Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
instagib

brutal doom?

Nay. More generally, not interested in gameplay-altering mods generally unless the maps were made with the mod in mind

i would say ja to some parts but most parts i hate such as the voice lines that are louder than a police car siren

Honestly Meatgrinder is more of what I'd want out of a small Brutal Doom, but it's point is to make you OP so...

Brutal doom is a very enjoyable mod, but after a while the over the top blood and effects become stale. Enjoyable for small blasts, but not one I can play for any significant amount of time.

Brutal Doom and Project Brutality are good for bringing neophytes to the community.

Nein. Now, to explain...

Granted, Romero has said that he and Carmack have joked about what it would have been like if they had released something like Brutal Doom back in 1993. So take from that what you will about whether they like Brutal Doom or just like to laugh about what all the people that hated Doom in 1993 would have done had 1993 Doom been as over-the-top and bloody as Brutal Doom.

That all being said, if you like it, go ahead and play it. Personally, it doesn't appeal to me. I can appreciate some of the new dynamics that it adds to the game, but, overall, it's not my particular cup of tea. I think Doom is good enough as it is without the gratuitous additional gore, crotch kicking, taunting, fatalities, and so on.

BOOOOI, BRUTAL DRUM!!!!!!1111 REAP AND TEA, GRIP AND TEAM, DRIP AND EAR, SWEAT AND MEAL

Slightly more ja than nein. Because of the performance problems and balance breaking, in both sides for player and against player. On the opposite side it increase pacing slightly and remove useless pistol (and thats for good, because Doom dont have Blood like weapon balance).

I don't mind it once in a while for a change but I find it a little tiresome after a few minutes.  I'm old and BD feels like a teenager's fever dream.  These days I like my Doom with a couple of small tweaks not so much a total shake up.  Kinda like classic Doom is a fine vintage port (old person's drink) whereas BD is a Jaeger Bomb ("Friday Night!!!". :P

Brutal Doom's ripped assets are of better quality than this thread.

With that said, Yes, under conditions.

But Brutal Doom isn't the end-all, be-all mod that many users (Who usually only know Doom through BD) think it is.

Doom is a magnificent universe. Why stick focussing on one popular corner of the city street when you still have the whole country left to explore?

Brutal DooM is a decent gun style mod but not only does it lose its originality after about 1-2 hours of play but I kinda wanna say it's what sparked the whole "RIP AND TEAR" meme. :l