Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomerNL

Can i play eternal? only got on console but want PC

Hey i have a question,

sure i could check the specs on steam but that doesnt really tell me how well the game will run tho lol so i guess ill ask here

cause maybe some one has a pc similar to mine and that plays it...

my specs are :

Ryzen 5 1500X 3,9GHZ (4 core 8 thread)
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
GTX 1050 Ti 4GB

SSD Drive 120GB (for games)

whats holding me back is my gpu i know this the rest of my pc is totally fine but can the gtx 1050 ti run eternal?

all i want is to run the game at low 1080p at 60fps stable, thats it ill prob turn on dynamic resolution too will it be able to hold 60 all the time?

i have the game on ps4 but i really just rather play it on PC so much more fun besides i play my classics doom's on pc as well i like to keep the franchise on this system.

hmm can anyone help me out that has a similar card or knows how well it will perform throughout the game before i buy it ;p

I have 5 year old 4ghz quad core i7, 16GB DDR3 RAM, and a comparatively ancient GTX970. Doom Eternal ran beautifully at 1080p and looked gorgeous. The framerate barely missed a beat. The 1050 might not be able to run it at it's absolute best, but I sincerely doubt it will be a poor experience. You should be fine and if you buy it on Steam and it runs like ass, just request a refund.

@DoomerNL

As  i was looking for an answer i found you asked the same thing last year on Steam.

The following video is from a rig extremely similar to yours (Ryzen 5 1500X, GTX 1050Ti) except with 8 GB DDR4. 1080p60 is achieved. It says ultra settings, but i reckon that's a bit too much. 1080p60 high should well be doable.

20 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

@DoomerNL

As  i was looking for an answer i found you asked the same thing last year on Steam.

The following video is from a rig extremely similar to yours (Ryzen 5 1500X, GTX 1050Ti) except with 8 GB DDR4. 1080p60 is achieved. It says ultra settings, but i reckon that's a bit too much. 1080p60 high should well be doable.

that was before the game was out i wanna know how it runs with people that beat the entire game on this card so they can tell me if itll drop or not later on in the levels ;p but let me check this video ,thanks

edit: i checked the video thats doom and not eternal i want to know for doom eternal.. 

4 hours ago, DoomerNL said:

that was before the game was out i wanna know how it runs with people that beat the entire game on this card so they can tell me if itll drop or not later on in the levels ;p

If its only about the card, then what's stopping you from looking up comparable videos on YouTube? Just look at anything with a Core i5.

As for the later levels part: In my quick search i could not find a walkthrough being played to the end with this card.  What's below should give you a general impression of how well the card runs, with comparable rigs like yours.

In general your game will run just fine if you pick the settings right.

i5-7400, 1080p, 900p, 720p Max and Low:

i5-3470, 1080p:

And with a Ryzen 5 3600:

And this user seems to do a walkthrough with a GTX 1050 Ti, but he only has uploaded one video so far:

4 hours ago, DoomerNL said:

but let me check this video ,thanks

edit: i checked the video thats doom and not eternal i want to know for doom eternal.. 

My reading comprehension stinks as of late. But even so it gives some indication.