Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vic Vos

Doom Eternal - News

Just now, Deimos said:

Weird i head only one was locked behind Twitch Prime. 

I've heard conflicting reports - some said it was only one, some said they were all locked. Either way, a nice way to loophole the "no microtransactions" statement.

1 minute ago, Vic Vos said:

I've heard conflicting reports - some said it was only one, some said they were all locked. Either way, a nice way to loophole the "no microtransactions" statement.

Agreed, i was already disappointed about the skins.

14 minutes ago, AtimZarr1 said:

No pay-wall Exultia Master Level

Well, that’s some good news.

Maybe I’m just paranoid, but I’m still iffy about them using Denuvo, even when I have no intention of playing battlemode.

we had considered and even prepared to offer a new master level as an upcoming Twitch Prime drop, but ultimately decided against it.

Yeah, right, just like how the initially mandatory BethesdaNet login in the new OG Doom port was "just a bug".

In the meantime, people are putting up a stink over Denuvo Anticheat. Whether it's here to stay or it gets removed remains to be seen.

I think people only complain about Denuvo anti_cheat is because "Denuvo". They think it's the same as the Denuvo DRM.   

A good anti-cheat is GOOD. Ring-0 anti-cheat isn't something new. Many other anti-cheats were ring-0 for years and nobody complained. Valorant only got under fire because the anti-cheat runs literally all the time the PC is running.   

You can also still mod your singleplayer. 

The only problem with it is that Linux player are locked out of the game. They need to fix this asap

EDIT: the original uploader put the video on private.

Someone datamined future customization stuff. I downloaded the video just in case.

From the video description:

credit for datamine goes to discord user 007689, he was the one who got all this working, not me.

Some content is unreleased, some is planned, some is unused, who's to say.

1: Hot Rod Slayer (You Had To Be There, probably series 4) and T1 Quake Con podium (twitch prime)

2: Lone Star Slayer (Unused twitch prime for mullet slayer)

3: Cosplay Slayer [Superfan] (twitch prime)

4: Cosplay Slayer [Homemade] (twitch prime)

5: T2 Quake Con podium (twitch prime)

6: Cosplay Slayer [default] (twitch prime)

7: Strike A Pose (twitch prime)

8: Use Your Imagination (twitch prime)

9: Nailed It (twitch prime)

10: Black and White Archvile (Intermission, probably series 5)

11: Frost Mancubus (You Had To Be There)

12: Black and White Mancubus (Intermission)

13: Black and White Marauder (Intermission)

14: Black and White Pain Elemental (Intermission)

15: Poison Frog Pain Elemental (You Had To Be There)

16: Black and White Revenant (Intermission)

17: Frost Revenant (You Had To Be There)

Not pictured in this video is the "Camo Slayer" from series two that is unused, but was shown in a trailer at one point. Eventually replaced by trooper slayer.

Gold Chaingun, already previously shown in leaks, unused and so far no planned use.

Several Icons and Titles that I may make a follow up video to show off. Most of them are Intermission icons that are grayscale art of the different demons, though there are a few interesting ones. Also a few milestone completion icons that may be related to invasion or planned content.

>that much twitch prime

oh ffs id/bethesda

Edited by Vic Vos

So much of the content being locked behind prime pisses me off to no end, since I can't get prime. My card gets rejected every single time, and PayPal times out.

Thank god the best skin only requires 2 sentinel batteries... Now if THAT was locked behind a paywall, then I'd be really angry.

doomdude.jpg

So far the twitch prime stuff has been goofy stuff I don't actually want to play as.

But I'm very annoyed I don't have the Red Classic Doomguy when I just bought Doom 3 BFG Edition last year on steam (and my accounts are linked!).  I'm not going to buy the further cut down new rerelease.

They may be joke skins that don't fit the setting as much, but for the sake of preservation, accessiblity and documentation, future-proof stuff and easy off-line access are things to still be considered, specially in a day and age of the Internet Archive to be in a bad situation and looking at this series' history with longevity and documentaion.

13 minutes ago, Gokuma said:

But I'm very annoyed I don't have the Red Classic Doomguy when I just bought Doom 3 BFG Edition last year on steam (and my accounts are linked!).  I'm not going to buy the further cut down new rerelease.

That's another problem: when there's cases of those methods of getting the content not working, which is why i'll always prefer just unlocking something in game like normal videogame collectables.

8 hours ago, Gokuma said:

Wait, what? BFG edition should also net me neat stuff? I didn't get anything, what the ass...

Edit: okay, what the shit. I've read that there was supposed to be an update that boosts the classic games to 60 fps and allows SC sign-in from any of the three, but no such thing exists. I even deleted and re-downloaded the entire thing, still nothing.
Is it because it's on steam? If so, that's a bullshit dick move of unparalleled quality.

Edit2: Yep, that is indeed the fucking case. Jesus.

20200613122026_1.jpg

Edited by SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv

Bethesda is like that monkey paw wish. On one hand we had two marvelous games(they were the one insisting to bring back doom to its roots iirc) and pretty neat console re-release of the old ones, on the other hand we have to cope with that "gaas"(games as a service) mentality...

9 hours ago, whatup876 said:

They may be joke skins that don't fit the setting as much, but for the sake of preservation, accessiblity and documentation, future-proof stuff and easy off-line access are things to still be considered, specially in a day and age of the Internet Archive to be in a bad situation and looking at this series' history with longevity and documentaion.

That's another problem: when there's cases of those methods of getting the content not working, which is why i'll always prefer just unlocking something in game like normal videogame collectables.

People tend to not get the issue with microtransactions and time limited stuff is that the content of your own copy get segregated from you even when you pay full price. I mean i bought this game THREE times, a collector's edition on ps4 that took a month to arrive so doom fanboy me bought it digitally too so i could play it on time and a third time on pc recently but still i need twitch prime and play regularly to unlock stuff.

The last kick in the nuts was to discover that despite having linked my accounts to bethesda the series unlocks from ps4 won't carry over to my pc copy so there i'm short of three series and will have to unlock stuff twice from now on... :(

sorry for the double post

Edited by Deimos

3 hours ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

Wait, what? BFG edition should also net me neat stuff? I didn't get anything, what the ass...

Edit: okay, what the shit. I've read that there was supposed to be an update that boosts the classic games to 60 fps and allows SC sign-in from any of the three, but no such thing exists. I even deleted and re-downloaded the entire thing, still nothing.
Is it because it's on steam? If so, that's a bullshit dick move of unparalleled quality.

Edit2: Yep, that is indeed the fucking case. Jesus.

Ayup. Doom 3 BFG Edition (2012, Steam) and Doom 3 (2019, BNet) are different things. The 2019 BNet release is basically a butchered BFG Edition with no multiplayer, but it's the only one that can be linked to Slayers Club.

It's just as asinine to me.

Kind of odd that one Quakecon podium has fake screenshots, like... why?

Also, since 2016 had an update that made all DLC free, i feel like after some years, either that or some edition of the game with everything in it could (or at least should) happen.

46 minutes ago, whatup876 said:

Also, since 2016 had an update that made all DLC free, i feel like after some years, either that or some edition of the game with everything in it could (or at least should) happen.

Like the Deluxe Edition? 

I meant like post release like the Twitch prime skins and the single player DLC's when they're out but yeah.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, Vic Vos said:

Ayup. Doom 3 BFG Edition (2012, Steam) and Doom 3 (2019, BNet) are different things. The 2019 BNet release is basically a butchered BFG Edition with no multiplayer, but it's the only one that can be linked to Slayers Club.

Really makes me wish Doom was with other publisher, but again, there are no honest AAA companies anymore, just pure money milking lords. I'm a big The Elder Scrolls fan, and with how things are going, I'm pretty sure TES6 is going to be a major letdown, kinda like Fallout 4 and that online crap.

4 hours ago, Endless said:

Really makes me wish Doom was with other publisher, but again, there are no honest AAA companies anymore, just pure money milking lords. I'm a big The Elder Scrolls fan, and with how things are going, I'm pretty sure TES6 is going to be a major letdown, kinda like Fallout 4 and that online crap.

Funny you should mention that, because ESO is the best thing to happen to the series since Oblivion. Not even remotely kidding, it blows Skyrim out of the water, I'm just astounded at how bad that game was.

7 hours ago, SuperchargedEuthanasiaDiv said:

Funny you should mention that, because ESO is the best thing to happen to the series since Oblivion. Not even remotely kidding, it blows Skyrim out of the water, I'm just astounded at how bad that game was.

You might've missed it at launch then. It might be good nowadays, haven't played it myself, but back then it was in no way better than any of the existing ES games. It got better through updates.

I'm not fond of the fact that they just had to make MP games in an otherwise SP-only franchise, but be that as it may, ESO is not influencing the past and future titles anyway.

12 hours ago, Endless said:

Indeed.

But one thing to note here is also that Bethesda had an almost impeccable reputation back when they acquired id Software. At the time it was probably the best deal you could ever hope to get, than end up bought by Activision, EA, and their ilk and ultimately be ruined to the ground.

Doom feels like that kind of series where people either associate it heavily with fans or even treat it like an almost public domain thing.

So i wonder how the world would react if it did went through that path, like the IP in general and not just something like the source code.

But id could still make and sell Doom products.

Imagine an alternate timeline where Doom did in fact became the western equivalent of Touhou.

On 6/13/2020 at 7:10 AM, Vic Vos said:

A little sad to know this, despite I don't play on Multi-player mode. 

I never got the BFG edition for all the complaints about Doom3 but specially for Doom and Doom 2, that was terrible. 

I purchased the Doom3 2019 for my ps4 due to one of my PCs where I had the original version is broken now, I admit I had some fun, seeing those blinky eyes in the very start of Delta 4, that was nice but I miss many of the features from the original game. 

Can't Bethesda hire some guys from this community to work on a pretty good, decent version of Doom3? 

I'm not saying Panic Button has done an awful job, no, but if I had knowledge about how idtech4 works, I'm sure I will try to make a pretty decent Doom3 version. This is sad. 

On 6/12/2020 at 10:22 PM, Vic Vos said:

Someone datamined future customization stuff. I'm sure it'll be taken down soon, as evidenced by the removal of videos with unreleased Master Levels, so I downloaded the video just in case.

From the video description:

"credit for datamine goes to discord user 007689, he was the one who got all this working, not me.

Some content is unreleased, some is planned, some is unused, who's to say.

1: Hot Rod Slayer (You Had To Be There, probably series 4) and T1 Quake Con podium (twitch prime)

2: Lone Star Slayer (Unused twitch prime for mullet slayer)

3: Cosplay Slayer [Superfan] (twitch prime)

4: Cosplay Slayer [Homemade] (twitch prime)

5: T2 Quake Con podium (twitch prime)

6: Cosplay Slayer [default] (twitch prime)

7: Strike A Pose (twitch prime)

8: Use Your Imagination (twitch prime)

9: Nailed It (twitch prime)

10: Black and White Archvile (Intermission, probably series 5)

11: Frost Mancubus (You Had To Be There)

12: Black and White Mancubus (Intermission)

13: Black and White Marauder (Intermission)

14: Black and White Pain Elemental (Intermission)

15: Poison Frog Pain Elemental (You Had To Be There)

16: Black and White Revenant (Intermission)

17: Frost Revenant (You Had To Be There)

Not pictured in this video is the "Camo Slayer" from series two that is unused, but was shown in a trailer at one point. Eventually replaced by trooper slayer.

Gold Chaingun, already previously shown in leaks, unused and so far no planned use.

Several Icons and Titles that I may make a follow up video to show off. Most of them are Intermission icons that are grayscale art of the different demons, though there are a few interesting ones. Also a few milestone completion icons that may be related to invasion or planned content."

>that much twitch prime

oh ffs id/bethesda

Hey, Vic, this is the creator of the video you posted here. I just wanted to say, I don’t particularly appreciate that being posted around. Clearly since you’ve downloaded it I can’t stop you, so I won’t try, but I did private the video, so that’s that avenue gone. ID Soft does not care about series content in the same way they care about master levels, because the cosmetic series have no actual gameplay value and aren’t really worth anything, whereas they still haven’t decided about monetization of master levels (as you can tell by them doing a 180 on exultia.) So it is a different precedent. Anyways, have a good day.

17 hours ago, bezellik said:

Hey, Vic, this is the creator of the video you posted here. I just wanted to say, I don’t particularly appreciate that being posted around. Clearly since you’ve downloaded it I can’t stop you, so I won’t try, but I did private the video, so that’s that avenue gone.

Thanks for reaching out. My goal for this thread was to report on everything Doom Eternal-related, and I'm sure you understand that once something of relevance goes public, it's inevitable for it to be spread around - I, personally, found the video on a BNet forum thread, which was linking to a now deleted r/Doom post, so if it wasn't me, then it would've been someone else who'd post it here on Doomworld. If the video was meant to be hush-hush, I believe it shouldn't have went outside of a circle of trusted people. I respect your decision and I wasn't planning to reupload the video on YouTube anyway, but if you give an OK, I can reupload it on a file provider like Dropbox, until the abovementioned Series content goes live.

17 hours ago, bezellik said:

ID Soft does not care about series content in the same way they care about master levels, because the cosmetic series have no actual gameplay value and aren’t really worth anything, whereas they still haven’t decided about monetization of master levels (as you can tell by them doing a 180 on exultia.) So it is a different precedent.

With id/Bethesda being that trigger-happy, who knows.

Ads started to pop out that reveal the next Twitch Prime collection as Cosplay Slayer, making the above leak true.

pqpfuqw.png
(image courtesy of r/doom)

In the meantime, Update 2 can now be downloaded - on Steam, at least.

Edited by Vic Vos

3 hours ago, AtimZarr1 said:

The "Retro Revenant" is a Master Skin and moves in blocky bits - like a sprite would. You can see it in the above trailer.

I blocky movement should just be for the emotes.

…how is that Revenant not the base variant?

No seriously, how? It’s far more in line with the “classic”-looking demons like the Soldiers, Mancubi, and Pain Elementals.