Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
WH-Wilou84

MIDI file crashes Chocorenderlimits

Hello there,

I'd like to use the attached MIDI file (Unreal Tournament - Run) as the music for a map I'm working on, and I'm having some trouble with it.
It works fine with PrBoom-plus, but when I try to load it with Chocorenderlimits, the game instantly crashes without any report or log entry.

I've tried converting the MIDI file to MUS, to no avail : the output of midi2mus.exe is an empty file.

I suppose the MIDI is corrupted or something, and since I'm no expert, I don't know what to do.

Do you guys have any idea about what could be wrong with this file ?
Thanks in advance for your help :)

Unreal Tournament - Run.zip

Looking at the file size, it's almost certainly too big for Vanilla\Chocolate. midi2mus probably won't work because it has a limit. You can try midi3mus, which is a windows equivalent that isn't as limited. There's no guarantee it will sound as good, but most of the time I've had good results.

16 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Looking at the file size, it's almost certainly too big for Vanilla\Chocolate. midi2mus probably won't work because it has a limit. You can try midi3mus, which is a windows equivalent that isn't as limited. There's no guarantee it will sound as good, but most of the time I've had good results.

Thanks, well yeah midi3mus actually gave me an empty file (midi2mus doesn't work on my 64-bit system).

Yeah, I suppose the file is too large then.
That's too bad.

So, the problem is that there's way too many tracks -- it's just too complex. I'm not a musician, but I did what I could to get this down to a format convertible to .mus. This will definitely sound different and not as good, but maybe it will suit your needs. I tried to rid the instruments I felt had the least impact, if that makes any sense. Give it a try.

run.zip

Thanks a bunch for that !
Reading your post, I expected a heavily butchered version of the tune, but it's actually real close to the original - and it doesn't crash anymore. ;)

I'll make sure to credit you when the wad gets released, haha.

Thanks again !