Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tormentor667

Sapphire | Remaster | v2.0 released

Just released RC1 for Sapphire 2.0
Don't expect anything fundamental in changes but it feels more polished now. The gameplay is still similar to the release from 2006 and if you didn't like it before, changes are low that it got any better, but I suggest giving it a try anyway - even if it's just for the improved visuals. If there is anything you find or can be improved, let me know, I am looking forward to your feedback.

On top of that I want to speak out a huge "Thank you" to Ozymandias81 again, who helped me a lot in improving and polishing the mod with numerous additions, bugfixing and checks. Thanks for that man!

Link: https://www.mediafire.com/file/dj0aln9fku568t9/sapphire_v2_rc1.zip/file

The remaster does not load, the port crashes with an error. Launched without other mods with the new version of gzdoom-4-3-3-Windows-64bit. The old original is going fine.

Spoiler

2020-05-22_122255.jpg.16538fd93a877b4cea639de73e222272.jpg

15 minutes ago, 86232and said:

The remaster does not load, the port crashes with an error. Launched without other mods with the new version of gzdoom-4-3-3-Windows-64bit. The old original is going fine.

Reveal hidden contents

2020-05-22_122255.jpg.16538fd93a877b4cea639de73e222272.jpg

Check the readme, it says you need GZDoom 4.4+ :)

https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Thanks for specifying the required version of GZDoom. Now the Sapphire remaster opens, the right title screens go. But instead map of "Sapphire: Orbital Research", there is a Doom 2 "Entryway" map. HUD, music and the name of the map from the remaster - but the map Doom 2.

I do not understand ...

Spoiler

01.jpg.0dfbcb6206fb71de1663f74f83e4389a.jpg02.jpg.9e0b1e9a6c1663c4910beec63c110682.jpg

That was my test if even someone plays it :-P No just kidding, please redownload the file, I made a mistake when zipping it up.

56 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

That was my test if even someone plays it :-P No just kidding, please redownload the file, I made a mistake when zipping it up.

Thanks for the fixed version.
Good joke - at some point, I decided that I was going crazy...

33 minutes ago, MikeyScoots said:

Whered you get the translucent light beam mid textures? Asking for a friend.

Selfmade :)

13 minutes ago, MikeyScoots said:

So...how do I kill the demolisher?

I second that 

Anyway, very fun level! I almost die sometimes (in real life, I mean)

Well, take a closer look at the pillars in the room of the final battle. You can't beat the Demolisher directly,...

Spoiler

...but if you trigger the switches in the right order, it gets destroyed ;)

OH 

OOOOOOH
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH 

I will try it asap 

48 minutes ago, Tormentor667 said:

Well, take a closer look at the pillars in the room of the final battle. You can't beat the Demolisher directly,...

Hide contents

...but if you trigger the switches in the right order, it gets destroyed ;)

I have too many questions about some of the features, but this was very well done. Once again Torm raises the standards.

So I made a let's play of this 1.0 .

Enjoyed Sapphire a lot. Great atmosphere, effects, combat, and music. The Barons weren't used to well in my opinion, as I ended up doing more shotgunning than expected and they made the game a bit more grindy than it should, and the music, while great, was perhaps a little to over-the-top for the map, although it definitely made it more fun at the same time. I just think a more atmospheric track rather than a more epic-sounding one would've been more fitting.

I've given City of the Damned a shot as well in that session, mainly because I loved Sapphire, but frankly I ended up canning the whole thing. It was everything Sapphire wasn't - that being plan unenjoyable. The new enemies weren't much fun, the weapons were quite clunky, and the map was confusing and difficult to navigate. Visibility was pretty poor at times as well but I think that came mostly from my sector lighting of choice (Doom). Once I reached that Disciple miniboss I stopped, that fight was horrible, and the puzzle before him was even more so... A shame really, since it could've been so much more, but in contrast to Sapphire, where I enjoyed every second of it, I ended up hating most of it.

5 hours ago, seed said:

I've given City of the Damned a shot as well in that session, mainly because I loved Sapphire, but frankly I ended up canning the whole thing. It was everything Sapphire wasn't - that being plan unenjoyable. The new enemies weren't much fun, the weapons were quite clunky, and the map was confusing and difficult to navigate. Visibility was pretty poor at times as well but I think that came mostly from my sector lighting of choice (Doom). Once I reached that Disciple miniboss I stopped, that fight was horrible, and the puzzle before him was even more so... A shame really, since it could've been so much more, but in contrast to Sapphire, where I enjoyed every second of it, I ended up hating most of it.

Thanks for the Let's play, it was quite entertaining to watch :) Regarding the "City of The Damned: Apocalypse" - I am aware of all the issues and that's what we work on regarding the remaster so keep your feedback coming in the appropriate thread. Thanks for your report :)