Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chip

What game should be FPSed?

I know the original "Space Hulk" (DOS, 1993) is a sort of a FPS, it has a first-person element,  but it would be ballin' to make it a actual Doom-like FPS, perhaps way slower than Doom, but definitely more control and handling on the "personal" side of it.

1 hour ago, Senor500 said:

Ah damn I had forgotten that one! Well he should make the FPS sequel now.

guess what. if you search up polybius, only the Urban Legend comes up, not the actual game!

21 hours ago, Era Di Cate said:

I know the original "Space Hulk" (DOS, 1993) is a sort of a FPS, it has a first-person element,  but it would be ballin' to make it a actual Doom-like FPS, perhaps way slower than Doom, but definitely more control and handling on the "personal" side of it.

There's this hidden doom mod from 1995, if you are interested:

https://www.wad-archive.com/wad/Space-Hulk-DOOM

Played only a little of E1M1, but looks cool.

12 hours ago, LiT_gam3r said:

Any 70's games, like Atari or sumpn? 

Did you know that I had the idea of a Atari style FPS too?

Vice: Project Doom. A true hidden gem of the NES. I mean, it already has a few first-person stages, kind of...

Would be interesting to see Contra and Metal Slug translated into First-person shooters.

I wonder if anybody can transform Full Tilt Pinball 1 & 2's pinball tables into actual maps for DOOM II.

Here's the screenshots to these tables:

1019178332_AlienDaze.gif.2dd7c295ff6db2d480becd34aba4bc04.gif

1920464777_CaptainHero.gif.69a29b0bdbbde5097648b180188916e3.gif

386360454_MadScientist.gif.a48cc9e11591cae9081d8f2ac348e5ba.gif

1156140374_DragonsKeep.png.39ea279bbd5d238881afa4db3f5411fe.png

Skullduggery.png.3de572921df56efe964e468c53d9130b.png

795131380_SpaceCadet.png.c15ccf0236b64d087d56a7af24c6fbc4.png

If your a professional DOOM mapper, I would be happy to see these pinball tables recreated as a DOOM wad.

1 hour ago, Wadmodder RiderPùdu said:

If your a professional DOOM mapper

I doubt such a thing as a professional DOOM mapper exists in this day and age.

I think that an atari climber game could be interesting, sort of a FPS Donkey Kong.

also, this is my 400th post!

Alien Breed. I know there's Alien Breed 3D I & II, but they play out more like knockoff Doom clones than a true Alien Breed FPS.

Hotline Miami was from 2012 but I was thinking of making it into a Doom mod when I'm done the WAD I'm working on.

Fracas - This could make a great third-person/first-person hybrid thing where it mixes elements from Rogue-Lites, dungeon crawlers and a multiplayer combat game. The co-op mode would be great.

Abuse - What I remember Bungie published the Mac port, so Halo could be Abuse in disguise. Just don't release it at the same time as an AVP game.

Touhou - It's probably been done before but they need an actual licensed Touhou first person shooter. I'm no good at these games but maybe in first person I can get further.

Gauntlet - I know it's been mentioned above but Gauntlet would make a great action adventure first-person shooter. It should be complete with a hub level and skeleton piles and portals that continually spawn monsters. This would make a great Doom mod too.

Typing games - Amongst defeating demons and exploring dungeons the player would have to type crap load of words to solve puzzles, open chests, pick locks and find secrets. It would be cool but it might drive a lot of people nuts.