Find results that contain...
Find results in...
XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX

DOSbox wad suggestions

8 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Hell Revealed and Hell Revealed 2
Memento Mori
Alien Vendetta

Well, it's just cruel, especially for vanilla limits. Maybe Memento Mori is not a harsh choose.

IMG_20200429_134347.png.f369ede8bbacdfdcb1a3840219f787b8.png

10 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

Well, it's just cruel, especially for vanilla limits. Maybe Memento Mori is not a harsh choose.

IMG_20200429_134347.png.f369ede8bbacdfdcb1a3840219f787b8.png

Because those are what came to mind first, so yes.

29 minutes ago, XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX said:

I'm starting to play DOOM on dosbox and I want toknow if there are any must-play WADS that have dosbox support

There is a lot of wads that are vanilla compatible (not all let you save in the middle of the map because of save game buffer overflow crash).

But let me ask you first, do you know how to use DEUTEX and DEHACKED?

6 minutes ago, XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX said:

Im using Dosbox for chrome and I cant use download or install to play the game and I dont know what else to do than use this website https://js-dos.com/games/doom.exe.html

As i suppose, you are learning. So to facilitate you the thing, i recommend you a better choice for start Dooming:
Doom Retro

Just download this, unzip it and put Doom2.wad, Doom.wad, TNT.wad, Plutonia.wad on the same folder as Doom Retro.
After you have done that, comeback and i will explain you how to load new wads

EDIT: If you don't have Doom2.wad, Doom.wad, TNT.wad, Plutonia.wad, download this and do the same.

1 hour ago, ZeroTheEro said:

Hell Revealed and Hell Revealed 2
Memento Mori
Alien Vendetta

If you're going to play Hell Revealed 1 or 2 in Dosbox, you will have to play in a limit removing port and not just vanilla Doom2.exe. HR2 will absolutely make you hit the sprite limit, and some maps even cause an intercepts overflow.

Like others I believe there are much better ways to run the game in your situation.

But anyway I played Back to Saturn X E1 some on vanilla via Dosbox and it was great.

You really should just download a source port and play on that. You can use Freedoom as the basegame and play custom wads, if you don't want to buy the original wads. Though it's not like they are hard to find on the internet anyway...

Or is there a specific reason you want to torture yourself playing in dosbox? in a browser even? 

You can get VPO on some HR2 maps so I won't recommand it , even if I consider it as a vanilla megawad.

I recommand you to play Mars War by Nathan Lineback

4 minutes ago, Defdock said:

Freedoom is still available...

Freedoom is perfectly fine to distribute and spread. :)

25 minutes ago, Defdock said:

Sorry, i didnt mean any harm. Glad i didnt upload them and i just waited for a responce here instead.

It's only 5 dollars each. Go buy the games at least in Steam version.

Freedoom is not compatible with most DOS ports tho because it uses a DEHACKED lump with BEX strings. You can load it in MBF but the strings don't work properly. Also, the fact that the filenames are 9 characters (>8) long, so you have to type -iwad freedo~2.wad or whatever.

14 minutes ago, ZeroTheEro said:

It's only 5 dollars each. Go buy the games at least in Steam version.

Cheaper than the last time i looked... 8~ years ago. 

7 minutes ago, maxmanium said:

Freedoom is not compatible with most DOS ports tho because it uses a DEHACKED lump with BEX strings. You can load it in MBF but the strings don't work properly. Also, the fact that the filenames are 9 characters (>8) long, so you have to type -iwad freedo~2.wad or whatever.

Im not sure how it operates on a pc... their game wad? Or thier OS?

Thier app for phones/tablets is ran on GZdoom, it only comes with freedoom 1 and 2 game wads, you have to add your own extras easily.

Most people admittedly won't be playing on DOS or on DOS-based source ports, especially since now there's the Chocolate Doom sourceport that prides itself on being as close to Vanilla as one can get.

But I guess for the hardcore few, well, there's only so much you can replace without having altered EXEs itself.

8 hours ago, Dark Pulse said:

Most people admittedly won't be playing on DOS or on DOS-based source ports, especially since now there's the Chocolate Doom sourceport that prides itself on being as close to Vanilla as one can get.

But I guess for the hardcore few, well, there's only so much you can replace without having altered EXEs itself.

With that said, one significant portion of the userbase cannot be ignored and that's those who aren't aware what a source port is or Chocolate Doom in the first place.

Given that Steam/GOG versions come with DOSBox, the amount of people who experience Doom for the first time is likely done through these versions.

Its the easiest road i guess, so DOSBox remains relevant.

11 hours ago, maxmanium said:

Freedoom is not compatible with most DOS ports tho because it uses a DEHACKED lump with BEX strings. You can load it in MBF but the strings don't work properly.

The DEHACKED lump is entirely cosmetic and you should be able to play it fine.

I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't work with MBF though, since MBF supports BEX strings (it's a Boom derivative) and also supports loading DEHACKED lumps from WADs. So it ought to work fine and it sounds like there's a Freedoom bug that needs to be fixed.

3 hours ago, fraggle said:

The DEHACKED lump is entirely cosmetic and you should be able to play it fine.

I'm surprised to hear that it doesn't work with MBF though, since MBF supports BEX strings (it's a Boom derivative) and also supports loading DEHACKED lumps from WADs. So it ought to work fine and it sounds like there's a Freedoom bug that needs to be fixed.

Mostly just saw an issue with the automap names.

5 minutes ago, XXx_D00MSL4Y3R_69_xXX said:

thats enough suggetsions, thanks you guys. I bet these'll be great

But are playing in a PC with DosBox or a browser version of Doom in dosbox?