Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
white dragon

Double-Danger (single level for doom 2)

Single level for doom 2, and my first wad im posting online. just a simple si-fi map.

im not a very good mapmaker (or wadmaker) so i just made this to try and improve my level design and test some ideas and simple scripting like spawning monsters and changing the in-game music.

Im also not very good at balancing map dificulties, but like i said: im trying to improve.

Spoiler

Fun-fact: i called this wad "Double-Danger" because once i finished making this map i noticed that the demons in here 

almost always attack in pairs.

-freelook allowed.

-no jumping.

-hurt me plenty or Ultra-Violence difficulty for more fun (obiviously).

-tested on gzdoom.

-200 monsters.

ATTENTION!

-for some reason some scripts will not work depending on the mod you are using (mods that change gameplay like brutal doom, metadoom, etc.) and i really dont know why.

Downloadhttp://www.mediafire.com/file/jmiyhcoct9cf3f7/Double-Danger_wad.rar/file

music used in this wad: Pantera - Cowboys From Hell, Megadeth - Holy Wars... The Punishment Due 

-feel free to criticize anything you don't like on my map so I can improve next time :)

have fun! (and sorry for my bad english)

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_180907.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_180950.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_181246.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200502_181619.png

I didn't forget your map, I just can't find time for anything at the moment, sorry...

9 hours ago, Loomis said:

I didn't forget your map, I just can't find time for anything at the moment, sorry...

its ok man dont worry, 

do whatever you have to do first so you can play my map later with your mind free of worries ;)

Hi @white dragon now I played your map.

I really liked it. The architecture looks cool and has a lot of detail, and I liked how the difficulty steadily increased from easy to demanding. Well done!

What could be improved though is the texture alignment. In some cases it looks bad, which spoils the good architecture a bit:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20200507_175148.png.b2ea6aff523797aa0ad6e610a581e77b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200507_173922.png.36af80e2da8e17f1fde82374bf6eefbe.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200507_103911.png.cfbfa703fdfcc659f6d7210956d5017b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200507_103554.png.1aecae923573c878d9f77370a403faa1.png

I couldn't find the second secret. I had a look in the WAD and there are two TEXTMAP entries. I'm no expert in UDMF format, but is this intentional? One of them has two secrets (sectors 1533 and 1821), one has only the secret in sector 1533. So I suspect there is something wrong.

6 hours ago, Loomis said:

"I couldn't find the second secret. I had a look in the WAD and there are two TEXTMAP entries. I'm no expert in UDMF format, but is this intentional? One of them has two secrets (sectors 1533 and 1821), one has only the secret in sector 1533. So I suspect there is something wrong."

it was not. it seems that when i was using slade to add the custom songs, somehow i put a second version of the map along with the first. im so dumb :p

I'll see if I fix these problems later. thank you :D

Edited by white dragon