Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DoomedSpartan

Doom 3 darkest maps you can remember

That level where a scientist guided you around with a lantern.

Edit: J. Edwards in Alpha Labs Sector 2.

I also remember that Alpha Labs were very dark in general.

Edited by Tetzlaff

All of the levels set in hell were pretty dark.

6 hours ago, Danzer said:

All of the levels set in hell were pretty dark.

Were they? I'm positive the two Hell levels were better-lit on average than pretty much the rest of the game.

17 hours ago, DoomedSpartan said:

Hi everyone I wanted to know which are the darkest levels in The Original Doom 3

Darkest in terms of lighting 

All of them

5 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Were they? I'm positive the two Hell levels were better-lit on average than pretty much the rest of the game.

I would call the Hell levels dimly lit. But you are right that they weren't the darkest levels in the game and you are able to maneuver them without the flashlight. There actually is no flashlight available in the Hell levels. In Alpha Labs on the other hand there were some pitch black areas you could only see with the help of the flashlight or other dynamic light sources.

@Bridgeburner56: Doom 3 is dark LOL

1 hour ago, Tetzlaff said:

I would call the Hell levels dimly lit. But you are right that they weren't the darkest levels in the game and you are able to maneuver them without the flashlight. There actually is no flashlight available in the Hell levels. In Alpha Labs on the other hand there were some pitch black areas you could only see with the help of the flashlight or other dynamic light sources.

@Bridgeburner56: Doom 3 is dark LOL

Yeah man Pitch black Now I see why the BFG Edition is brighter but then again that ruins it because you already have a shouder lamp they should’ve just kept the darkness and only add the shoulder lamp.Also there’s a mod that makes Doom 3 much darker than it already is https://www.moddb.com/mods/d3-in-the-dark