Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blastfrog

Announcement to mappers: New lava-fall texture

lfall.gif

DBRAIN1 through DBRAIN4 are now as seen above. No longer do you have to resort to scrolling the firewall left, or using the bloodfall, or even avoid using lava.

Just thought I should give the mappers a heads-up on this. This should be available starting in the nightly build on May 10th.

Nice work Blastfrog! I like it when Freedoom has textures that improve on Doom's while remaining compatible.

I've been very slowly working on an update to Map10, and there are parts of that map where I originally wanted to use a lava fall texture so this is a welcome addition!

Screenshot_Doom_20200510_190451.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200510_190458.png

I guess to say for a comparison... The blood falls have been replaced, but then you got the 2nd shot which being FIREBLU instead of lava falls.
Although as of the recent builds at this time, the liquid is all blood from the falls to the ground, and yet their is that little tub of lava near the 1st shot which is still lava and not blood for some reason. Also the lavafall textures are not in yet it seems, unless that failed to get in.

You're right that my new version of the map hasn't got in yet. I recently discovered that I was working from an older version of the map, because another mapper made changes since my last version. This includes using blood instead of lava, changes to the decoration and pickup placement, etc.

So, now I'm working on reconciling this version with my version, and not knowing of any tools to help automate this, it's quite time consuming. >_<

20 hours ago, Starman the Blaziken said:

Also the lavafall textures are not in yet it seems, unless that failed to get in.

They've been in since May. Check the Github repo or the autobuilds, it's definitely in there. Unless you meant its use in maps, which I'm unsure if any maps actually use it yet or not.

I do not think a single map uses it yet at this point. I would have expected a map to have used it by now, but with all the proposed map changes or complete swaps I do not think that texture has been lucky to be used yet outside of Pink Fish's still going edits.