Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MeetyourUnmaker

Thoughts on Ministry (the band)?

Your link is broken, but I'm a longtime fan.  KInda wish Al would go back to the grittier Pslam 69 era sound lately though.

On 5/2/2020 at 12:56 PM, StevieWolfe said:

Your link is broken, but I'm a longtime fan.  KInda wish Al would go back to the grittier Pslam 69 era sound lately though.

Idk what you mean this still sounds great

I'm a zoomer so I might feel less nostalgic but some of these newer tracks are some of their best along side some older one imo.

I'm probably one of the few who really enjoys their first album, which is unlike the rest, With Sympathy (1983).

With that said, I really love the song Scarecrow though.

I really like his early stuff pre-psalm (though that has good tracks as well). 

If any of you really like Ministry you'll also like their fellow record label bands.  Wax Trax in general has some incredible artists, My life with the Thrill Kill Kult, Ministry, KMFDM, Front 242, etc. Just to name a few.

They're ok, their songs seem to be rather repetitive and they end up dragging on. Really the only song I can remember right off the bat is Lava and Thieves. KMFDM is one of my favorite bands though, and Thrill Kill Kult is pretty good.

I suppose I should probably listen to more of their music to get a better opinion; but for the most part it's just kind of... subdued. And when I listen to industrial I want a frontal assault on the seven senses.

Ministry is one of the bestest bands in the world! I have all the albums on CD, several collections / box sets and singles, and I love it ALL! Been a fan for over 25 years now! Looking forward to new album(s) by Ministry and hopefully Revolting Cocks.

I liked pretty much all of their stuff and most of Al's sideprojects up until Last Sucker. Most of their albums after that have been kind of unbearable to me.