Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ineedadisplayname

mouse lags ultimate doom and i need help

ok, so i woke up this morning to go play doom, but my game lags if i move the mouse and crashes if i move it enough. im not getting a source port because i want to play vanilla. any help?

Reduce the amount of cycles in DOSBox by pressing CTRL+F11 until you've reached your desired performance level.

Edited by lazy91geek

3 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

im not getting a source port because i want to play vanilla

Highly recommend using Chocolate Doom over DOSBox. It's still vanilla, but made to run on it's own without emulation.

5 hours ago, ineedadisplayname said:

im not getting a source port because i want to play vanilla

You can still play Doom pretty much like it was back in the early 90s using a sourceport. I use Z-Doom on a laptop and I have things like particles and decals turned off, and the secret revealed message disabled and a few other settings to make it closer to the original experience.

PRBoom+ is also good. It isn't 100% true to the constraints of vanilla, but it still feels very much like the vanilla game. It has higher resolution support and proper mouse acceleration, among other things. (Though much of it can be tweaked in compatibility settings.) It's the kind of source port that's typically known as limit-removing.