Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
instagib

unlucky moments

whats the most unlucky thing that has happened while you were playing doom(videos and pics are allowed)

dying and hitting that button from your last save, and it brings you back 2 levels.

i was playing some wad's MAP30 (i dont remember) and when i was one rocket from killing the final boss, a lost soul appeared in front of me and when i shot the last rocket, it exploded on my face and i died...

Then i loaded my last save, in map 24

Fighting a massive, long and precarious battle against a huge horde of demons including Barons, Archviles and Pain Elementals, only then to be taken out by a stray Zombieman in the distance who got lucky.

I've rage quit over less.

Getting killed by an unsuspecting Zombieman hehehe. At least I save often.

39 minutes ago, NoXion said:

Fighting a massive, long and precarious battle against a huge horde of demons including Barons, Archviles and Pain Elementals, only then to be taken out by a stray Zombieman in the distance who got lucky.

The feelz

shooting a rocket into a group of enemies, but then the rocket explodes right in my face because there was a spectre really close to me

Being 1 shotgun blast short of killing an arch-vile who then casually runs around and resurrects a load of hell knights... Happens to me more often than I'd like Q_Q

I am a respawn category speedrunner so the unluckiest thing that can happen to me is using the rocket launcher against a group of enemies and suddenly an enemy in front of you respawns right in your face and you weren't expecting it at all to happen. 

Killing a group of revenants and starting off to the next fight only to be killed by the rocket that's been tailing your position for last six seconds. This is why I always run behind cover even if it almost looks safe, because there's always the one homing missile you didn't count on...

Also being sniped and killed by revenants you can't see from the other side of the map. Good times. :(

Accidentally saving instead of loading. And/or the other way round. Especially if I'm depending on one save. I use 3 saves now in fear of that happening again XD

51 minutes ago, Fonze said:

Had a funny GAD moment today where I gibbed an imp then rocketed its flying gibs as they flew by my face:

That's amazing, I didn't even know you could shoot corpses-in-progress. Is that just PrBoom+ ?

Yeah lol, -complevel 3 no less! I knew that there was a point during the death animation that corpses were flagged pass through but I always thought it was much sooner. I feel like I've been bamboozled 🙃

So on this z4zwWfD.png frame the corpse is still solid, but on this F0wm3j0.png frame it's not.

It looks like you just clipped it before it went unsolid. A spectacular failure if there ever was one.

Haha, I guess so. Thanks for the info on when exactly they go unsolid; that's cool to know!