Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Can't play on Nightmare

Why can't I open Doom 2 any more?

The game opened in the beggining but a short while after I downloaded it, it became like this photo. It is not going any further than that.

I deleted it and downloaded again but this problem remains? It had worked in the beggining. 

7m8cCz.jpg

that happened to me long time ago in my gog build. Never cared to fix it after i tried a sourceport. i recommend you Doom Retro.

Just unzip it on a new folder, copy the files doom.wad doom2.wad tnt.wad and plutonia.wad and paste them inside doom retro folder.

doibleclick doomretro.exe, choose wad, and play.

don't get scared if your antivirus mark it as a potentially dangerous application. its normal, but trust us, there is nothing dangerous on it.

If you need something else just ask, we will be happy to guide you.

Edited by P41R47

54 minutes ago, P41R47 said:

that happened to me long time ago in my gog build. Never cared to fix it after i tried a sourceport. i recommend you Doom Retro.

Just unzip it on a new folder, copy the files doom.wad doom2.wad tnt.wad and plutonia.wad and paste them inside doom retro folder.

doibleclick doomretro.exe, choose wad, and play.

don't get scared if your antivirus mark it as a potentially dangerous application. its normal, but trust us, there is nothing dangerous on it.

If you need something else just ask, we will be happy to guide you.

It didnt work sadly. It gives error.

Here's the photo:

CeHwOs.jpg

Edited by Can't play on Nightmare

I can't read such blurred message no matter how hard I try, but seems, here's the problem SDL2 thing, it would be better if you just write error message what it says. 

You need to have SDL2.dll in the same folder as the executable. Probably all the other DLLs too.

Watch out for the x64/x86 bitness. You can download SDL from their website. Inside the archive you'll see below "lib" some "x86" and "x64" folders. Try the one which works.

Also you may need to look for SDL2_mixer, SDL2_net and maybe others.

30 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

It didnt work sadly. It gives error.

Here's the photo:

CeHwOs.jpg

Strange that you have that error. You unziped every file inside the zip on the same folder? Because the the SDL2.dll comes in the package.

Here, you need to have all this files on your folder:

Doomretro.png.8cbe9e4618181a2b074c14549d3dbf94.png

6 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

@Can't play on Nightmare I too have issues with Doom Retro. I recommend trying Crispy Doom or GZDoom and see if any of these work for you.

I had help from a friend and downloaded and worked GZDoom but Doom 2 monster levels is missing. We couldnt work it on GZ Doom.

Do you have any suggestion for Doom 2 monster levels?

19 minutes ago, Can't play on Nightmare said:

I had help from a friend and downloaded and worked GZDoom but Doom 2 monster levels is missing. We couldnt work it on GZ Doom.

Do you have any suggestion for Doom 2 monster levels?

If you mean the Master Levels, that's an entirely separate product. You'd need the inidividual Master Levels PWADs and another PWAD to basically recreate a menu-like interface for that. https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/utils/frontends/zdmlmenu

This should also work in GZDoom just fine.