DooMBoy

Scariest (Original) Doom Episode

See above.  

21 members have voted

1. 1. See above.

• Episode One: Knee Deep in the Dead
    • Episode Two: The Shores of Hell
    • Episode Three: Inferno

What was the scariest Episode in the original (not ultimate) Doom for you? For me, I think it was Episode Two; the way the levels slowly got more and more twisted and hellish the farther you went into the base. E2M5 comes to mind...

Well, I didnt get the original Doom, just played the shareware for a few years then got Ultimate Doom, so I'll say episode one then. Cause thats the only one I played not on Ultimate Doom. Heh.

I'll have to go with episode one. E1M4's little labyrinth could get alittle scary sometimes (when I was about 7 years old though).

mark another one for shores

E2M6 is überdarkness in a paranoid land of sour milk and stinging honey.

E2M4 is cool too...the music, the colour-themed areas and the crushers make that level what it is.

Episode 1 is really cool but also the least "scary." Episode 3 has some scary maps, but some are too strange to be scary. Episode 2 gets my vote, with maps like e2m4 and e2m6, and the overall tech-gothic transition throughout the episode (or the combination of these themes in some maps.)

Ever get that feeling of dread when you're running around that near pitch black area in E2M6 and the infrared goggles run out of power before you find the other one?

Episode 3 imo. E3M2 to be specific. There were so many different passages, so many different ways for enemies to get to you.
Im the type to be more frightened of a wide open space than of a dark, cramped one.

Episode one, because by the time I got the registered version, I'd already played Knee Deep and Doom2 a million times.

No idea. Nowadyas, Doom isn't scary fot me (except maybe if there's a cybie stomping around in an area with narrow spaces) and even back then (I was thirteen when I first saw Doom), I just regarded it as a cool action game with a few scary moments.

Episode 2 was fucking shit scary when I was younger. Especially Halls of the Damned. Damn that shit.

E2M2 was pretty scary when I was young. The music gived a great atmosphere to the level. I liked pretty much all the E2 levels.