Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QuadDoomer

Quarantine [Finished]

Well this looks bloody amazing - tagging the topic to make sure I don't forget to have a look!

I tried this a bit and definitely im gonna stream it. I found one secret and i had to crouch...so this means that we can crouch, jump and freelook is allowed?

I REALLY like the screenshot with the chain Gunners in the Sargents at the controls

3 minutes ago, QuadDoomer said:

Yep! Freelook, jump and crouch are not only allowed, but necessary.

Alright then, so i think you should edit the post and give that kind of information. The little i played was great!

9 hours ago, Austinado said:

Alright then, so i think you should edit the post and give that kind of information. The little i played was great!

Good advice! I'll do this!

@Era Di Cate, I don't know a lot, but there must be a lot of similar mods out there...

I  have played the first map out of four.

Loved the map, the design (the beautifull looks it gives), the challenge, the weapons...hated the pre-final area towards the end of the map. Sure is nice to give challenge, but that maze...almost exploded my head off with frustration.

Overall, a very nice job and cant wait to play the next 3 maps.

STARTS AT 1:24:03

=====//=====

Dear Austinado,

Thank you very much for the review! So the maze was a "pain"? I'm sorry... Lucky in the following maps there isn't nothing like that - maybe on map04, in the start, when DoomGuy gets loose on Titan's atmosphere and must return to the spaceship to get ammo.

Do you think if map enabled would help to avoid map01's boring search?

MAP02

My thoughts about MAP02

Spoiler

- That elevator sure goes slow..down and up.

- There could have been a little more diversity on details inside the sectors (little houses) because they all look the same.

- Suddenly i was on warzone area kind o slaugther;

- I think there is a switch (skull) that does not work...

- In my opinion there should be a diferent way to get the yellow key, it is quite an assignment to look all over the area for that key, when afterall it was in the same switch that makes the machine to work...that was a little bit cruel (i almost gave up). Sure...my noobness on gameplay and deaths helped alot on my frustration as well.

Thing i did like

- The outdoors of Venus looks great;

- Little train is awsome;

- Little baby BFG (plasma rifle) i just loved it;

- There is plenty of ammo and health (and that sure helps alot)

NICE! I hope to finish tomorrow map03 and 04.

STARS AT 20:41

=====//=====

Edited by Austinado

24 minutes ago, QuadDoomer said:

Dear Austinado,

Thank you very much for the review! So the maze was a "pain"? I'm sorry... Lucky in the following maps there isn't nothing like that - maybe on map04, in the start, when DoomGuy gets loose on Titan's atmosphere and must return to the spaceship to get ammo.

Do you think if map enabled would help to avoid map01's boring search?

I know there is some sticks with head that we can try to follow and get oriented, but for me the corridors were too much tight and we get to a point that we dont know where we are...and dealing with Cacos, Hellknights and Revs (the major encounters) at the same time...well yeah we get lost. If we get the secret with the automap..i think it should view the maze...i had found the secret and that part is unseen...not very fair maybe. Or perharps reduce the maze could be a thing as well...since we already killed alot of monsters at that point. It got a little bit pain in the ass for me, to be honest...but others can review it and tell about their thoughts. But if you see the video i think you can conclude something of what i was saying. Still, i did enjoyed the map honest...but that pre-final part...omg.

Edited by Austinado

Hi!

Yes, that maze is a "pain in the ass". I'll keep the map on so it should help. It was inspired on mods such a Legacy of Sufferin'.

About MAP02, there is a trick you can do in the elevator: just crouch. Imp's fireballs will not hit you ;Daqqq

Map03 

About map 03 i can say that its my favorite of all four maps. Challenging and clever design (i loved the using of the Arch-ville to ressurect everyone on the sector bellow), the switch for using the yellow key could have some textures giving that information. Challenging at the beggining and lots of fun provided to the player! Nice job indeed.

STARTS AT 6:23

Map04

I finished it but i did not finished. A wonderfull atmosphere on the exterior, a clever puzzle map...but...alot of issues in my point of view. First of all, the player is way too punished for falling of high places and getting damage (and yes i felt that on the previous maps as well). The area is ginormous and this is fine if you are Dora the explorer, but again..no map enable?? That is way to big area to explore all around with only the spaceship as point of reference. In my perspective a path on the floor with diferent textures or points of reference to at least help the player since we have no map enable. It gets quite a chore to explore all over around...and man, i almost gave up at the time on search for the red skullkey.

The progression is disconcerting. No, im talking about the teleports and puzzles. Im talking about the keys. Usually when a switch is pressed on, its pressed on, light on. When we arrive to Titus we have 3 switches. The first we see..its pressed on..the other two its to open the door of the mini spaceship. Sure i have seen at the beggining of the map, that pressed on switch in front of me...so i moved on for the other two ones, leave the mini spaceship and lets go. I kept getting the red key, the blue...but no blue/red door or switches. I had no idea that i had to return to the mini spaceship! At this time i had given up of finishing the map, but still i wanted to find out. An idea would be to turn off that initial switch we see at the beggining of the map, or give it key colours just to check it out. I only went back to the mini spaceship because there was alot of cybers and SpiderMasterminds outside...i thought maybe something had emerged or something...resuming the thing...a confusing map in progression, can be quite fun without the Dora the explorer thing and quite challenging as well.

STARTS AT 4:31

My final thoughts about this.

- This was alot of work, and congratulations for the nice visuals and weapons mod...wonderfull. 

- Maps might be too long..too large...and we have alot of breaking pace during the game, witch might transform the gameplay tedious some times.

- I believe that making some changes would considerably make this waaaay better (enable map in map 02 and 04 for instance, better texture choices and map design on the sectors in map two in both sides). 

- Its challenging..thats for sure.

- Overall i think this is very very very positive, and i do admire the work done here although there is alot of frustration moments. 

- This was only an opinion of mine...and i did enjoyed to play this. 

Cheers!

Hi dear Austinado,

Thanks a lot for your detailed review! Seems that nowadays, shorter maps are preferred, because gameplay gets boring in fact. I'll take this into account on the next mods.

I'm struggling to get this on archives.gamers.org... any idea?

Cheers!