 200X to 2010 because they feel strange to me. Playing 90s WAD, I probably will lower my expectation a bit since you know, 90s. 200X WADs are kind of a transition that it feels not as clear as 201X WADs, and they kept quite a bit of 90s feeling (or even some strange mapping habits from the 90s).

I played AV, Scythe and Epic 2 recently. I like AV the most in the set, but it's still in a weird position that I don't know how I feel about it.

Pre-2010 differences is a definite feeling I noticed.  It's like there's eras that come and go with how on the nose particular mapping tropes can be.

I'm sure you'll have a good time with Plutonia 2 @GarrettChan

3 minutes ago, loveless said:

Pre-2010 differences is a definite feeling I noticed.  It's like there's eras that come and go with how on the nose particular mapping tropes can be.

I'm sure you'll have a good time with Plutonia 2 @GarrettChan

Yeah, I'll definitely try it. Also, Plutonium Winds could be another choice for me. Have you played PRCP? How do you feel about that?

Haven't played PRCP!  I've asked many people about feelings toward PL2/PRCP and it seemed 50/50 good or bad either way.  Picking which one to play eventually fell to a whim.

2000-2005 wads have a particular style of overdetailing imo, particularly seen in CC3 and a few maps in community wads (PL2-27 and AV21, I think). It was sort of like people got really into border sectors and tiny thin pillars, but were still heavily using bad iwad textures for some reason. It sort of forms an uncanny valley of mapping style, in retrospect.

10 hours ago, Grain of Salt said:

2000-2005 wads have a particular style of overdetailing imo, particularly seen in CC3 and a few maps in community wads (PL2-27 and AV21, I think). It was sort of like people got really into border sectors and tiny thin pillars, but were still heavily using bad iwad textures for some reason. It sort of forms an uncanny valley of mapping style, in retrospect.

Something I'll be mindful of when playing older wads.  I have a tendency to fixate on combat and its trends.