Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
  • 0
Mad Dal 85

Grell Issues

Question

I get this error, and when I check the decorate and everything else, it is 4 characters. Help please?

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_3.png

Share this post


Link to post

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
Posted (edited)

Don't worry answering. I just removed Grell and it's working fine. Another load of BS from Realm667 that don't work! 

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

The main issue is that you have no idea what you're doing and are also resistant to learning. Yes, there's an error in the DECORATE, but if you'd bother to try to understand what you're copy'n'pasting together from all over the place you could easily fix the error. Instead you're just complaining.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
On 5/2/2020 at 7:34 PM, boris said:

The main issue is that you have no idea what you're doing and are also resistant to learning. Yes, there's an error in the DECORATE, but if you'd bother to try to understand what you're copy'n'pasting together from all over the place you could easily fix the error. Instead you're just complaining.

You was once like me, new to the whole thing and didn't have a clue. Or did you conveniently forget that? Unless you want to tell me what is wrong with the decorate line or give me some good advice, take your useless comments elsewhere! We are all beginners to something new. Don't ever forget that! I've tried everything that I can possibly think of! We're not all as smart as you!

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)

I'm pretty sure anything that isn't a rotation needs to be FVULx0 where x is your frame letter. In other words, always 0 unless it's a rotation frame.

Edited by Nevander

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)

As I always say: The WIKI is your friend ™

 

FlxIVIT.png

 

The 1 refers to a sprite such as a decoration.

As in artifacts, vegetation, light standards, etc.

Anything which does not 'move'.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0

I took a look at the Grell's DECORATE code - it appears as though there's an unnecessary semicolon at the end of that line. Removing that should do the trick.

 

Odd how GZDoom complains about the sprite name rather than the actual problem at hand.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, MFG38 said:

I took a look at the Grell's DECORATE code - it appears as though there's an unnecessary semicolon at the end of that line. Removing that should do the trick.

 

Odd how GZDoom complains about the sprite name rather than the actual problem at hand.

 

The issue is that GZDoom doesn't look at lines at all in a DECORATE lump - it just reads a string of characters with no line breaks at all.  If it reached the logical end of a line, then a ";" placed afterwards, it would be interpreted as being the beginning of the next line.  So that's why the error complains about the sprite name, because it's reading ";FVUL" as the name.

 

@Mad Dal 85 Can you post a screenshot of the entire code, not cutting it off on the right hand side?  I'd like to have a look at it too.

Share this post


Link to post
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Bauul said:

The issue is that GZDoom doesn't look at lines at all in a DECORATE lump - it just reads a string of characters with no line breaks at all.  If it reached the logical end of a line, then a ";" placed afterwards, it would be interpreted as being the beginning of the next line.  So that's why the error complains about the sprite name, because it's reading ";FVUL" as the name.

 

Right, that makes sense.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×