Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fraggle

Generating words out of the UAC logo texture

Lol

This would have been an interesting application of WadC!

actually probably Liquorice since you could ingest a dictionary directly which WadC could not 

Edited by Jon

Now let's see if this can handle some copypastas (at least the shorter ones).

That's pretty sweet.   Also, here's a useful texture made of lettering from the load of Doom Art Romero released:

T_LETTER.png

I have linedefs divided into 16 length sections with 24 tall surfaces and offset each character appropriately.

This is great :)

You can get a rough F out of the A, though it's definitely not as nice looking as other letters.

8PAdx7d.png

If you let yourself use y- offsets you can use the bottom part of the U to make it a bit nicer, as well as for some more letters, but I get the appeal of doing it with x-offsets only. The shading between segments is off, so again still not quite as nice looking.

MI4lx1H.png

edit: I see doom_txt already had an F. I guess if you go one column at a time you could improve it still...

fgV3MIo.png

Edited by plums

On 5/10/2020 at 11:03 AM, Maggle said:

Awooca isn't even a real word! That's cheating!

Awooca Doom.  Someone get on that

In game UAC/Hellfitti has become a reality.

Now it would be fun if Hellspawn like the Imp or Grunt start spraying their ''mark/tag'' everywhere around a map. Something like ''Henry The Hellspawn was here'' or ''Ingrid the Imp is AASTINKY!''

This raises some interesting questions though:

• Would hellspawn be British, like Fraggle?
  • How would Imp's spray their words around the wall if all they can do is launch fireballs?

TLDR:

I am so confused by this contraption.

This is a good example of the web / darkweb disconnect, as @Scuba Steve on Discord has since figured out all 26 letters and some punctuation to boot.

all-letters.zip

So I did the obvious thing and made a WAD with (most of) the Navy Seal copypasta.

navyseal.wad.zip

There is another copypasta I am aware of but I will leave it as an exercise for the reader.

Couldn't you make an "N" or "M" (or any other letter which requires a single middle stroke) by abusing 1-px wide textures and playing with Y-offsetting the bottom, middle part of the letter "U"?

Edit: after watching that video, this technique could still be used to e.g. make a cleaner 'H' and 'T'.

On 5/10/2020 at 9:43 AM, Jon said:

Lol

This would have been an interesting application of WadC!

actually probably Liquorice since you could ingest a dictionary directly which WadC could not 

I shouldn't have done this (especially this late at night) but here's an homage implementation in 60-ish lines of Haskell (using Liquorice)

https://github.com/jmtd/liquorice/blob/master/examples/shawn.hs

DOOM0002.png

On 5/13/2020 at 11:11 AM, Linguica said:

This is a good example of the web / darkweb disconnect, as @Scuba Steve on Discord has since figured out all 26 letters and some punctuation to boot.

all-letters.zip

So I did the obvious thing and made a WAD with (most of) the Navy Seal copypasta.

navyseal.wad.zip

There is another copypasta I am aware of but I will leave it as an exercise for the reader.

Just Poetry on the wall, perfect!

I can see this being used for easter eggs and things like "Thanks for Playing!"