Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_SloVinator

[NOW ON /IDGAMES/] Infernovasion - E1 Replacement of Ultimate DooM

Played the whole set and, I must say that's a good wad episode but lacked the necessity of a boss in the last map. Aside of that, I recommend to the people to play it. The best map imo is the secret map.

This is great. A perfect example of how an UDoom wad must be, with combats in narrow rooms. There is a lot of darkness but the lights are optimized very well. It has reminded me of Sigil but in tech-base theme. I'm waiting for the E2 (and E3). However, I think E1M7 and E1M8 need more difficulty, especially the M8 exit room, which has no enemies: I was waiting a very hard combat and suddenly I saw the endscreen :(. Maybe 4-6 barons or a cyberdemon would have been good stuff there.

Great work!!

Diving straight in.

First level is cool - I appreciated the chained secrets very much. The fights were harder there too - but well worth it. Let's see where this episode takes me next :D

Ait, E1M3: there is a secret crate whose walls you lower by pressing a panel switch. But there is nothing inside the crate. Is that intentional? I am playing on UV.

On 5/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, Firedust said:

Ait, E1M3: there is a secret crate whose walls you lower by pressing a panel switch. But there is nothing inside the crate. Is that intentional? I am playing on UV.

I checked & there should be a green armor inside on all difficulties.

That's strange.

What source port do you use?

4 hours ago, Firedust said:

Zdoom 2.8.1. Could I have wall-grabbed it by accident?

Definitely because I don't see it disappearing in any way.

In that case, just activate a secret & touch the inner part of the crate if you care about 100 % secrets.

I'll keep this in mind for my future projects. Thanks!

Beat the episode! Cool stuff, thank you for making this! My only gripe is the apparent lack of verticality in the majority of encounters. If you ever decide to make e2, keep that in mind - if you agree, of course :)

10 hours ago, Firedust said:

Beat the episode! Cool stuff, thank you for making this! My only gripe is the apparent lack of verticality in the majority of encounters. If you ever decide to make e2, keep that in mind - if you agree, of course :)

Not sure what you mean by verticality.

I can't promise for episode 2 but I'll see. Thanks for playing!

Just finished a run-through on UV. I've grown to prefer pistol starts recently but decided to play continuous based on your recommendation. You definitely nailed the "atmospheric" bit: the levels are all suitably atmospheric with all the clever design/architectural details, great use of light/darkness, and perfectly-chosen music. Mostly enjoyed the combat too, the tight corridors and rooms certainly make for something of an exciting playthrough. Combat mostly manages to avoid feeling like the slog that Ultimate Doom can occasionally feel like for me, too. That said, there may be a bit too much teleporting in of monsters for my tastes. Not an objectively negative thing, just more personal preference really. Like previous posters, I also feel that the final exit room of M8 could've maybe offered a final sting in the tail after the blue key room—which I quite liked, by the way—drains your resources.

Good fun overall though. Good job! Wouldn't mind a couple more episodes, really.

Just finished, I had a blast! Great work! (and loving light/shadow details).