Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Austerity | Remaster | v3.0 released

Thanks kindly for the words :) More remasters will happen in the future but I have no idea if I find the time to continue creating new stuff like that from scratch. Before, some other projects need to be finished - like Blade of Agony

Just come across a bug, one of the demon's death animation, the demon simply disappears and leaves a second arm it seems to happen at random.

Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic. A very worthy update! Just a question, is the ZDoom Community Map Projects getting the same treatment?

Edited by Salahmander2

Made a let's play of Austerity as well today. Or okay, started it anyway, it was longer than expected lol. Part 1 is here - sorry for linking to it rather than posting it, but with Twitch's yesterday overhaul it looks like they've broken video embedding, everytime I post it the video just craps out as a result. And yes it's the real remaster this time, unlike TCOTD.

I've ended up enjoying this even more than Sapphire, which I already loved as it was. The palette, the atmosphere, the combat, the level design, and the music, it all just clicks the right buttons in my book :) . So much so I actually can't think of anything I dislike, which says something I guess :p . Okay x2, apart from the fact that it seems to suffer from the same issue Sapphire did, the weapons are too close to the screen again, as if they ignore the status bar completely. With the transparent version of it it's not a big deal, but with it fully opaque it looks kinda dumb. Hope y'all have a good time watching this, like I had playing it.

Thanks kindly for that experience, just showcased your stream on the Realm667 :)

On 6/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, Salahmander2 said:

Other than that, it's absolutely fantastic. A very worthy update! Just a question, is the ZDoom Community Map Projects getting the same treatment?

Definitely :)

1 hour ago, Tormentor667 said:

Thanks kindly for that experience, just showcased your stream on the Realm667 :)

Noice, just seen the post :D .

I hope everyone will have as much fun watching my let's play as I did playing Austerity.

Actually rediscovered Austerity thanks to a friend, who played my weapon mod on the mapset.  Once I saw effects were present that weren't previously there, I knew Torm was back in action. :D

This game is gorgeous, and I like that it's only 3 levels, but these levels are just too long.  There is some good variance in the second and third levels (the third level was great) but if they were half as long, they would be just as good.  I'd love to see a lush, foresty level.  Or maybe something akin to the Forest Temple in Zelda:OOT.  Just an idea.  Excellent architecture on this.  Good atmosphere, too.

Well, while the code has not been done originally by me but Nash for TCOTD2, warnings happen under 4.3.3 indeed and only from Austerity (since the devbuild of Sapphire didn't need torches and got removed after, it simply needs to be updated), but then everything works fine under most recent 4.4.2 for example. Is it related by something where warnings are not enabled for these kind of issues on 4.4.2, and instead they were enabled on 4.3.3?

Screenshots