Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeyScoots

Dwango - Reborn (Community Project) BETA OUT

titlepic.png.e9ebd72dc86d33fe846cdc44f6e34f82.png

EDIT: Removed the meme because people got sensative and offended. Wasn't trying to make it political at all but others are the reason we can't enjoy funny things anymore. MOVING ON

Wednesday, 5/8, 9 pm. It had been the first time I played Doom 2 deathmatch since Zandronum was actually known as Skulltag at the time. I loaded into a server with 15 others from the Doom Federation USQC (Us Quake Community). After playing a few rounds of 16 player dm on maps designed for 4-8 players I immediately noticed the flaws and imbalance in place. In an effort to make online deathmatch for the masses fun again, I put work on Hell Unleashed to a hold to polish off 6 of my favorite maps from Dwango 5.

The goal:

-----------

Resize, Re-Scale, Re-Texture and Re-balance the best of the best maps from all our favorite Dwango mapsets. 16 spawn spots should be included in each map. Detail should be added (but never ever in the players way). Make sure when each player spawns they have a fair chance of acquiring a shotgun, ssg or chaingun within seconds.

I am open to additions and such as some of these maps were just downright bad.

Textures:

This project is currently utilizing Otex 1.0 and for that, all maps must be Boom compatible. Any skies must be resized to be compatible with Zdaemon.

Current Maps Finished -

DWANGO 5 - Map 01 (Myself)

DWANGO 5 - MAP 05 (Myself)

DWANGO 5 - MAP 06 (Myself)

DWANGO 5 - MAP 12 (Myself)

DWANGO 5 - MAP 13 (Myself)

DWANGO 5 - MAP 15 (Myself)

Works in Progress -

Slots 7-32 Currently OPEN!

CURRENT BUILD HERE:

Beta V0.1

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lrsbkOaMyvSk_TZRa2R3lkLednb3ApGb/view?usp=sharing

If we could get a full megawad of levels like this, I think it would really take off within the community. 26 slots are currently open, you get to pick which levels from any Dwango set you think would make a good fit if it were redone.

Screenshot_Doom_20200508_231631.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_113530.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200509_220634.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200511_023610.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200510_144556.png

Screenshot_Doom_20200511_163225.png

Edited by Bloodskull

Dwango collectively has more than 400 maps, less than 10 of which are memorable for being good. It was never great. Make something original.

3 minutes ago, Decay said:

Dwango collectively has more than 400 maps, less than 10 of which are memorable for being good. It was never great. Make something original.

Dwango is still the #1 played wad, #5 the most. The goal is to make those maps good but I appreciate the comment.

They won't get played. You are literally wasting your time. The reason why people play D5 still is 100% nostalgia holding them and it's sheer simplicity. They will not drop the original for this.

Well it's mainly being made for the DF and USQC as I posted up top originally and they are very much down with it. Do you like being negative alot or..?

trump dwango

Oh boy, how many people you will haveagainst you for this picture. There was some drama for Edge port revival using the famous Trump tagline...

Anyway, map remakes looks really good, but I second Decay here with more originality in the project, at least if you want to make a "Dwango Reborn", how about people making a DM layout based upon their favorite maps?

That's the first thing I thought just reading the post title, instead of a simple maps tune-up...

1 minute ago, Walter confetti said:

trump dwango

Oh boy, how many people you will against you for this picture. There was some drama for Edge port revival using the famous Trump tagline...

Anyway, map remakes looks really good, but I second Decay here with more originality in the project, at least if you want to make a "Dwango Reborn", how about people making a DM layout based upon their favorite maps?

That's the first thing I thought just reading the post title, instead of a simple maps tune-up...

Im open to that as well.

25 minutes ago, Bloodskull said:

Well it's mainly being made for the DF and USQC as I posted up top originally and they are very much down with it. Do you like being negative alot or..?

I do. But I'm also very sick of seeing very little original made for PVP/FFA, especially in recent times.

These tuneup versions of old Dwango maps look pretty neat so far judging from the screenshots although I'm sadly taking a break from mapping until further notice.

However, I do wish you luck and hope other people will join up on this :)

1 hour ago, Walter confetti said:

trump dwango

Oh boy, how many people you will have against you for this picture. There was some drama for Edge port revival using the famous Trump tagline...

In all fairness, George W Bush was use for the title pic in 32in24 3 Dual Core from his infamous "Mission Accomplish" photo so I don't see a problem with memeing bad presidents to promote your projects.

32in24-3_title.png

1 hour ago, Philnemba said:

These tuneup versions of old Dwango maps look pretty neat so far judging from the screenshots although I'm sadly taking a break from mapping until further notice.

However, I do wish you luck and hope other people will join up on this :)

In all fairness, George W Bush was use for the title pic in 32in24 3 Dual Core from his infamous "Mission Accomplish" photo so I don't see a problem with memeing bad presidents to promote your projects.

32in24-3_title.png

Not only that, but I'd like to clarify I hate Trump. It was just too perfect of a memertunity to pass.

It's lookin' good.
I can understand the distaste for DWANGO, I for one I'm not a fan;
but you should always give something a chance before discarding it as a whole.

If its a good wad, its a good wad! DWANGO ain't gonna change that.

12 hours ago, Philnemba said:

bad presidents

11 hours ago, Bloodskull said:

I hate Trump

I'm getting tired of the blatant hate training going on around here and everywhere else on the internet. Stop interjecting your opinions into everything because you don't agree with their views. Keep shit like this to yourself just like I have to. There's plenty of things I don't like or agree with but I can't say it or else I'm the one who would get banned or warnings issued to. You can see my old warning to understand what I mean.

Really it would be best to stop using politics in general and even political memes in a non-political board because there will be people like me who don't appreciate it.

8 hours ago, Nevander said:

I'm getting tired of the blatant hate training going on around here and everywhere else on the internet. Stop interjecting your opinions into everything because you don't agree with their views. Keep shit like this to yourself just like I have to. There's plenty of things I don't like or agree with but I can't say it or else I'm the one who would get banned or warnings issued to. You can see my old warning to understand what I mean.

Really it would be best to stop using politics in general and even political memes in a non-political board because there will be people like me who don't appreciate it.

Your complaint has been successfully filed in the complaint box.

31 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Thanks. I appreciate it!

13 hours ago, Nevander said:

Personally I just find it distasteful that a wad series which I generally like (dwango in general) is now associated with this imagery. Even if this project isn't finished that image will stick around and we'll prolly be plagued by altright and other political bullshit in the future when we just want to dm on a classic set of maps everyone is familiar with equally. Regardless of the author's intentions, (death of the author and all) people will see and cling to that type of imagery, then turn it to fit their own crazy bullshit beliefs. Maybe even myself included here from the other end of things. But I think this goes further to highlight that maybe this type of extremely divisive political imagery is not appropriate for this hobby. 

5 hours ago, Fonze said:

Personally I just find it distasteful that a wad series which I generally like (dwango in general) is now associated with this imagery. Even if this project isn't finished that image will stick around and we'll prolly be plagued by altright and other political bullshit in the future when we just want to dm on a classic set of maps everyone is familiar with equally. Regardless of the author's intentions, (death of the author and all) people will see and cling to that type of imagery, then turn it to fit their own crazy bullshit beliefs. Maybe even myself included here from the other end of things. But I think this goes further to highlight that maybe this type of extremely divisive political imagery is not appropriate for this hobby. 

Literally you are the only one trying to keep this political. This is a community project thread, if you have any issues or complaints you may private message me.

10 hours ago, Doomkid said:

That reminds me, did you ever get my map for RR2? Its been done.

12 hours ago, Doomkid said:

image.png.a64480d677c690316130f5adc5b94e0a.png

14 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

That reminds me, did you ever get my map for RR2? Its been done.

I'll make sure to grab it from the discord! I only sign on once every few weeks usually, not intentionally, I just never got in the habit of signing in daily..

49 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

I'll make sure to grab it from the discord! I only sign on once every few weeks usually, not intentionally, I just never got in the habit of signing in daily..

Copy!