Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nicolas monti

Help me to identify these old wads 2 songs

I know I asked this many times in different threads but I refuse to believe no one has the answer, trying to identify them since 1997!!!

Edited by nicolas monti

I'm pretty sure to have already heard the track for your second midi outside of Doom, maybe Jean Michelle Jarre? Maybe Alan Parsons?

9 hours ago, Walter confetti said:

I'm pretty sure to have already heard the track for your second midi outside of Doom, maybe Jean Michelle Jarre? Maybe Alan Parsons?

Still didn't find it, I've listened to every midi of those bands I guess. Maybe is the music of some 80s TV show, series or movie or even a video game. Those songs have to be known because someone made the effort of composing the midis back in the early nineties.

10 hours ago, nicolas monti said:

Still didn't find it, I've listened to every midi of those bands I guess. Maybe is the music of some 80s TV show, series or movie or even a video game. Those songs have to be known because someone made the effort of composing the midis back in the early nineties.

Yeah, I suppose that too.

I got curious about these too, since I've heard at least the first one in other wads before.

Just for the hell of it, since the e2music E2M1 track is in an odd time signature, I tried searching a large archive of MIDIs for meta events that indicated a 7/4 or 7/8 time signature, and eventually found this:

http://artscene.textfiles.com/music/midi/k/kabbalah.mid

Unfortunately there's still no identifying text in the MIDI file, but hopefully it helps.

These songs have a very demoscene quality to them, something I thought even before I saw Revenant's link. I'm going to guess that they're original compositions. It's unusual for a demoscene composition to not have any identifying info in it, though, so it's possible they were converted/rewritten from another format.

Is Heroes the first wad you know to have them?

If they are demo music you might be able to get someone to ID them if you post on http://www.pouet.net/bbs.php, though you'll have to navigate the not-so-easy registration system to make an account first :p

btw @Revenant that's an awesome resource for MIDI music there, interesting it doesn't seem to be linked from the parent site at all.

Edited by plums

Found a version of the same song with track text intact and without the long pause at the end: New-Age-Demo-2.mid

Still no idea of the proper title or artist though.

e: likewise, e2music E2M5 is Funk-Demo-10.mid which has the same style of track text.

There's also the similarly named Funk-Demo-02.mid and Funk-Demo-07.mid (also with similar track text), which are different versions of GROOVE.MID from Voyetra AudioStation. It's possible that these are all other demo songs from different Voyetra products.

Edited by Revenant