Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cheesewheel

CPD - LIMIT REMOVING DOOM2 MEGAWAD (FINAL RELEASE)

New maps incoming! I have made a little bit of headway into the final city episode of the megwad and have two maps open for testing for those inclined. I have also relegated the old map16 to map31 as I didn't think it fit properly and now map16 is a completely new map.

MAP16 - Painbase: As implied, another hellish pit to clear out.

MAP21 - Predator: Who is the predator? You are! You've returned to earth just in time to watch it burn, get revenge!

MAP22 - Ghost Town: Fight through the ruins to get closer to heart of the invasion.

Check the OP for new download link.

Spoiler

DOOM0000.png.8b0aa22d3cf5d44fc24fd8e6d3f7c404.pngDOOM0004.png.c72660e8d5da0178f5a2e35aeb76e8b6.pngDOOM0003.png.d0bf7f33e4807e7ae11f83674d138cd8.pngDOOM0002.png.91b6ac206ae77973dc02795c53a597db.pngDOOM0001.png.4fb6822c03ca71131bb810eb82747c8f.png

New update! My time to work on this project is sadly diminishing so I am throwing out my latest build to those interested. (Some CWILV is missing, etc...)

DOWNLOAD: CPD.zip

MAP23 - Rooftop Rumble - Self explanatory! (I need to see if you can get out of bounds in this map, I'm sure it is possible and that I have missed it!)

MAP24 - Cuboid - Super small, almost 1024 x 1024 map, hopefully very fast playing.

MAP25 - Nuked - A lovely jaunt through a nukage plant.

MAP26 - Corruption - Walk through corrupted city streets and high rises and clear them out!

MAP27 - Flesh Nest - A centre of infestion for the demons, sort it out!

Spoiler

DOOM0013.png.413ce7cedd1ccb342198ab05805d16c0.pngDOOM0012.png.e1ba42179fb453e4499ce32fe14ee4ff.pngDOOM0011.png.0c1e162f94d491146298c5a973b8dc9b.pngDOOM0010.png.767817d75baf8bcc1bd7a69a5cb7f1e8.pngDOOM0009.png.d2fd5a15433d18c670be3a5e367969c3.pngDOOM0007.png.d415f0382cbe518abb7118ef0c906d53.png

On another note, I now fully understand why megawads have a tendency to peter out towards the end, I am running out of ideas myself and some maps border on filler here... (MAP25...)

59 minutes ago, Cheesewheel said:

MAP 28, 29, 30 soon...?

Reveal hidden contents

DOOM0015.png.9433d9c7bc4800d1db60e08e7ad2a1c7.pngDOOM0020.png.7c7465a6ab68758eaf51bd33201fb911.pngDOOM0019.png.1c5d58eabfa0fdf1469a897e5eedf4b5.pngDOOM0018.png.253d171506d92d56d33953a56dcd76b4.pngDOOM0017.png.45f80c2886c341f1af8e2ea2c01acb0f.pngDOOM0016.png.d3e0ed589e430cf33c02abd919926c04.png

Wow, pal!
I'm really diggin this megawad!
I just completed map14: Bad Bussines.
AMAZING CONCEPT!
Love it!
This is becoming a favorite of mine.
Really bring back memories from another favourite, Vile Flesh.

3 new maps available! Check OP for download link.

MAP28: DOCKLANDS - Get the last boat out of here!

MAP29: BEACHHEAD - Assault the hellish island to get to the source. (Recommend saving on your first play when you reach the final fight, you'll know when.)

MAP30: THE CLIMB - Ascend the hellish tower, climb into the guts of the invasion and destroy it!

NEW STATUSBAR from P4IR47!!!!!

Wow, only MAP32 left to do and then this project is 'technically' finished. After all the maps are done, there will be lots of tuning and adjusting to do. Full complete release by Nov hopefully!!

I like the look if it. It's on my list to play as soon as I get through 180mpv, the re-release of Baculus and MAYhem20.

Because I'm a little OCD and I notice things like this: There's a duplicate copy of D_DM2INT in the wad and no CWILV20.

31 minutes ago, EffinghamHuffnagel said:

I like the look if it. It's on my list to play as soon as I get through 180mpv, the re-release of Baculus and MAYhem20.

Because I'm a little OCD and I notice things like this: There's a duplicate copy of D_DM2INT in the wad and no CWILV20.

Nice find, will get fixed.

I completed this one yesterday night.

Just wow!

Action non stop from the get go.

Seriously and the few things you added really make for an amazing storytelling.

Its amazing how only using the stock textures you make something that is far beyond being pure pleasure to look at.

Map23: Rooftop Rumble is pure art. Amazing layout, amazing enemy placement.

Map30 its something that needed to exist and i'm really glad you give it life. Totally amazing map!

Only maps i feel a little weak are map24 and map25 but both kinda work as breather maps and i think they are cool as they are.

I find some visual bugs on some of the last maps. I will upload them when i get home.

But aside from that, i had a blast playing this.

Even when i played it on HNTR it kicked my ass relentlessly. But in no moment i felt it unfair, so thats a great plus.

Cheers, Cheese!

You really make an outstanding megawad!

8 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I completed this one yesterday night.

Just wow!

Action non stop from the get go.

Seriously and the few things you added really make for an amazing storytelling.

Its amazing how only using the stock textures you make something that is far beyond being pure pleasure to look at.

Map23: Rooftop Rumble is pure art. Amazing layout, amazing enemy placement.

Map30 its something that needed to exist and i'm really glad you give it life. Totally amazing map!

Only maps i feel a little weak are map24 and map25 but both kinda work as breather maps and i think they are cool as they are.

I find some visual bugs on some of the last maps. I will upload them when i get home.

But aside from that, i had a blast playing this.

Even when i played it on HNTR it kicked my ass relentlessly. But in no moment i felt it unfair, so thats a great plus.

Cheers, Cheese!

You really make an outstanding megawad!

I'm glad you enjoyed the project so much, I have MAP32 completed and will be putting out a new version when I do basic difficulty settings for all maps.

I really agree with you on MAP23, as soon I started the layout I knew I was onto something special. It is probably my favourite map of the megwad!

NEW RELEASE - CHECK OP FOR NEW DL.

MAP32 - KEEN2HUNT - This place is odd.

Spoiler

DOOM0027.png.bfc20fc27af36d0eb4fa0594ea4d2771.pngDOOM0026.png.91438af7f90ba189ae0d072341569930.pngDOOM0025.png.3dfdf0eb66794f80a0f844b3677f69be.pngDOOM0024.png.ced41521a6f042a7f58dd23f7c0c4aad.png

Well that's it, CPD now has 32 maps and i'm sticking this project into beta.

The plan now will be:

- Find and fix all gameplay bugs.

- Fix all visual bugs/oddities.

- Potentially improve appearance of early maps.

- Further adjust difficulty if needed.

- Final release!

Thank you to everyone who has played through this and given me their feedback so far, the end is near!

NEW UPDATE - CHECK OP FOR DL.

CPDBETA V0.2

-New TITLEPIC, CREDIT, BOSSBACK and M_DOOM.

-Visual bugs corrected.

-Some detailing added to MAP01.

Hello,

apologies for the very late invite but this is a wad that certainly didn't escape our attention and from the OP it seems you might need a bit of help with multiplayer testing so we're playing the first half of the wad on Thursday Night Survival today.

The session starts at 19:00 BST / 14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours (and then active with fewer players for another few hours).

2 hours ago, Keyboard_Doomer said:

Hello,

apologies for the very late invite but this is a wad that certainly didn't escape our attention and from the OP it seems you might need a bit of help with multiplayer testing so we're playing the first half of the wad on Thursday Night Survival today.

The session starts at 19:00 BST / 14:00 EDT and you can expect it to be fairly active for 4+ hours (and then active with fewer players for another few hours).

This is surprising and I welcome the testing! I have made no tuning to multiplayer at all, so expect bugs and of course there is only 1 player start too.

Congrats for taking it to a full megawad after all! I tried the new maps on UV in Gzdoom and they're significantly nastier than the first batch, but nothing over-the-top. I also noticed some more bugs:

MAP18: blue door sectors 10 and 308 can't be opened from the outside.

MAP25: isn't blue armor supposed to be secret?

MAP26: I know I'm repeating myself here, but isn't blue armor supposed to be secret?

MAP29: sector 235 shouldn't be secret

MAP30: archvile 1011 never became active and couldn't teleport out even after I noclipped there so it could see me.

MAP31: floor in sector 287 shouldn't be lava.

Oh, and GZdoom complains about some lines, although you could probably ignore them:

MAP03 - Holy Weapon
Line 176 has no first side.

MAP08 - Lost Tunnels
Line 530 has no first side.

MAP10 - Stronghold
Line 475 has no first side.

MAP11 - Disinfection
Line 81 has no first side.
Line 961 has no first side.

MAP15 - Infernal Archives
Line 1349 has no first side.

MAP25 - Nuked
Line 451 has no first side.

MAP28 - Docklands
Line 287 has no first side.

Heya Cheesewheel, AgentCzerny here. Enjoyed the wad for Thursday Night Survival, and I could see the design was based around 1 player only. I looked it in the builder, saw that you made it in the Boom-ish format(or it just Doom 2?), which I can work through. I typically make my maps in the Zdoom: Doom II Hexen Format, which most of that works for Zdaemon, though not all line/sector specials work.
Talking to AgentProtoss whilst playing some maps, some needed more monsters(Second sky levels), or adjusting trap encounters as people weren't dying. Though I would say TNS is cramming a whole bunch of players slaying everything, and not every WAD is going to be the same in terms of difficulty, or A Slaughterfest or a Puzzle. SSG is a big upgrade, unless the monsters demand it, I like to have it hidden away...

I'll try to give a critique on each here whatever I see....

Play tested doing a Pistol Start per Map in Zdoom.

Looked in GZBuilder, Boom Format.

Map01: The slime pit with the chain gun secret, the Lift has a very small ledge touching the damaging floor. Could match with the them like the Brown Wall lift, having a safe ledge from the poison, or you can have the Lift bigger area, or do Both! Line Def Lift goes down to the closest floor, so keep that in mind. Also, love the secrets having hidden switches, along with Map02.

Map02: That Revenant Area is hard. Lotta people died in that room, so I think that's a success in a difficulty spike....but makes the rest of the level seem easy, even with adding an Archie later on. Finding the switch to open the door is a mad dash in not getting your face smashed in.

Map03: 2 Secrets in one area! Ammo is very tight, especially in the last area where Shotty and Chaingunners are the only source. Cacos take a lot of punishment. It is better to have monster fight each other to conserve ammo at this point(keep in mind I pistol start).

Map04: As soon as you shoot, Dead! Very good map, even with the narrow rooms using the Rocket launcher.

Map05: Devious secrets! Understand that one can be missed, but the others have to take a little sleuthing, and looking around the corner.

I'll check more maps as I go by.

EDIT June 6 2021:  Didn't get to it .  :(

Edited by Czerny399 : just grammar

NEW UPDATE - CHECK OP FOR BETA V0.3.

-Fixed some bugs that occured during multiplayer testing.

-Added CO-OP starts, increased ammo and monster count for all maps in multiplayer.

-New graphics from P41R47.

-Adjustments to story text.

-Ending to MAP30 changed.

-Other bugs fixed.

-Some music changes.

Thank you to everyone currently testing and help me bug hunt.

Well that's it out the door, final release is available on idgames here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/cpd

There still remain a few slime trails on some ports but nothing I felt was worth the time to fix, diminishing returns and all that. One dehacked decoration arrives far earlier than I intended but if anything it adds to the cryptic nature of the story so I left it in.

I have learned a lot creating this megawad and rather than tweaking this project til the end of time, it's much more sensible to create something even more impressive in the future.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, hopefully I did manage to credit everyone in some way.

If you haven't got time to dedicate to a full megawad but still want to try it out I reccomend: MAP23 - For chaotic action, MAP15 - For moody trap filled gameplay and MAP28 for tight concise gameplay.

24 minutes ago, Cheesewheel said:

Well that's it out the door, final release is available on idgames here: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/cpd

There still remain a few slime trails on some ports but nothing I felt was worth the time to fix, diminishing returns and all that. One dehacked decoration arrives far earlier than I intended but if anything it adds to the cryptic nature of the story so I left it in.

I have learned a lot creating this megawad and rather than tweaking this project til the end of time, it's much more sensible to create something even more impressive in the future.

Thanks to everyone who has helped me out, hopefully I did manage to credit everyone in some way.

If you haven't got time to dedicate to a full megawad but still want to try it out I reccomend: MAP23 - For chaotic action, MAP15 - For moody trap filled gameplay and MAP28 for tight concise gameplay.

Congratulations on the final release, pal!

:D

This project is awesome and i love it since i found it. Don't know why, but i felt that i needed to work on it.

Thanks for accepting my contributions, Cheese!

It was a pleasure to work with you ;)

Whatever you need, just PM me, ok?

@galileo31dos01, @NuMetalManiak, @Endless, @Doomkid, @Deadwing@TheMagicMushroomMan.

Check this out, guys!

I'm pretty sure you will find it interesting enough.

Hope you like it ;)

12 hours ago, Valboom said:

Map 20 so far for me, i love your work.

Hey thanks! The best is yet come, I'm sure map23 will be a highlight for you.

Perfect map design and monster placement, I hardly ever seen wallpaper-like bricks and other design flaws here and despite that some music in the wad crashed my Zdoom, I've got to map11 and want to say, the wad is really must play

I think I gonna share this masterpiece with some people who might be not present on Doomworld

EDIT: Oh yeah, Map11 ends with death and further resurrection in coffin in the infernal dimension, I've seen similar plot twist somewhere...)))))))

Edited by SilverMiner

4 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Perfect map design and monster placement, I hardly ever seen wallpaper-like bricks and other design flaws here and despite that some music in the wad crashed my Zdoom, I've got to map11 and want to say, the wad is really must play

I think I gonna share this masterpiece with some people who might be not present on Doomworld

EDIT: Oh yeah, Map11 ends with death and further resurrection in coffin in the infernal dimension, I've seen similar plot twist somewhere...)))))))

hahaha It surely is a nod i want to see... AGAIN!

;)
In what map are your ZDoom crashin, pal?
I tried it with the last release build of ZDoom and it didn't crashed on any map trying the different sound options it has :/

40 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

In what map are your ZDoom crashin, pal?

Map01, I use VST Synth and the playback crashes Zdoom, nothing important