Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AleksB

Hell revealed 3???

Your map looks sick. Havnt played yet but will give it a playthrough. And i hope this becomes a thing, im currently working on mine right now.  But damn dude your screenahots look cool.

I always wanted to see Alien Vendetta 2 and Hell Revealed 3. I know the original authors are probably not even active anymore, Idk why we can't make it a community project in spirit and shoot off pm's/emails for permission. If not, just call it Hell Revealed: Beyond Hell 

Honestly I would like to see an "AV2", but I can't say the same for "HR3".

HRII was so bad from my point of view it essentially killed the series for me.

52 minutes ago, seed said:

HRII was so bad from my point of view it essentially killed the series for me.

HR3 can only be an improvement, then! :)

Edited by Salt-Man Z

I took the liberty of putting together a potential texture wad : https://www.mediafire.com/file/np8h66oqn3bp0xy/Unveiled.rar/file. I'll be updating this from time to time - additional GRAY based textures are on my immediate to-do list. Most of the textures are by myself (based on ID's work of course), but there are a few additional credits which I've spoilered below.

I would ask that for the moment, the .wad isn't used for anything other than this project. A lot of them have been posted on the textures threads here on Doomworld and the ZDoom forums, so feel free to use those!

If you want even more textures, Jimmytex would be a good one to merge this one with because there's very little overlap but plenty of complementary textures (just some similar BROWNGRN, MARBLE, and light textures really).

Credits:

129thVisplane
40oz
Amuscaria
Cage
Espi
Laz Rojas
MSquid
Nootrac4571
Raven Software (the right half of RW19_9)
Rogue Entertainment (RW21_7 plus variants)
The author of Neutered.wad

A few patches were culled from the texture threads and various wads, and I'm not 100% sure of the authors:

DOOR3_7
RW12_6 and RW12_7
RW19_A
RW69_3 and RW69_4
RW82_1 to RW82_5

EDIT: I forgot to mention that there are some new animated textures, but I haven't yet created an ANIMATED lump since the format of this project hasn't been decided upon. If it's limit-removing rather than Boom compatible, I can do an Evilution and add them to the side of existing animations.

Edited by NiGHTMARE

On 5/23/2020 at 6:48 PM, MikeyScoots said:

I always wanted to see Alien Vendetta 2 and Hell Revealed 3. I know the original authors are probably not even active anymore, Idk why we can't make it a community project in spirit and shoot off pm's/emails for permission. If not, just call it Hell Revealed: Beyond Hell 

Several of the AV people are still around. If you want more AV-like maps, check out BSP's AV: Black Label.

For anyone who wants to contribute to this project, I've uploaded a new version of the texture .wad. It has 224 additional new textures (bringing the total to 1681, which is 1253 more than the Doom 2 IWAD), plus tweaks to several of the existing textures. Grab it here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/6ycacwda121pz44/Unveiled_v2.rar/file

There's still a fair bit more I'd like to add (maybe bring the total up to a nice round 2000?), so expect a v3 at some point.

Additional credits:

AconyX

ItsNatureToDie

On 5/19/2020 at 1:29 AM, Death Egg said:

Hell Concealed

Hell Repealed 

Maybe a proper project announcement thread needs to be made to drum up some interest?

Anyhow, I wasn't going to upload a new version of the texture wad until the weekend but I noticed a few textures were broken so here's a v3: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v4f2ck6cmxv59sc/Unveiled_v3.rar/file

There's about 120 more textures since v2, with the highlights being METAL2 and SHAWN versions of the TEKGREEN textures, and some shiny pipes based on a texture by Cage.

V4 will be coming the near future, and then I'm planning to do some mapping.

if hell has been revealed twice already, then shouldn't it be called Hell, again?

Sorry i went dormant everyone. Had a death in the family and had to go to europe for a while, but now im back and hoping to revitalize this project. Gunna start working on my maps again tomorrow amd hopefully have some screenahots for everyone. 

On 5/23/2020 at 6:48 PM, MikeyScoots said:

Many of the original authors are still active. Check out AV: BL for some more AV style fun :)

On 7/12/2020 at 10:31 PM, AleksB said:

Sorry i went dormant everyone. Had a death in the family and had to go to europe for a while, but now im back and hoping to revitalize this project. Gunna start working on my maps again tomorrow amd hopefully have some screenahots for everyone. 

Sorry to hear that. :(

This sounds like a fun project. I am tempted to join in :D

Hello everyone,

Let me start off by saying that I do apologize again for going Dormant on this project once again.  Life happens and shit had to be handled.  What are you gunna do, right?  I know people fell off of this thing and I understand why, I havnt been a good host to make sure this things gets its bearings in order.  I would love to start to spear head this again, im making several maps that would fit into this project and also other in the community.  If nobody is interested I understand.  I screwed up by going away for a while twice without any updates and I apologize cause I saw some cool screenshots in this thread.

Like I said, life gets in the way sometimes, Im sure you all an understand that.  Maybe somebody else can take charge of this and let this project flourish into something badass.  Or Ill keep on making sure that we get this all buttoned up and release a new badass megawad.  You guys let me know how you feel about it.

Sorry again for not seeing this through back then.  But I say that we pick up where we left off and get this ball rollin.

LMK!!

I may or may not have something to contribute depending on what I decide to do with what I have. It is in boom format however so unless you wanted to make hell revealed 3 boom format it would be incompatible.

This is certainly a good idea, but I think the project should be re-organized, with specific rules and intentions written down and a set management. 

I remember Jonas Feragen originally intended to make HR III right after II and started on some maps, but it never got off the ground. Maybe we could contact him and ask him for his blessing. Petter Mårtensen has more midi's that didn't end up in HRII on his site, so we can get some more cool metal tunes. 

18 hours ago, A.H. Sankhatayan said:

This is certainly a good idea, but I think the project should be re-organized, with specific rules and intentions written down and a set management. 

I remember Jonas Feragen originally intended to make HR III right after II and started on some maps, but it never got off the ground. Maybe we could contact him and ask him for his blessing. Petter Mårtensen has more midi's that didn't end up in HRII on his site, so we can get some more cool metal tunes. 

I agree. You should restart this and reorganize if you wish for it to work out efficiently.