Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nanami

Finally! Doom!

Aah! Okay, probably dumb to start a new thread, but I have to say this.

I got Final Doom today (collector set and stuff) and I played a few levels of TNT. IT ROCKED! Who made these levels? Where can I get more like these? These have to be some of the best Doom levels I've ever played.

The new textures are neat. The only ones I really would want to use are the extra crates (the tan ones that AREN'T 64 units high), but I'd have to take the TNT sign off of them first.

I noticed when I opened DeePsea that the levels actually have added monsters for multiplayer, instead of a random Cyberdemon every once in a while like Doom II. I was suggesting my friend and I play a co-op game of Plutonia because neither of us have any idea what to expect, so it should be fun to do. I saw that level ONE had a Spider Mastermind and lots of added Revenants. That's going to be fun...

By the way, I warped to level 30 of TNT and noticed how you can't beat the level. Isn't it a bug of some sort? Isn't there a patch I can download? I also seem to remember playing this level before somewhere, but I can't remember where from. I DISTINCTLY remember the colored flares that you have to do in order, or else you die.

Okay, that's the end of my rant... ^_^

By the way, I warped to level 30 of TNT and noticed how you can't beat the level. Isn't it a bug of some sort? Isn't there a patch I can download? I also seem to remember playing this level before somewhere, but I can't remember where from. I DISTINCTLY remember the colored flares that you have to do in order, or else you die.

I do recall some ports that has problems with the stair building near the red key...what port are you using?

..or do you mean map 31?

I noticed that problem with the Icon of Sin brain being covered by that red spot. I looked at it in an editor and it seems like it's supposed to open up when you cross the corner just after the colored torch indicators and all the guns and ammo in the beginning of the map. Why it doesn't work I have no idea.

ZDoom.

And my error was that, when I stand up at the top to launch rockets at the icon, the rockets hit JUST below the thing. I know because ZDoom shows the rocket blast spots. If I was maybe two units higher, I could do it.

And oh yes, I couldn't figure out MAP31 either. It seemed I needed a key and could never find any keys...

I figured it out. Forget what I said earlier about that door not opening. It does, in fact, open. However, when you aim from that top platform, the rockets actually hit too high, not too low. Try aiming from the steps (the ones that lower) instead.

Nanami said:

ZDoom.

And my error was that, when I stand up at the top to launch rockets at the icon, the rockets hit JUST below the thing. I know because ZDoom shows the rocket blast spots. If I was maybe two units higher, I could do it.

And oh yes, I couldn't figure out MAP31 either. It seemed I needed a key and could never find any keys...

About that, go to the DW patches section and find the TNT Map 31 fix, then use WinTex to merge it with your TNT IWAD (BE SURE TO BACK UP YOUR TNT IWAD BEOFRE DOING THIS)

Nanami gushed:
I got Final Doom today (collector set and stuff) and I played a few levels of TNT. IT ROCKED! Who made these levels? Where can I get more like these? These have to be some of the best Doom levels I've ever played.

TNT Evilution was made, appropriately enough, by TeamTNT. Plutonia was made by the Casali brothers. Activision did some editing over the whole project. If you liked TNT.wad, you're gonna love some of TeamTNT's other stuff.

Evilution map31 is missing a key. I think it's actually there but some multiplayer or difficulty flags were set wrong on it. They released a pwad to fix it as an official patch.

Aside from that annoyance which is easily fixed there's one thing I don't like about Final Doom. They made some changes to the exe which includes no more autorun by editing your default.cfg and setting joyb_speed to 51. Back when I played through Evilution and up to I think level23 or 24 of Plutonia Experiment I was using a keyboard only control configuration in which it always easy to always hold down a certain buttom to run (both hands on the keyboard). Since then I've switched to using the common wasd+mouse setup which is a pain to hold down a run button down with. I guess I'll be taping down a gamepad button when I get back to finishing Plutonia.

Ichor said:

I figured it out. Forget what I said earlier about that door not opening. It does, in fact, open. However, when you aim from that top platform, the rockets actually hit too high, not too low. Try aiming from the steps (the ones that lower) instead.

Correct. I was trying this level a few months ago and kept dying... till I saw a compet-n recording, and from where one was supposed to shoot at the spawner.

Gokuma said:

They made some changes to the exe which includes no more autorun by editing your default.cfg and setting joyb_speed to 51.

uh, i think it should be 31. unless you typoed it 51 ofcourse. i once typoed and set it to 32 and the fella was just walking, not running.

Nanami said:

ya, There are 2 ways to beat the thing, however, one is near impossible on single player. There's obviously the 'Fire the rocket into him brain' one after the hatch opens to reveal his brain, Then Theres the switch, which I can find is only availible in DM, due to having to start in a special place first. I also ran into the red key stair case problem using Legacy though. And I really enjoyed the torch stepping stone puzzle part. But of course like every other level, I beat it, and I really liked the level, great challange puzzles and teh best music evr. :D

Actually, if you use the One True Control Configuration, it's no trouble at all to hold down a single key whilst lacking autorun. ESDF all the way.

In any event, don't you have a "walk" key for modern games? Just use that as your run key.

Gokuma said:

Evilution map31 is missing a key. I think it's actually there but some multiplayer or difficulty flags were set wrong on it. They released a pwad to fix it as an official patch.

Aside from that annoyance which is easily fixed there's one thing I don't like about Final Doom. They made some changes to the exe which includes no more autorun by editing your default.cfg and setting joyb_speed to 51. Back when I played through Evilution and up to I think level23 or 24 of Plutonia Experiment I was using a keyboard only control configuration in which it always easy to always hold down a certain buttom to run (both hands on the keyboard). Since then I've switched to using the common wasd+mouse setup which is a pain to hold down a run button down with. I guess I'll be taping down a gamepad button when I get back to finishing Plutonia.

Just use the Doom2.exe that came with Doom2. Or rather, just load the Final Doom Iwads as pwads using Doom2.

Doom2 -file tnt.wad or Doom2 -file plutonia.wad. I've tried this and it works fine. That way you can use the autorun hack :)

Nanami said:

By the way, I warped to level 30 of TNT and noticed how you can't beat the level. Isn't it a bug of some sort?

The boss head is somewhat lower than it should be - you have to shoot at the nose, rather than the brain. (I found this out by looking at it through an editor)

/me downloads the new ZDoom thingy and goes to get the patch for level 31.

Thanks guys.

I also wanted to mention that I've been playing co-op Plutonia UV with my friend. Neither of us know what ANY of the levels are like, so we're exploring them and basically exploding every few feet from the AMAZINGLY high number of Arch-Viles, Revenants, Cyberdemons, and Chaingun Dudes. Yikes, it hurts a lot. But very fun. ^_^

Nanami said:

I also wanted to mention that I've been playing co-op Plutonia UV with my friend. Neither of us know what ANY of the levels are like, so we're exploring them and basically exploding every few feet from the AMAZINGLY high number of Arch-Viles, Revenants, Cyberdemons, and Chaingun Dudes. Yikes, it hurts a lot. But very fun. ^_^

Hehe yeah, I felt the same way when I first played Plutonia, cause before plutonia, I didnt play many wads with such difficulties. But eventually you get used to it after playing wads that just load in the big baddies. Fun fun! :D

If you like TNT:Evilution probably you enjoy Icarus as well. "Icarus" is a megawad i think from TeamTNT too, but free. Quite old but still fun, so search it and download.

Cya!

NokturnuS said:

If you like TNT:Evilution probably you enjoy Icarus as well. "Icarus" is a megawad i think from TeamTNT too, but free. Quite old but still fun, so search it and download.

Cya!

Ooo, I havent gotten around to that one yet, but I heard good things. Ill dl it now. :D

Nanami said:

Aah! Okay, probably dumb to start a new thread

not at all, this thread is legit to the forum, and its not a flame war, its perfectly okay imo, no worries. ^_^

..unless a mod sees otherwise, which I dunno why that would be :)

Originally posted by Lowtax at Something Awful
Dear AOL,

Please don't let anybody use your service. Ever.

Sincerely,
Rich "Lowtax" Kyanka

Whatever, Im going to sleep 1:40am, and I dont feel like wasting my time on BumBum here, and Im probably losered by the time a mod or admin gets on so, Latez all. Perhaps, for good? Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnn

Bum_Head said:

WTF IS LOSERE?d
YOu?!
!
HAHAHHA

OH EYAH YOU SAID FOR GOOD, DONT KILL YOUR SELF AND HAVE A FUN TIME SLEEPING WITH YOUR SOCK AND LOTION
LOLOLOLOLOOLLOOL

..Pfft, with him around on these forums...makes me wanna be losered.

DOOM Anomaly said:

..Pfft, with him around on these forums...makes me wanna be losered.

And when Doom3 comes out there will be hundreds of times more of those...

Aw dang. My mailbox was full of notices that all my subscribed threads had something new on them, but it was all from a lamer. =/

Nanami said:

Aw dang. My mailbox was full of notices that all my subscribed threads had something new on them, but it was all from a lamer. =/

heh...Sorry.

Strange... It says that there are 36 posts here, but I counted only 28 or so (not including this one), and page two looks like this.