Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vic Vos

Doom Eternal - News

I think the codex stated that the ARC had a base at sea, so we know where we're going in the first screenshot at least.

2 hours ago, Vic Vos said:

Your victory over Hell’s armies pulled humanity back from the edge of extinction, but it came at a cost. An imbalance of power in the heavens requires the true ruler of this universe to rise and set things right. Wage war across never-before-seen realms of the DOOM Universe, fight against new demons, and wield new abilities in your never-ending battle against the forces of evil. 

An imbalance of power in the heavens requires the true ruler of this universe to rise and set things right.

the true ruler of this universe

God confirmed

---

Also, I wonder if the new demons might include the cut Spectre Whiplash that was found recently:

Those locations look amazing.

I believe I remember the ARC having some sort of ocean-based outpost, maybe that's the oil rig-looking place.

Hopefully we're going back to Urdak to recover VEGA.

4 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

God confirmed

I think it's quite obvious the text is referring to the Slayer himself.

28 minutes ago, igg said:

I think it's quite obvious the text is referring to the Slayer himself.

I figured the "imbalance of Heaven" before it implied the line was in context of Urdak's hierarchy. Not sure if the Slayer would be considered a "ruler" of the universe, but I can see how the line could also mean the Slayer.

1 hour ago, AtimZarr1 said:

Not sure if the Slayer would be considered a "ruler" of the universe

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion. Who is more Royal than the Slayer?

Oh groovy :D, this already looks interesting.

The first image kinda reminds me of LV-426 honestly.

An imbalance of power in the heavens requires the true ruler of this universe to rise and set things right.

1) What do you think caused the "imbalance of power in the heavens"?

• Urdak space ship destroyed/invaded, Khan Maykr dead
  • Urdak becoming an ally of hell for Argent Energy 
  • Argent D'Nur becoming red after the last hell priest was killed, I think the red color indicates Argent D'Nur lost it's sovereignty to hell or Urdak
  • Hells losses in hell and on Earth, Icon of Sin killed?

2) The plural of "heavens" makes me wonder: 

• Was Urdak one of many heavens?
  • Or does it just refer to Urdak by using the grammar form "Majesty's plural"?
  • Or does it refer to multiple areas of Urdak?

35 minutes ago, igg said:

1) What do you think caused the "imbalance of power in the heavens"?

• Urdak space ship destroyed/invaded, Khan Maykr dead
  • Urdak becoming an ally of hell for Argent Energy 
  • Argent D'Nur becoming red after the last hell priest was killed, I think the red color indicates Argent D'Nur lost it's sovereignty to hell or Urdak
  • Hells losses in hell and on Earth, Icon of Sin killed?

2) The plural of "heavens" makes me wonder: 

• Was Urdak one of many heavens?
  • Or does it just refer to Urdak by using the grammar form "Majesty's plural"?
  • Or does it refer to multiple areas of Urdak?

Urdak was already an ally of Hell under the Khan Mayker's reign. I'm also still not convinced that Urdak is the real Heaven... 

If it is though, there are three natrual possibilities for the "True Ruler of this universe" :

1) Slayer himself (bit cheeky, but they might do it)

2) Samuel Hayden/ Samar Mayker

3) Vega / The Father

As for new abilities: I...legit cannot imagine what else they will give the Slayer. I called Dash after Shadow Warrior, and even to an extent hoped for suit mounted weapons, both of which came in. Now I'm mystified, but in a good way.

I wonder if they wont bring the rejected pistol back...

42 minutes ago, Taurus Daggerknight said:

1) Slayer himself (bit cheeky, but they might do it)

3) Vega / The Father

I'd expect 1 but 3 also seems likely: Vega was our most loyal ally in both new Doom games. Due to Vega the Slayer was the right hand of the father by killing false gods (Khan Maykr) and hunting the demonic horde on Earth, Argent D'Nur, Mars, Phobos and even in hell itself.

Be interesting to see what our boy VEGA has got up to since he got left behind in Urdak, he seemed to be having a bit of an epiphany when we last saw him.

With the Hell Priests and the Khan Maykr dead, I wonder who the antagonist of this DLC will be. Presumably Hell would put up some kind of organised resistance to the Slayer's efforts, I somehow think that running into stragglers and/or opportunistic ambushes just wouldn't cut it.

34 minutes ago, NoXion said:

Be interesting to see what our boy VEGA has got up to since he got left behind in Urdak, he seemed to be having a bit of an epiphany when we last saw him.

With the Hell Priests and the Khan Maykr dead, I wonder who the antagonist of this DLC will be. Presumably Hell would put up some kind of organised resistance to the Slayer's efforts, I somehow think that running into stragglers and/or opportunistic ambushes just wouldn't cut it.

It's most definitely whoever that voice was at the end of Urdak. My only guesses are either the Dark Lord, or the Father (who could have awakened after VEGA was left in Urdak's systems)

weird they released a new trailer... saw some un-used content for an elvis mancubus, hopefully thats in this months battlemode series. another prime-exclusive skin is also weird but i guess i understand.

7 hours ago, NoXion said:

With the Hell Priests and the Khan Maykr dead, I wonder who the antagonist of this DLC will be. 

The dark lord is still alive.

4 hours ago, igg said:

The dark lord is still alive.

I thought they would have been saving that one for the next full game. But maybe the plan is to have the DLCs lead into it.

Update 1 is now live and people are already reporting problems concerning Denuvo Anticheat.

Also, 5 new Master Levels, some, if not all, of which are apparently locked behind Twitch Prime.

Cannot currently confirm as I'm downloading the update and updating my drivers.

Edited by Vic Vos

The Twitch prime thing is making a lot of noise, i have prime myself but it's a bad move.

The new Master Levels don't seem to appear to me. However, I found out that Series 3 (the highlight of which is pic related) and the new Weekly Challenges are live as well.

Spoiler

afdsf.jpg

52 minutes ago, Deimos said:

The Twitch prime thing is making a lot of noise, i have prime myself but it's a bad move.

Twitch Prime is free for Prime users, isn't it? 

5 minutes ago, igg said:

Twitch Prime is free for Prime users, isn't it? 

Yes why?

Update 1 patchnotes have just been published:
https://slayersclub.bethesda.net/en/article/2zHgbzsIV8gTzFUZ75ADGx/update-1

Spoiler

More interesting things about the anticheat:

>Denuvo Anti-Cheat uses a kernel-mode driver
>kernel-mode
Oh boy.

>Use of the kernel-mode driver starts when the game launches and stops when the game stops for any reason

>Denuvo Anti-Cheat does not take screenshots, scan your file system, or stream shellcode from the internet

People are reporting that it apparently gets installed as a Windows Service, identified as a trojan by at least Kaspersky and that the anticheat doesn't turn itself off until the PC itself is turned off.

>Denuvo Anti-Cheat can be uninstalled at any time through the "Add or remove programs" dialog
What it doesn't mention is that Doom Eternal apparently won't launch without the anticheat.

Will try to verify these sometime tomorrow, too tired today.

Edited by Vic Vos

3 hours ago, Vic Vos said:

Update 1 is now live and people are already reporting problems concerning Denuvo Anticheat.

Also, 5 new Master Levels, some, if not all, of which are apparently locked behind Twitch Prime.

Cannot currently confirm as I'm downloading the update and updating my drivers.

Weird i head only one was locked behind Twitch Prime.