• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ttvtomatotom

Some mod told me about dw [interpretative dance]

2 hours ago, ttvtomatotom said:

Sigil ITYTD 11:09

Please don't use *.rar files, and include a proper category of your run, and include a text file for your run. You can refer the sticky top posts, or even runs posted by others.

I got told by the mod to post it here so it can be accepted as a World Record thank you! And a text file wasn't needed. And this is a sigil topic so its fine lol

Please include a text file with your *zip* file. Don't you want it to at least identify you as the author? Take another player's example for the contents. It also needs to say the source port you used. Also, we don't count skill 1 as a standard category, so your demo would go into the "Other" section, fyi.

Whew, you don't need to make multiple posts every time, there is an edit button. I'm honestly having a hard time following your posts right now.

If the demo is not meant for DSDA, please specify that in the post. This forum is not associated with speedrun.com. I would either way suggest that you post the demos according to the conventions in this forum (i.e., including a textfile, category, and using the ZIP file format instead of RAR). Additionally, I would suggest following demo/zip naming conventions (in this case, your file would be called sige1it1109.zip).

again, I'm new to this and I got suggested to post it in doomworld so it can be accepted in sr.com. I never use doomworld so sorry for the mess and pc isn't mainly the port I run.

Is srcom using the dw forums as a cloud drive now? 🤦‍♂️

Happy to see demos here but then please follow the standards as the others have mentioned, as it helps everyone know more about your run (in the short and long term).

Doomworld is in no way affiliated to sr.com, you don't have to post anything here.

1 hour ago, ttvtomatotom said:

post it somewhere else if you gonna say that to me lol

What the hell kind of response is that?

GarrettChan's demo is in the right place, and they're right: you do need to post as a .zip, and not as a .rar, and you do need to add a text file some information about your run...

9 minutes ago, ttvtomatotom said:

again, I'm new to this and I got suggested to post it in doomworld so it can be accepted in sr.com. I never use doomworld so sorry for the mess. 

So...

1. DoomWorld and SR.com are not affiliated. Posting your run here does fuckall with regards to SR.com. If you want your run over there, post it there.

2. If you want your run on the DSDArchive (which is not SR.com), post it here, as a .zip, with a txt included, otherwise it won't be accepted.

3. Nobody here cares about YT videos in the sense that those may or may not serve to identify you as the author of a demo. So it's demo + txt, or no deal.

4. Before "spamming responses", maybe familiarize yourself with the forum software, or reach out to people in a different way, such as discord. These threads are mostly for sharing demos, and not for discussing the virtues of including txts, using zip instead of rar, or whether tea is better than coffee.

5. If you need to link a demo file for SR.com-validation, use something like GoogleDrive. Doomworld is not meant to be a filehosting platform.

again, I got told to only post the demo to doomworld and i'm new to this website. and my run get rejected without posting a link to the demo and told to do it in here. I had no guidance of how to. 

1 minute ago, ttvtomatotom said:

well I got told to do so by the mod

Judging by your blooming intellect, you probably just didn't fully comprehend what you were told.

1 hour ago, ttvtomatotom said:

post it somewhere else if you gonna say that to me lol

With that sort of attitude, you're not gonna be very welcome here, bro.

I did what I got told to do. The mod said to post the demo (just said the demo nothing else) to doomworld so it can be accepted. Next time I will use onedrive so no one will get bobbed by my forum. I don't wanna repeat myself again. But thanks for the help!

Edited by ttvtomatotom

Well, basically I got shat on because I told somebody to follow the rules, politely (sort of). I don't understand why this would be a thing because I've seen so many people just came in and followed the rules without any problem (of course, there are so not-so-obvious rules as exceptions), but well, I guess it happens from time to time.

I really don't want to say this, so don't look unless you're fine with this.

Spoiler

"I did what I told" is the dumbest reason as a thing to counter somebody saying "follow the rule". If somebody told you to hurt yourself or even kill yourself, you will do it? Don't be ridiculous.

39 minutes ago, GarrettChan said:

Well, basically I got shat on because I told somebody to follow the rules, politely (sort of). I don't understand why this would be a thing because I've seen so many people just came in and followed the rules without any problem (of course, there are so not-so-obvious rules as exceptions), but well, I guess it happens from time to time.

I really don't want to say this, so don't look unless you're fine with this.

Hide contents

"I did what I told" is the dumbest reason as a thing to counter somebody saying "follow the rule". If somebody told you to hurt yourself or even kill yourself, you will do it? Don't be ridiculous.

that's going too far. I asked how can it be accepted, I got told how and I did it. The ridiculous thing is the mod telling me the wrong way to do it. Lets just forget about this now that I now understand this website now okay :) clearly no one understands what i'm seeing. But thank you to anyone else who kindly helped me!

Welcome to the speed demo forum. We don't use the rar compression here, because it's a proprietary format and because zip makes for a better free standard. You should also attach a text file with information about you and your run in said zip archive. Then the demo will be identifiable if people download it and find it years later.

That said, posting here just means the run might get accepted to DSDA. We are not affiliated with speedrun.com and posting demos here is not a prerequisite to whatever acceptance there. In any case, please listen to others when they explain forum etiquette, it will lead to better and less snippy relations.

Sincerely, a mod.

Thank you for the welcome. There has been a misunderstanding from me. Therefore I apologise for the unacceptable behaviour in this case. I now understand the forums of doomworld and what it is for. I don't wanna start my dw reputation bad so I would like to clear things up. I know the rules and the expectations for this community. I have reacted very poorly. I've learnt how to post demos and I may post some in the future (in the correct way). I appreciate the help from before, however I was rude and that won't happen again. Thank you for informing me. Now that I know this knowledge, you won't see this type of behaviour from me again. Just wanna start off fresh.   

Also this was in the Sigil topic. I don't know how this changed because I did not create this topic. 

Edited by TomatoTom