Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedSpartan

Doom 3 Cut content

Hey guys are there any more things in the game files that we don’t know of???

I would also like to know if There is a model for Birdman:

IMG_7522.JPG.527e4b84b59a47c9d0d4d7141020873f.JPG

apparently this is how a baron of hell would’ve looked like in Doom 3:

IMG_7523.JPG.f21ab68732a64933b5c84c5b96edb505.JPGAnd apperently this local tga image is in the game files:

IMG_7524.JPG.2e0655714d4ad7dc1426e470e4bac5ea.JPGI have abosolutly no idea what this is from what I can tell it’s not a zombie too much flesh and some areas do not look human at all

Interesting that all depictions of barons of hell, both fan-made and id-made, give him horns, to make him different from the hell knight.

You can get the baron of hell into Doom 3 by downloading the monster by Revility (I think it's on moddb). It's basically a hell knight with horns, different sounds, more health and red plasmaballs. Overall still a rather slow monster and easy to kill with the SSG.

I'd love to see the bird monster. I hope he wasn't going to just be another imp reskin, like the vulgar turned out to be. Too bad Romero wasn't there during Doom 3 to release lost art the same way he managed to do with Doom 1 :(

Edited by printz

Birdie isn't in the leaked alpha version? The wiki says it's an early Hell knight.

I traced the Baron art to Brett Briley's Artstation page, which seems to suggest it was intended for RoE, so it's probably one of the hunters.

Also of note from that page:

Spoiler

brett-briley-spark-dm-22.jpg?1431113824

Early Artifacts, one of which looks kind of like Hexen's mana pickups and those things that surround the Herisiarch. The round ones open up to become the triangular ones, and the coloration seems to indicate which powers you have so far.

brett-briley-spark-dm-3.jpg?1431113817

Forgotten Ones with spine tails.

brett-briley-spark-dm-2.jpg?1431113816

Early Super Shotgun.

brett-briley-spark-dm-33.jpg?1431113832

A monster with a gun that reminds me of the Gristle Gun.

brett-briley-spark-dm-10.jpg?1431113825brett-briley-spark-dm-8.jpg?1431113822

Lots of Bruisers from back when it was supposed to look like any other monitor at first glance. These two in particular interest me because of some of the alternate weapons attached.

brett-briley-spark-dm-40.jpg?1431113839brett-briley-spark-dm-41.jpg?1431113834

One demon went through a lot of horns, some of which Briley seems to have recycled for Doom 4.

brett-briley-spark-dm-12.jpg?1431113827

More Forgotten Ones, now with chain tails.

brett-briley-spark-dm-16.jpg?1431113831

More Artifacts.

brett-briley-spark-dm-18.jpg?1431113835

Grabber designs, some of which appear to be a more traditional grappling hook. Considering how important those were to CTF in Quake, it may have been made with that mode in mind, and then the success of HL2's Gravity Gun steered them away from that idea? All speculation of course.

brett-briley-spark-dm-35.jpg?1431113836

Even more artifacts, including one that would become the pre-"oh it's a sword" Crucible.

Nice find! @SiFi270

@DoomedSpartan Where is that normal map from ?

As far as I know, Arl re-animated the Shell of the Invul Hunter, ChupaReaper did the anims for the Spider Mastermind which eventually got modded in-game. He also did modify the mesh to Arch-vlie like, with skins. 

The Recall to Hell guys remade the Birdie monster , but that was unreleased sadly.

4 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

I traced the Baron art to Brett Briley's Artstation page, which seems to suggest it was intended for RoE, so it's probably one of the hunters.

Hide contents

Early Artifacts, one of which looks kind of like Hexen's mana pickups and those things that surround the Herisiarch. The round ones open up to become the triangular ones, and the coloration seems to indicate which powers you have so far.

Early Super Shotgun.

Lots of Bruisers from back when it was supposed to look like any other monitor at first glance. These two in particular interest me because of some of the alternate weapons attached.

One demon went through a lot of horns, some of which Briley seems to have recycled for Doom 4.

More Artifacts.

Grabber designs, some of which appear to be a more traditional grappling hook. Considering how important those were to CTF in Quake, it may have been made with that mode in mind, and then the success of HL2's Gravity Gun steered them away from that idea? All speculation of course.

Even more artifacts, including one that would become the pre-"oh it's a sword" Crucible.

That's some pretty awesome finds, good thing you've managed to trace his page.

Bit of a shame that some of these designs are much cooler than what we ended up with, such as the SSG. That demon with a gun looks a lot like the HK, maybe that's the reason why it was cut as well.

The Grabber's more traditional look kinda confirms something I've constantly imagined in my mind for a while, for some inexplainable reason. The name always made me think of a more traditional grappling hook device, and the sketches do indicate that that was indeed the case in its early iteration - random revelation I guess. Wish they went through with this design instead of the one in RoE, it looks more original and likely functionally different too, to make it less similar to HL2's GG.

Not sure what to make of the artifacts though, if they ever really served any meaningful purpose.

Grappling hook sounds like scaling equipment, which would tether you to a rope while imps burn you to death. Or it snaps off and you die. 

I just realized, what I thought was some kind of demonic gun is actually the monster's tail.

7 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

250px-Hl_agrunt01_2.png

I know it's most likely just be a coincidence but I couldn't help but think of armor-less agrunt looking at this image.

20 hours ago, printz said:

Interesting that all depictions of barons of hell, both fan-made and id-made, give him horns, to make him different from the hell knight.

You can get the baron of hell into Doom 3 by downloading the monster by Revility (I think it's on moddb). It's basically a hell knight with horns, different sounds, more health and red plasmaballs. Overall still a rather slow monster and easy to kill with the SSG.

I'd love to see the bird monster. I hope he wasn't going to just be another imp reskin, like the vulgar turned out to be. Too bad Romero wasn't there during Doom 3 to release lost art the same way he managed to do with Doom 1 :(

The I’d version looked terrifying,The fan made sucks.Im aware If been modding my self my baron of hell throws 3 fire balls.He just spams fire balls and it’s taller than a Hell knight.If I were to make the bird monster I’d make him as agile as an imp with the size of a Hell knight and make him crawl in walls

15 hours ago, SiFi270 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Early Super Shotgun.

More Artifacts.

Looks more Baron than hunters.But all 3 hunters had concept designed the most similar  being the Helltime hunter

The Mancubus in Doom 3 was meant to have a vagina, but the vagina was cut. Luckily, we still have the original concept art of the vagina Mancubus:

Spoiler

MY7Z1N2.jpg

15 hours ago, PaulRazvan95 said:

Nice find! @SiFi270

@DoomedSpartan Where is that normal map from ?

As far as I know, Arl re-animated the Shell of the Invul Hunter, ChupaReaper did the anims for the Spider Mastermind which eventually got modded in-game. He also did modify the mesh to Arch-vlie like, with skins. 

The Recall to Hell guys remade the Birdie monster , but that was unreleased sadly.

He re-animated it and dint release it.I already worked on that enemy it’s called the behemoth.I dint re-animate do but the model works fine with the invul hunters animations. Check it out in my article on mods. What arch-vile modifications tell me more?

Yeah that’s not the Spidermastermind ChuppaReaper just made the model bigger the real mastermind has arms

Sad that recall got canceled would’ve love to see birdie in action.Ok I want to rename birdie to Hell Razer

7 hours ago, sluggard said:

250px-Hl_agrunt01_2.png

I know it's most likely just be a coincidence but I couldn't help but think of armor-less agrunt looking at this image.

Looks like an early hunter design.But yeah similarities are heavy.Maybe it got recycled 

Guys quick note ChuppaReapers Model is the Arachnotron not the Spidermastermind 

This is The arachnotron: 52884BD7-7CF0-4CA0-B04C-C9884EDF57D8.png.be629888c32abef26305a153b48b22d4.pngThat’s what Chuppa Reaper did he just made it bigger and added more legs.This is also going to be in Doom 3 Phobos 

The Real Spidermastermind:

-Concept art

IMG_7530.JPG.e4ccfe1eb4f09014b167762210f008da.JPG -fan model:IMG_7531.JPG.6119f476ad963db652284d113aa4a1d5.JPG

A really nice model with weapons 

IMG_7532.JPG.85657fd3813a69937061fc6af25ea267.JPGI just got these images from the internet.But this Should be the correct Spidermastermind model.While the other is the arachnotron 

16 hours ago, PaulRazvan95 said:

Where is that normal map from

It’s in the game files.But it’s impossible to tell what it is it’s not a Zombie too fleshy and head has weird shape no idea what it is

Really digging the cut baron. Those horns look cool. I was also a bit bummed that bidman didn't make the cut.

2 hours ago, Deimos said:

Really digging the cut baron. Those horns look cool. I was also a bit bummed that bidman didn't make the cut.

I think the problem with the Birdman is that it doesn't look too original, and it probably wasn't too unique in terms of abilities either.

It looks like a blend of Imp and HK - besides, it allegedly is an early HK too. Wish the Barons made the cut though, the drawings are amazing, definitely better than the 2016/Eternal take on the enemy IMO, particularly the face.

3 hours ago, seed said:

I think the problem with the Birdman is that it doesn't look too original, and it probably wasn't too unique in terms of abilities either.

It looks like a blend of Imp and HK - besides, it allegedly is an early HK too. Wish the Barons made the cut though, the drawings are amazing, definitely better than the 2016/Eternal take on the enemy IMO, particularly the face.

Original enough to spark some reaction at least i remember lol. I know what you mean, i just like his head so much.

2 minutes ago, Deimos said:

Original enough to spark some reaction at least i remember lol. I know what you mean, i just like his head so much.

No I meant in relation to the HK. If it was going to be a separate enemy, the head would've been the only notable difference between them.

Coming back to the Baron, it almost has a royal flair in these sketches. More fitting for the title I'd say.

2 minutes ago, seed said:

No I meant in relation to the HK. If it was going to be a separate enemy, the head would've been the only notable difference between them.

Oh i totally got what you meant don't worry, i just like his head so i was sad not seeing  that mean beak and glowing eyes in the game.
I meant that people bashed the bird look of it when the first video popped up.

1 hour ago, seed said:

Coming back to the Baron, it almost has a royal flair in these sketches. More fitting for the title I'd say.

Definitely horns do look a bit much but The body face, hooves and head looks cool and scary.I would’ve pissed my pants.If this jumpscared me

7 hours ago, Deimos said:

Is birdmans files in the E3 demo.Its a good possibility if it’s there I would really like to grab it and make new animations Like crawling on walls and Sealing 

On 5/12/2020 at 8:35 AM, SiFi270 said:

Hide contents

I'm pretty sure what you're interpreting as a gun is actually the end of the tail of the beastie.

I think the bump map belongs to the zombie shown at 20:00. There was no such zombie in the final version.

24 minutes ago, Pankrat said:

I think the bump map belongs to the zombie shown at 20:00. There was no such zombie in the final version.

Nah That zombie is Definitely Boney 

Could it be some final and revised version of the tailed monster and the two pieces floating at the top of the picture be for the tip of the tail?

The normal map is from this:

brett-briley-spark-dm-1.jpg?1431113814

Seems like the design reached an ingame model, but was never used in the end, just like the rest of Brett Briley work for RoE.