Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lobo

M.E.G.A. Project: Making EDGE Get Active

Feel free to mirror this on Doomshack since having to rely on MediaFire is a pain in the butt, mainly due to ads: https://doomshack.org/upload.php

I think this is a cool project, and I find the original name to be hilarious, but this new name is probably better for the long game.

Despite agreeing with all Steve said about Trump, I once released a wad (powergun) with the subtitle "Make Slaughtermaps Great Again" just as a joke. I just thought it was funny to use Trump's Reagan's bullshit campaign slogan mainly because saying "Make X Great Again" implies that whatever X is sucks balls right now. Whenever I see someone using a variant of that slogan, I always assume they're doing so mockingly.

9 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Feel free to mirror this on Doomshack since having to rely on MediaFire is a pain in the butt, mainly due to ads: https://doomshack.org/upload.php

I think this is a cool project, and I find the original name to be hilarious, but this new name is probably better for the long game.

Reveal hidden contents

Wow thanks man! Been out of the loop a long time and had no idea sites like yours existed.

Small update to DoomPAL to add pk3 and pk7 files to the list of add-ons. Also fixed a mistake whereby MiniLauncher was not using any personalized images for the Background or Button.

BTW, if anyone wants to add commands specific to their favorite source port, you can make your own, using say "/dpal_data/EDGE32.XML" as a template.

Make a copy, rename it to "YOURSOURCEPORT.XML"(where YOURSOURCEPORT is the name of the *.exe of your port), and open it up in a text editor to have a look: It's pretty well commented.

If you want to send me the new config I can add it to future versions so everyone else can use it too.

Edited by Lobo

How did I miss this?

Great to see you again @Lobo. I had to double check the dates on this thread :D

Hopefully this will encourage us to get EDGE 2.1.0 cleaned up and released. 

Might channel you for some port-side integration since we still don’t have any form of a launcher or GUI, apart from a short-lived autoexec type file..

Hey hey! Long time no see.

Yeah I can wip up a GUI launcher no prob. Something like the one in MEGA perhaps?

Another small update to DoomPAL to recognise .epk files.

Also, I have handled the new EDGE.exe as if it were the old one so that it shows the same "Advanced" tab options.

Another updated config file for DoomBuilderX 2019.1:

Edge_linedefs.cfg needs to be placed in \doombuilderx-2019.1\Configurations\Includes\

Edge_linedefs.cfg has been updated to show the new/changed line types for EDGE 1.35.

EMUS v2 released. Grab it from my site.

Specific thread about it here with screenshots: 

So right now Lobo, CJ and I are probably the most prominent scientists working on this port from the modder/user end - that being said, this project (3dge 64) has been in the works for almost 5 years. But with Emus, DoomPAL and these Doom Builder extensions, the process can be far more streamlined. There has been more progress that can be shown, but here is an old screenshot. I do have a 3 level TC updated for edge 2.1 for download, and there are some single player levels and a Hexen styled game Ceejay and I collaborated on, with me on the level side of things. If youd like to see them,  let me know. There should be a 2020 release for everything mentioned

emckr1K.png

KRAckAo.png

11 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Astral Pathfinder for EDGE rocks.

Nice to see another DOOM-related blog still use Blogger. Shame it hasn't been updated for a long time. :(

New version of DoomPAL uploaded. Introducing a visual style called "Boring mode" which removes all the fancy images: for those NSFW moments 😂

New version of EMUS also uploaded, mainly bug fixes.

Just grabbed the newest DoomPAL; any way to make it support folder names with space or it's not a fixable thing?

What port were you loading? 

Edited by Lobo

40 minutes ago, InDOOMnesia said:

Just grabbed the newest DoomPAL; any way to make it support folder names with space or it's not a fixable thing?

Should be enough to tick the checkbox that says "Use quotes with filenames".

What port were you loading? I can add it as default the next update.

10 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Should be enough to tick the checkbox that says "Use quotes with filenames".

What port were you loading? I can add it as default the next update.

Latest SVN build of EDGE.

Ok. I just made that checkbox be ticked as the default option from now on.

I assumed it worked for you after you ticked it and saved?

3DGE Portal is for EVERYONE: not just one persons releases but mere contributions from the EDGE community. There are plans to use it as a platform to promote mods like Duke It Out, QDOOM, Astral Pathfinder Season 2, Heathen(HexenDoom), sLave (when its done) and many many others. Blogger is simple and straightforward so thats why it was chosen. There will be updates.... just need maps mods and ideas submittes via email ;)

Just released a WIP of my old Robotech TC. Pretty much the same as it was 13 years ago, but patched up to run on more modern versions of EDGE.

Also has a shiny new HUD.

More info and screenshots here:

https://www.tdgmods.net/smf/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3210

Seriously thinking about at least polishing it up a bit, though I would prefer to dedicate my time to my other TC.

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Final WIP of Robotech FirstGen released.

Great! I'm gonna celebrate the moment the legacy version is released as the return of EDGE. Hyperbolic, I know, but still.

EDGE is Getting Active ;)

Been a few releases of EDGE stuff the last month, including updated versions of:

• Duke it out in Doom.
  • Heathen.
  • Damned.
  • Robotech Firstgen.

Here's a post with links to them: https://www.tdgmods.net/smf/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=3203

And a completely revamped version of Operation: Artic Wolf is about to drop any time now.

By the way, a new version of EDGE came out in August, not sure if it was mentioned anywhere: https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/3dge/