Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Jimmy and Josh would like to play your WADs

I always want to know what people think of Eternally Yours, and I do have a coop-fixed version posted to Doomshack. It's 11 maps for vanilla Doom 2, and it was released in earlier 2012 so it's an older release of mine.

Oh my!
You two can play the Pandemonium Speed Maps, there are 15, the longest maps takes 20-30 mins in SP, but most are 5-15 mins.

I added co-op starts to all the maps but i have not tested it. Some maps were not originally designed for co-op but

I think they should work fine :) I know all the mappers would probably love to see you legends play it, that includes me XD.
If you do play it and have any issues please let me know.

On 5/21/2020 at 11:51 PM, Steve88 said:

Oh my!
You two can play the Pandemonium Speed Maps, there are 15, the longest maps takes 20-30 mins in SP, but most are 5-15 mins.

I added co-op starts to all the maps but i have not tested it. Some maps were not originally designed for co-op but

I think they should work fine :) I know all the mappers would probably love to see you legends play it, that includes me XD.
If you do play it and have any issues please let me know.

I second this.

ALSO:

Edited by BluePineapple72 : Edit 7: Simplification

Since you guys mentioned that alpha sets were okay i'll send in a PM with a short wad i've been working on for some time if that's okay

Not long ago, I released my Episode 1 replacement of Ultimate DooM right here. https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/114314-released-infernovasion-e1-replacement-of-ultimate-doom/

Sorry, no coop in this one as I intentionally made it that way since it has some story elements & level design that fits solo better.

Same for my single Sigil-inspired map 'Oculus Malus' (or 'om' for short) minus the story elements.

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom/Ports/m-o/om

Still, hope you enjoy it.

If you don't mind non-PC... and could find two consoles, two TVs, and a serial link cable somehow...

Playstation Doom: GEC Master Edition could really, really, REALLY use some multiplayer testing. Like, desperately badly. Since we have no idea how the hell well it performs under multiplayer at all.

And if not... well, it's all those cut (and later-released) Doom maps re-imagined and re-nightmared onto PSX Doom's dark, sinister shell. Take turns clearing maps, maybe :)

And please die in my levels lots if you do. It would make my black heart happy.

Will you do silly wads? If so, then I have a silly wad for you.

And yes, it does have co-op.

If it's not too much to play >.<

It should have coop support.

Cool to see y'all taking requests! Looks like you'll be busy for a while too, hehe; I'll do my due diligence and add to the pile as well. There are other mappers who could use the feedback for their wip's more immediately than I do; this map is finished beyond any bugs cropping up, so I'll be taking the feedback as a learning opportunity for the next project rather than as something to be changed now (I'm scared to rebuild nodes). So I'm ok if y'all put this on the bottom of the list, even behind those who post after me as well; play it whenever works best for y'all. I am very curious how this map will fare in coop though!

Whenever y'all do get around to it: this map is a non-linear, medium-sized, limit-removing, ult. doom map using mostly rockets and plasma and has taken others roughly 30-60 minutes to go through on their first attempts (with saves), so that will give you a good time estimate on things; with preknowledge and without deaths the map can be maxed in less than 15 minutes or exited in less than 2.

I would normally highly recommend playing one difficulty level under your norm, but idk how coop will go here so I guess have a blast! Still, the map isn't that much different on HMP aside from a small couple monsters and mostly just extra/better supplies so may be more fun to go with that, as deaths in coop can be extra painful. There should be plenty of supplies to not need respawning items but still prolly be good to play with that on too as I didn't add any mp-specific things to the map. Unfortunate in retrospect I forgot to at least add extra mp armors... apologies in advance lol.

Driven_JnJ.wad

I guess here's the thread too for completion's sake but this isn't posted on there:

The midi in this map may sound familiar; at least y'all will have good music to die or otherwise gad to! Thanks again for the track ;D I appreciate it so much!

Good luck on your playthroughs; I look forward to watching them!

Y'all really asked for it. ;) Natch, I'd be honored if you guys played some of my wip maps -- and dig those goofy working titles! So, without further ado, and for whenever you get around to them, we have;

ODTech87 plays on Map01. Music track by Viscra Maelstrom

Belly158 plays on Map12 and requires cc4-tex.wad. Music track by rdwpa

ODHell134 plays on Map22 and requires cc4-tex.wad. Music track by Viscra Maelstrom

All maps have co-op starts but no other co-op features. I would describe them as highly advanced betas, but I do wonder about the usual things, such as; too big, any grindy parts, is it too easy to cheese major battles, are they hideous? Fire away! :)

6-map (+1 secret map if you find it) set I made a while ago. Par time is about an hour across. Will need GZDoom. Co-op is supported, although I was never able to test it.

Ah, I can have a showing of my first map which was remade a few weeks back.  1st version is a newbie made map, so it does have flaws that are in the process of learning.  2nd version, flats and textures are played every which way(a no no in vanilla use, but does complete the look of some rooms).   A near final version.  Zdoom or Gzdoom should be used. 

I think I may have a platforming kick.

Many thanks for all your suggestions!

Going live with our first selection in approximately 20 minutes. See you there!

Already contacted Dragonfly for some Sigma-X testing, just adding what is needed:

• GZDoom 4.3.3 (unfortunately coop is not supported yet but since Jimmy already tested some of the maps :P)
  • Doom 2 IWAD
  • Dynamic lights on (and make sure you load lights.pk3 as well!)
  • Freelook is encouraged
  • Jump/Crouch allowed (and needed!)
  • OTEX DEV version (grab it from Ukiro´s Discord channel if you don´t have latest version)

Again, thank you for hosting this!