Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
slowtorturepukechamber

thoughts on Thy Flesh Consumed

Can you please stop? This is not a topic about piracy, it's about the fourth episode of Doom, if we get off topic, this will get closed, just like the "I'm so freaking done!" topic by @Doomkid that turned political

5 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

You don't. Doom is 10 Turkish Lira, not 30. The game is actually economically cheaper for you. 

Damn. That's $1.33 if can't plays conversion is right. Less than a cup of coffee....

2 minutes ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

Can you please stop? This is not a topic about piracy, it's about the fourth episode of Doom, if we get off topic, this will get closed, just like the "I'm so freaking done!" topic by @Doomkid that turned political

Fair enough. Given that and his responses, there is no useful discussion to be had with this guy. I don't know why anybody bothers with him. He's just half-***ing excuses to make himself feel good for something he knows is wrong without any meaningful discussion.

E4, it clearly is for masochists. Not even Freedoom Phase 1 stuck to it despite following the format fairly closely to Ultimate Doom all the way down to some levels, musical cues and what not.

14 minutes ago, random_soldier1337 said:

Fair enough. Given that and his responses, there is no useful discussion to be had with this guy. I don't know why anybody bothers with him. He's just half-***ing excuses to make himself feel good for something he knows is wrong without any meaningful discussion.

E4, it clearly is for masochists. Not even Freedoom Phase 1 stuck to it despite following the format fairly closely to Ultimate Doom all the way down to some levels, musical cues and what not.

I finished E4 on UV Fast in something like 2 or 3 hours. I dont remember the exact time. So I may be wrong about the time.

Doom 2 was harder for me on UV Fast.

Level 10 was a big problem being left without ammos.

After that, level 16 was so hard and again no ammos. And later, level 22 with chaingunners. And I had to start level 23 with pistol start because of 2 percent health. Chaingunners kill you on Fast Mode, you cannot run with 2 percent health in the beggining.

After that, level 24 was a big deal.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

Can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

Other things are cool, but can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

Sigil is cool but can't play Thy Flesh Consumed.

Doomkid thread was closed?
Shit! Can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

10 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

Other things are cool, but can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

Sigil is cool but can't play Thy Flesh Consumed.

Doomkid thread was closed?
Shit! Can't play Thy Flesh Consumed without making excuses for other things.

Why not? As long as the difficulty is not Nightmare, what's the problem with episode 4?

First 2 levels are hard on UV Fast but still beatable. So it can be played. Considering I finished it on UV Fast with keyboard, it should be piece of cake for players who use "mouse".

19 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Why not? As long as the difficulty is not Nightmare, what's the problem with episode 4?

First 2 levels are hard on UV Fast but still beatable. So it can be played. Considering I finished it on UV Fast with keyboard, it should be piece of cake for players who use "mouse".

Can't escape from Nightmare.

Too hard to try.

30 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

Can't escape from Nightmare.

Too hard to try.

Nightmare is. I agree on that.

How crazy hard time I had until I could finish Episode 1 on Nightmare. I am sure E4 on Nighmare is a terrible idea. Even E1 was so boring on Nightmare because I was going to load every few seconds by dying.

Damn respawning enemies had to shoot me from my back.

2 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Because turkish money is a hell lot less valuable than dollar.

The baker makes a bread. In order to do so he needs bread making gear, which costs money. The baker makes a bread. He asks an x amount of money in any currency.

You say: "Ill take your bread for free, because in the US, bread is more expensive than here. But ill take it for free anyway." because reasons that do not apply here.

Where is the baker's reward for baking the bread for you?

Please consider this question.

Edit: Gah, see the later post now. Meh.

51 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

The baker makes a bread. In order to do so he needs bread making gear, which costs money. The baker makes a bread. He asks an x amount of money in any currency.

You say: "Ill take your bread for free, because in the US, bread is more expensive than here. But ill take it for free anyway." because reasons that do not apply here.

Where is the baker's reward for baking the bread for you?

Please consider this question.

Edit: Gah, see the later post now. Meh.

First one was my playing with keyboard only.

Second one is this.

What is next? 

Do as you want to. I do as I want to.

I am starting to get angry with these posts.

Come to Turkey. Everybody dowloads things on internet for free. It is normal in Turkey. Thats what everybody does.

I had a lot of songs on my mobile phone and I downloaded all of those for free. I downloaded a hell lot of movies for free and I watched.

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

3 hours ago, TheStupidestBeing said:

That "turned" political? That began politically spicy. Doomkid is a cool dude but it's easy to make fun of and pick low hanging fruit on either side of the "political spectrum"..............

E4 is a love hate relationship with me. The biblical level names. The abstract hellscapes instead of techbase crawls.  I thought the levels were more detailed than e2 and 3.
Are they more fun? Depends on taste?
e4m1 and e4m6 are two of my top 5 favourite doom1 maps.

Then there's e4m2 being one of my most loathed doom1 maps. IMO unfair and full of absolute bullshit. Yet at the same time I find Romero's maps the most fun, atmospheric and encapsulating what doom was, is and should always be. I'm not a fanboy I like sandy peters, Hall and American too so fuck you.

Why am I saying doom1? Doom.

tl;dr Episode 1 is better than 4 but 4 is better than 2 and 3. Si6il is quite fun too.

2 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Come to Turkey. Everybody dowloads things on internet for free. It is normal in Turkey. Thats what everybody does.

Everyone does it doesn't mean it is right. You have to think and do things for yourself, not because someone or something told you to do it. You have no reason, as far as I am aware, to not do the right thing.

FWIW so long as there's no direct links to warez etc, and it's not a project by a forum member (which makes it rude), I am not going to care if someone says they pirated something. I used to pirate things (but of course I do not pirate anything now and I have not pirated anything at any point while a legal adult citizen of this country, of course WINK) and hell I didn't own a legal copy of Doom 2 for years after release. I'm a forum mod, not a cop.

5 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Second one is this.

What is next? 

Way to skirt the issue. I guess you can't think actively about this.

Do as you want to. I do as I want to.

Even if that results in that you may not be helped a next time you have a question?

You guys are acting like I killed someone or I raped someone. So funny.

Don't make a blanket accusation with "you guys". I asked an exemplary question. No accusation, no verdict on my end. I just wanted to know how you would react if you were the baker and your bread is taken away without payment.

I guess this how americans react on simple things.

This is not as simple as, say,  starting a third party WAD or playing in higher resolution. 

I am not an American by the way.

6 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

Second one is this.

What is next? 

There is nothing wrong with attempting to understand that an admission to piracy may ellict certain responses as a result.

Okay okay, we think piracy is bad and Can't Play doesn't really care. All of your long thought out multiquote responses are going to be met with short, blunt statements that basically say "yeah but... no." Moving on?

I need to try and play through the episode more legit at some point and beat it this time. Last time, I got REALLY frustrated, so I loaded it up with Guncaster and fucking creamed it. That was cathartic, but I should really give it another go and play toe-to-toe like a gentleman.

I'm finding E4M6 really frustrating. It looks nice, but I don't enjoy illogical teleporter puzzles combined with damaging floors all over the damn place.

2 hours ago, magicsofa said:

I'm finding E4M6 really frustrating. It looks nice, but I don't enjoy illogical teleporter puzzles combined with damaging floors all over the damn place.

Agree with this. E4M6 is one of the most infuriating maps in the episode.

The fight with the Cyberdemon is pretty epic though, i enjoyed the setup for the encounter. Very creative.

23 hours ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

What is the punishment I will get for it? You still think of US laws

I don't think about law. I think about honor. Where I live we have plenty of both.

@DoomGater

Would you knock it off already? Yes, he did sort-of start it by volunteering the completely irrevelant information about how he pirated the game, but it would have died off pretty fast, if you hadn't started preaching your idea of honor and morality in regards to paying for video games. Don't want to help a self-proclaimed freeloader? Fine, don't. Want to have a discussion about "Software Piracy and Life, Issue #9542"? Why not do it in a separate thread and leave this one alone?

I like episode 4... it's fun because of map 6.  It's really well made.  The cyberdemon at the end just nailed it down even more as I died here alot but it was soo epic I had to stay here.

Does DOOM Classic complete count??  I have it on PS3 (digital download) and I forgot how much I got it for, but it came with everything and I think it should have cost more.  (Ultimate DOOM, DOOM II, Master Levels, No Rest For The Living, Final DOOM PLUTONIA, TNT)

I have the REAL copy of a id software game on CD-ROM (ultimate doom) but it runs really slow whenever I try it. 

The first level is just one short famine event that drains any players of their resources as much as possible to make the second map difficult as well but after the second level you should be fully loaded for anything coming in your way. The traps later on can be pretty unforgiving though.

It lacks the nostalgia the first 3 have, apart from the 1st level in episode 4 , i find the whole thing largley forgettable and mundane, i actually have way more fun with the other episodes (including sigil)

E4M1 and E4M2 have really appropriate names. The first one describes what lies ahead of you, the second describes my feelings towards it. First PT of E4 borders on frustration sometimes - hitscan hell of E4M3, HWDude/Revenant/Spectre pit on E4M4 and minor annoyances in later maps. Luckily it eases up towards the end.

5 hours ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

HWDude/Revenant/Spectre pit on E4M4

HWDude/Revenant? In UDOOM?

It's a mixed bag with high highs, but also low lows. Visual-wise its probably my favourite out of the 4 classic episodes, and M1, M2, and M6 are considered classics for a reason. On the other hand, its flow is all over the place. The difficulty fluctuates between tricky (at least in the context of Doom 1&2) and trivially easy, and the overall fun factor ranges from "great" to "borefest". It really comes of as stitched together, the visual design being the only connecting element. But overall my favourite episode along with E1.

I recently replayed it properly this time around and played by its rules. I can safely say that, despite the first two maps being REALLY bloody mean, I enjoy it a lot. Those aforementioned first two maps are cool despite their cruelty and most of the other maps are interesting and varied. The only map I don't like is Unruly Evil in the sense that its design is rather drab and boring, which is disappointing for me personally since American McGee is my favourite Doom/Quake mapper from the OG id Software crew. Nothing really beats Knee Deep In the Dead as far as I'm concerned regarding Doom 1's episodes, but Thy Flesh Consumed I can definitely say is my second favourite with Shores of Hell coming in at third. I have no love for Inferno though. :P

Edited by Biodegradable