Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Submerge

Poll about something that's likely happened to all of us.

Ever buy Macintosh software accidentally?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Ever buy Macintosh software accidentally?

• Yes (the horror)
    • Nope. I check the box carefully before I buy.
    • No. Considering that I OWN a fricking Mac.
    • Who BUYS software anymore?

No. It's not a poll on impotence, so don't worry.

Ever buy Mac software on accident instead of ordinary PC stuff?

Nope, never happened to me. By the way, did anyone who owns a Macintosh buy PC software by mistake?

Nope. Didn't ever accidentally buy a Mac game. I DID however, buy a C64 game by accident. I got Fire and Forget 2 for MS-DOS (back in the 5.25 disk days), and loved it so much I hunted the first one down. Only to not be able to play it! UGH! :P

Nope. I did buy a Sega Master System game for my NES when I was little. Got that sorted out easily enough.

There was one time where I bought Wizardry 2 or 3 (I can't remember which) for the Apple 2E, which could use the characters from the first Wizardry game. There was just one problem. The characters all had to be 13th level or higher. Back then I couldn't get my characters above level 4 or 5 before they died. Once, I got a character to around level 11, but he ended up being decapitated by ninjas. Needless to say, that game was never played, and I got tired of the first Wizardry soon after.

IMJack said:

Nope. I did buy a Sega Master System game for my NES when I was little. Got that sorted out easily enough.

i made a mistake similar to that... i bought a Sega Master System as opposed to an NES! :-D

it didn't take long to return that for a good ole' gray NES... SMS had nice graphics and some good games but nintendo blew it out of the water!

I once grabbed a mac app, but realized what it was before checkout and changed it. so almost would have been a good choice, if it was there.

Heh

The only games i've bought are (from latest to first):

-Myst/Riven combo
-Dark Forces
-LucasArts Archive II
-Tie Fighter (original disk crackeed, replaced it with LA Archive II)
-Full Throttle
-King's Quest 5 (3 bucks, waht a deal!)

The rest i've received as gifts, borrowed from my dad, gotten from people leagaly and/or illigaly, and i've had a few that came with this computer (Kings Quest 6 for example)

My sister has a mac, and owns RailRoad Tycoon 2 and The Sims for it.
Too bad her CD rom drive is broken.

DOOM Anomaly said:

The?

Definite article, used for determining nouns.

I never bought software for the wrong OS, although I once almost bought Streetfighter II for the C64. Although I intended to use it on a C64, it would be a BIG MISTAKE if I had bought it and paid EUR 40 for a game that doesn't even remotely look like it (you even get a warning saying: some things in the manual cannot be found in the game, due to extreme limitations of the C64)! I did get 'Virtual PC' once as a birthday present. Since it's a PC emu for the MAC, I gave it to a friend of mine who accidentally bought an iMac... heh :P

elbryan42 said:

Nope. Didn't ever accidentally buy a Mac game. I DID however, buy a C64 game by accident. I got Fire and Forget 2 for MS-DOS (back in the 5.25 disk days), and loved it so much I hunted the first one down. Only to not be able to play it! UGH! :P

Do you still have the disk? Maybe I can convert it for you so you can use at least an EMULATOR to play in on the PC...? :P