Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrocketRocket

You'd Think its Knee Deep

but its actually a KDITD style that's just one level made from memory of E1M1.

Made in UDMF GZDoom format for Doom II.

Don't let the screenshots fool you m8

• Jumping no
  • Mouselook off for true experince. (Unless you use it that's fine I won't judge)
  • Made for ZDoom, LzDoom ,and GZDoom
  • Only for Doom 2
  • Gameplay just moving and shooting
  • There's 2 difficulties. I tried to make it somewhat like KDITD, UV has shotgunners and more monsters while HMP has only zombiemen and imps.Screenshot_Doom_20200514_145803.png.a36a1738ffce8d18be5e4e5f1e5cc15e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20200514_145741.png.0f7f825fb3d8b56ca93ac002037a81c4.png

Have fun.

I need to replay KDITD again

Spoiler

Also if anyone can point me towards some clean support textures I'll be forever grateful.

Screenshot_Doom_20200514_145823.png

You'd think its Knee Deep ..zip

Edited by CrocketRocket : I tried unfucking things up

7 hours ago, CrocketRocket said:

point me towards some clean support textures

cc4-tex has fixed stock textures.

Why does this have to be UDMF? I don't see any of the exclusive features being featured in the screenshots, not even slopes.

This almost feels like it could very well be an official DooM level. The level designs here do remind me of E1 a lot with how Romero designed his maps back in the day. Nice work! :3

I kinda like this twist to the OG style that still keeps its original theme overall the same. Bonus points for remembering that no former sergeants appear on HMP difficulty (something a lot of E1M1 remakes keep forgetting XD).

I did notice a few things which sadly doesn't make this vanilla compatible, most notably:

1 - Wall textures used as flats

2 - mis-alligned flats

Also, you can't finish this map if you have activated the door for the exit once (the real exit door, not the fake one). The linedef only activates once, thus trapping you inside/outside the exit room.

3 hours ago, joe-ilya said:

cc4-tex has fixed stock textures.

Why does this have to be UDMF? I don't see any of the exclusive features being featured in the screenshots, not even slopes.

Thats pretty much the only format I've been using. I tried using Boom format but I kinda gave up since I was so used to auto alignment

Not trying to be a buzzkill here but KDIZD was done many years ago. I have no issue with you trying to make your own version, but if your not using the features of zdoom/gzdoom I don't understand why the udmf format. At least add lighting 3d water something man.

35 minutes ago, MikeyScoots said:

Not trying to be a buzzkill here but KDIZD was done many years ago. I have no issue with you trying to make your own version, but if your not using the features of zdoom/gzdoom I don't understand why the udmf format. At least add lighting 3d water something man.

Yea. I know about that. This was just made to see what I can do with E1M1 by memory and a twist. As for the udmf format. I had tried using boom doom before but just gave up and stuck with udmf.

Plus I coulda used what you said about those features as practice

Edited by CrocketRocket : Wanna add some more stuff to it

4 hours ago, CrocketRocket said:

Yea. I know about that. This was just made to see what I can do with E1M1 by memory and a twist. As for the udmf format. I had tried using boom doom before but just gave up and stuck with udmf.

Plus I coulda used what you said about those features as practice

You cant align floor and ceiling with any other format but UDMF, I dont know why you can't understand this rule with Boom. You just align ceiling lights to every 64x64 grid. Simple.

8 hours ago, joe-ilya said:

4 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

but if your not using the features of zdoom/gzdoom I don't understand why the udmf format. At least add lighting 3d water something man.

There's nothing wrong with using UDMF and not using the UDMF only features. I wish people would get off this mentality. Use whatever format is most comfortable for you as the mapper.

In fact, I intend to remake my old maps in UDMF instead of Boom format because UDMF is infinitely easier to work with in general.

3 hours ago, joe-ilya said:

Just because I asked a question doesn't mean I think something's wrong.

My bad.

Don't forget that there are/will be non-ZDoom based ports which support UDMF, e.g. 3DGE, Vavoom and Eternity (currently) and Doomsday (planned). Only using the basic features of the format means the levels should work in these other ports.

I enjoyed playing this map, It felt familiar but also different which hopefully was your intention!

I liked the looping design and how there were multiple paths through and around the map, alongside plenty of secrets to keep things interesting. The exit door trap also made me laugh and was quite fun. I did notice some unpegged doortrack textures which detracted a little.

The port choice is not one I would use for a map like this with basic linedef actions. I think having restricted actions such as doom2 format can breed creativity but this is all personal opinion, use whatever port you want.

Overall, enjoyable and nostalgic.

15 hours ago, MikeyScoots said:

You cant align floor and ceiling with any other format but UDMF, I dont know why you can't understand this rule with Boom. You just align ceiling lights to every 64x64 grid. Simple.

You really need to give up this sage of doom mapping gimmick, bloodskull.

5 hours ago, Marcaek said:

You really need to give up this sage of doom mapping gimmick, bloodskull.

LOL whatever bro. You do you k?