Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dweller Dark

If you could create a Doom comedy/sitcom, what would it be and which existing series would it take inspiration from?

My  idea would be like a Doom version of Seinfeld, set in New York during Doom 2. Jerry is a normal Imp, George is a Pinky, Kramer is an Archvile, Newman is a Mancubus, Elaine would be a Revenant. They all live in a damaged apartment with the exact same layout as on Seinfeld, but with more glowing pentagrams and Satanic imagery and blood. And of course, the series would end with Doomguy busting in and slaughtering them all.

On the Hunt is the opening song. Archvile and Revenant living together in a cozy house in Doom City, a la Two and a Half Men. Imp and Pinky are their friends and ocassionally come to have fun with them, or talk about work and stuff. A lost soul is their asshat, angry boss when on their work, where they have to either kill Doomguy or some space marines, or invade some place, or steal something valuable at x location. There's lots of jokes of them abusing their zombie partners for being inferior, and satanic puns. Also mancubi and cacodemons come as potential girlfriends for them both, but they never manage to tell them about their love and always fuck it up somehow. The intermission music is the credits theme. There's also lots of 1950's laugh track sounds here and there.

Good enough? 

Edited by Saltman

16 minutes ago, Saltman said:

On the Hunt is the opening song. Archvile and Revenant living together in a cozy house in Doom City, a la Two and a Half Men. Imp and Pinky are their friends and ocassionally come to have fun with them, or talk about work and stuff. A lost soul is their asshat, angry boss when on their work, where they have to either kill Doomguy or some space marines, or invade some place, or steal something valuable at x location. There's lots of jokes of them abusing their zombie partners for being inferior, and satanic puns. Also mancubi and cacodemons come as potential girlfriends for them both, but they never manage to tell them about their love and always fuck it up somehow. The intermission music is the credits theme. There's also lots of 1950's laugh track sounds here and there.

Good enough? 

Yeah, I like it. And it'd also be pretty funny to see an Archvile/Revenant but hear Charlie Sheen's voice.

I want it to be like All In The Family where an Arch-Vile plays the role of Archie Bunker. 

I'm probably sidetracking here, but there's a GZDoom machinima that took (partial?) inspirations from "An X has fallen in the river of Lego city".

It's pretty interesting to watch.

Also this guy has made a bunch of Doom animations.

Doom 3 is ripe for comedy. People can complain about their shitty jobs, Betruger will make silly threats that no one takes seriously until something bad happens and then he laughs really loudly as a result. Not being able to see anything, or using a weapon and a flashlight at the same time as running gags. And of course, the shotgun never being able to hit anything further than three feet; it's actually preferred as a more powerful truncheon to the flashlight in most cases.

Okay but... Doom sit-com but it gets progressively ridiculous like "Family Matters".

At first it's just lowkey family sit-com thingy, but its working in UAC. Whoever gets to replicate Urkel makes weird experiments and brings in more and more mess into the UAC that in the end Doom happens and Hell invades, show is over.

But due to popularity with viewers the writers write up a new season with what happens after Hell invades, and it's even more cheesier than ever.

9 hours ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I'm probably sidetracking here, but there's a GZDoom machinima that took (partial?) inspirations from "An X has fallen in the river of Lego city".

I've seen a lot of GamingGargoyle's stuff, that guy can make really good videos. My favorite is The Escape because of the laughing Cacodemon that gets shot trying to fly over the prison wall.

There’s a cartoonist who did a load of funny Doom monster mini-comics, giving the monsters and Doomguy a weird friendly kill-or-be-killed relationship - I used to love it, I’m still disappointed it ended!

https://doommonsters.tumblr.com/

On 5/8/2020 at 1:24 AM, DangerousDave said:

the series would end with Doomguy busting in and slaughtering them all.

That is basically how the Seinfeld actually ended. I'd imagine a DOOM sitcom sort of like the SNL version of The Hobbit Office

Monty Doomguy's Flying Hell Circus.

Picture it now: The Fist-Slapping Dance. The Dead Imp Sketch. Nobody expects the Demonic Inquisition.

Let's make it happen, people.

I think ideally it would be an animated 11-minute Adult Swim series in the tonal+stylistic vein of Metalocalypse.

On 5/8/2020 at 4:26 AM, Lila Feuer said:

Doom 3 is ripe for comedy. People can complain about their shitty jobs, Betruger will make silly threats that no one takes seriously until something bad happens and then he laughs really loudly as a result. Not being able to see anything, or using a weapon and a flashlight at the same time as running gags. And of course, the shotgun never being able to hit anything further than three feet; it's actually preferred as a more powerful truncheon to the flashlight in most cases.

That's it, there needs to be a laugh track mod that plays whenever the shotgun is fired in Doom 3.

Lmfao I just thought about the intro for the sitcom being the Two and a Half Men song but they sing "Doom Doom Doom DooDooom DooDoom Doom, Doom🎶" instead of "men".

On 5/8/2020 at 12:27 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

That is really impressive for a Doom machinima movie. I remember years ago when some guy wanted to have a specialized ZDoom build made just for machinima films. I hope that guy saw this movie here.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:27 AM, TheNoob_Gamer said:

I wasn't a fan of the humor but still really nice, i would like to see this guy do these but with everything actually done ingame so u can play it yourself