Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Old-Doomguy

Gzdoom pistol start?

I'm just wondering how I enable pistol start in gzdoom. Haven't found an option for it. 

Bonus question : do you enjoy pistol start in iwads and pwads? Always or sometimes or never?

There's no option to force pistol starts in Gzdoom (which I think would be nice, but alas). Instead, you can IDCLEVxx to a map after you start it to reset your inventory and whatnot.

12 minutes ago, Spie812 said:

There's no option to force pistol starts in Gzdoom (which I think would be nice, but alas). Instead, you can IDCLEVxx to a map after you start it to reset your inventory and whatnot.

Okay, thanks man. Yeah, that's the way I've been doing it - just thought there was a more convenient way. 

@m8f made an excellent mod for GZDoom that does exactly what you're after Old-Doomguy; see "IDCLEVer Starter" from this thread:

Posted (edited)

You can bind a key to the console command "map *", which pistol starts the map you're on. In the console, I entered: 

bind Home "map *"

59 minutes ago, Old-Doomguy said:

Bonus question : do you enjoy pistol start in iwads and pwads? Always or sometimes or never?

Yes and almost always.

41 minutes ago, Old-Doomguy said:

just thought there was a more convenient way. 

It is more convenient to disable autosaving and then deleting every savegame. You can find autosaving in the miscellaneous options if I remember correctly.